X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats your Sim?

I'm just curious but....
    What is your favourite flight simulator and why?
    FSX Boxed
    38.24%
    FSX Steam
    42.16%
    P3D
    8.82%
    Xplane
    0.98%
    DCS
    7.84%
    Other
    1.96%
    Last edited by ATC_ROO; January 22, 2016, 11:58 PM.
    If you don't use BOINC or World Community Grid then you should!

what's? P3D v3.1, Why? The best u can get...
    CaseyRyback59/Andreas
    Staff Member
    VA-Manager

Comment

i use P3d v3 and som e xplane

Comment

I picked FSX-Boxed, P3D, and DCS. They all have individual advantages and drawbacks.

FSX Good: Everything I have is there and fully functional for multiplayer here on msFlights
        FSX Bad: Outdated backend system, doesn't use resources wisely etc.

P3Dv3 Good: A lot better backend system than FSX. But still similar to FSX. Updates.
        P3Dv3 Bad: Not 100% of my add-ons are cross compatible/updated.

DCS Good: Combat, realism, & graphics are next to real, takes in resources like a 7/11 Slirpee untill you have no more. (aka great coding) Multiplayer is amazing, No subs for A/C you dont have.
        DCS Bad: Module costs can rack up quick, more controls than you have buttons for/big learning curve, not open world.

Comment

I didn't catch that this was a multiple selection. I chose box FSX. But I use all but "other" and "Xplane".

Comment

"Sim" is a very wide category. I'd have to include the space sims like Elite Dangerous in "Other", and I could even include virtual worlds such as Second Life. But it wouldn't and didn't make a difference to my vote: FSX Boxed.

I always vote with my feet and the sheer number of hours in FSX Boxed dwarfs the rest (over 3,000 hours in Boxed since joining msflights three years ago, compared with just 51 hours in Steam in the year since the Steam edition came out).

Why? Despite tweaks, I still find FSX Boxed faster and smoother than Steam and a richer experience. However I'm happy that both exist since I like the fact that less mature participants tend to be diverted to Steam multiplayer nowadays, away from the Boxed servers. But what would you expect from a grumpy old man? YMMV.

Comment

FSX Boxed It is the best for me.
              I have over 500hrs in boxed and only 50 in steam.
              [IMG]http://173.83.96.30/stuff/images/A2A/banner-n7048p.png[/IMG]
              [COLOR="#006400"][B][I]Learn from the mistakes of others. You won't live long enough to make all of them yourself![/I][/B][/COLOR]
              [COLOR="#FF0000"][B]✈️Youtube:[/B][/COLOR] [URL="https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjeLgOOxRhnvfPD5VJhxRjw"]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjeLgOOxRhnvfPD5VJhxRjw[/URL]

Comment

I concur, virtually less than 5 hours in steam, why bother with it when my FSX is GDT with god only knows how many hundreds of flight hours (ingorance of actual FSX flight hours due to non FSX related need for full system reinstall) and now rocks after a somewhat more than (only minimally fsx related) substantial effort of reinstall and configuration. I was reluctant to endorse FSD but all seems good,,,,,soooooo FSX fo me.

Comment

I choose boxed to me the original is always better them streaming less things can go wrong.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
                  Who has read this thread:
                  Working...
                  X