Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simlink questions

When you fly FSX:SE or P3D in a group flight with Simlink, do you see the other planes actuate landing gear, flaps, canopies/doors, speed brakes, and control surfaces?

How is it with jitter in multiplayer? In FSX we have to set FSX fps to 30 to get smooth flight of other aircraft. Does that work the same?

I guess in short, does Simlink function the same as if everyone was flying FSX and P3D and you were logged in to the respective multiplayer proprietary servers?

I've tried other servers where when we start out some planes are just floating above the runway, some have their gear never appear to retract, canopies don't close, etc.

I'm sure somebody who regularly flies in the group flights will answer shortly.
    I'm ashamed to say I've not been able to join in with the flights for a while, but as far as I remember lights, doors, gear etc all show.
    If you don't use BOINC or World Community Grid then you should!

Comment

Originally posted by Robert455 View Post
      When you fly FSX:SE or P3D in a group flight with Simlink, do you see the other planes actuate landing gear, flaps, canopies/doors, speed brakes, and control surfaces?

How is it with jitter in multiplayer? In FSX we have to set FSX fps to 30 to get smooth flight of other aircraft. Does that work the same?

I guess in short, does Simlink function the same as if everyone was flying FSX and P3D and you were logged in to the respective multiplayer proprietary servers?

I've tried other servers where when we start out some planes are just floating above the runway, some have their gear never appear to retract, canopies don't close, etc.
      Question 1- yes you see landing gear etc on most aircraft providing its not a bad model that doesnt have animations in.

Question 2- The jitter is still there however minimal with a good connection. There is a 5 second delay between when someone does something and when you see it so formation is not possible but it works well for us in group flights as the issue of people landing,Taxiing through you is gone as you are 5 seconds ahead of where they think you are. In other words they may go through you but you wont see it on your end.

Question 3 - simlink for me works better than normal servers as i can fly anything i want no matter if it is a packet hog or frame rate hit because it wont affect anyone as you see me as a model matching substitution. With the advantage of flying with friends who only have steam fsx or p3d.

Question4- The issue of floating above the ground if you have different scenery is no more as the vpilot software recognises when you are on the ground and will place anyone else also landed on the ground you see even if they are 6 foot higher on there scenery. This works up to 47 feet in difference.
      All doors lights and control surfaces should work providing its a default or fsx designed aircraft so all payware, Default and most freeware will work fine But many fs2004,/FS9 imports wont. Mike has spent alot of time to choose models for our AI that work properly so i recommend you use those. The only small set back in some of them is the prop texture is a little odd at close range but its not terrible (its not black like some other models).
      Hope this helps.
      sigpic

Comment

Thank you, Edd. I appreciate the detailed response. I probably should have been more clear about the floating thing, though. What I have seen before was other aircraft appearing to float above the tarmac because their gear appeared up to me but was actually down for the pilot of that aircraft. Otherwise the planes were at about the correct height. This was with FSHost as the server for multiplayer. It would miss things like when pilots opened doors, canopies, toggled gear, etc.

Very much appreciate the answer, though!

Comment

Originally posted by edd2287 View Post
          Question4- The issue of floating above the ground if you have different scenery is no more as the vpilot software recognises when you are on the ground and will place anyone else also landed on the ground you see even if they are 6 foot higher on there scenery. This works up to 47 feet in difference.
          There is one caveat here (that doesn't apply in Robert455's situation), and that is if you are flying in X-Plane, that client does not correct for floating aircraft. But this only affects the person running X-Plane. vPilot (the client for FSX, Steam, & P3D) is the one that does the altitude correction on the ground, so people using vpilot see the person using X-Plane on the ground correctly.

Hopefully I explained that clearly...
          - Michael
          Check out my cockpit build!

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
          Who has read this thread:
          Working...
          X