Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FSD Server Poll

I hear both the good and bad about the FSD software.
    So I've started this Poll to get a gauge of how easy people are finding using the server.
    Is more information needed?
    Do people find it awkward to setup and use?
    Maybe you dont even know what the FSD server is?
    Or does everything work great and as is expected for you?
    Let me know.
    Perfect, I love it and can fly with my friends using any sim.
    36.59%
    It's OK I like it, but it has it's problems.
    41.46%
    I find it awkward to setup and haven't managed to connect yet.
    4.88%
    I rarely use it as I haven't found a need too.
    7.32%
    What is the FSD server? I've never heard of it.
    9.76%
    If you don't use BOINC or World Community Grid then you should!

Works great for me. Set up was easy following your instructions. I use it in Steam and P3D v3.1
    Thank you for creating it.

Bobby
    “We deliver anything to the people there—food, mail, the morning paper, the afternoon paper, laundry, refrigerators, Christmas trees, just about anything that will fit in an airplane.”

Comment

I voted for it's OK, but has it's issues. I would love to see this as a main server option in the future, the main issues I have with it is the simi difficulty of getting all aircraft subbed the way you want, and the server lag on positioning. Other than that It's a great piece of software!
      [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/RrDpHEG.jpg[/IMG]
      [url]www.fsxblueangels.com[/url]

Comment

I like fsd it works well but I wish I could have better substitutions like fshost could use my own game library and I could choose what I see them as.
        I still like fshost better.
        [IMG]http://173.83.96.30/stuff/images/A2A/banner-n7048p.png[/IMG]
        [COLOR="#006400"][B][I]Learn from the mistakes of others. You won't live long enough to make all of them yourself![/I][/B][/COLOR]
        [COLOR="#FF0000"][B]✈️Youtube:[/B][/COLOR] [URL="https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjeLgOOxRhnvfPD5VJhxRjw"]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjeLgOOxRhnvfPD5VJhxRjw[/URL]

Comment

Voted "It's OK I like it, but it has it's problems." However, I don't like it best of the ones we've tried. Comparing those systems we've tried so far from my own personal pilot perspective, my opinions are:
          • FScloud: Longest lag. Very smooth with no jitter. Easy to crash it when using map.
          • FShost: Easiest setup. No noticeable lag at all. Pronounced position jitter.
          • DAFSIM: Short lag. Very smooth. No jitter except at very close range (when it's small and bearable). Bad 'strobing' of ground aircraft.
          • FSD: Medium lag. Bad position jitter at close range (akin to unclamped frame-rate effect).
          Overall I've enjoyed my experiences with DAFSIM more than with the others. The latest offering, FSD, I don't have as much enthusiasm for, and I find its short range jitter makes slow group flights unattractive.

Comment

Originally posted by InTheLittleCube View Post
            I like fsd it works well but I wish I could have better substitutions like fshost could use my own game library and I could choose what I see them as.
            I still like fshost better.
            That can be done.
            A quick google found this which might help you.

Comment

Storm, another downside of DASIM is that I've seen the central DAFSIM server offline 1-3 hours a week. That number comes from just casual observation. When the DAFSIM server is offline, so are we.

At felt I had to lean the direction of the FSD method because it is all in our control.

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                Storm, another downside of DASIM is that I've seen the central DAFSIM server offline 1-3 hours a week. That number comes from just casual observation. When the DAFSIM server is offline, so are we.

At felt I had to lean the direction of the FSD method because it is all in our control.
                That's quite possible Karl, though I've not experienced myself. My comparison was based on enjoyability not availability. At the moment FSD gives me a "meh" experience.

If I ever ran another group flight series, I would want to use a multi-platform system. I was prepared to have used DAFSIM as its basis, but I am not prepared to use FSD because it simply isn't fun enough for me at the moment. With no judder and short lag, I'd have lived with DAFSIM's air-to-ground strobing. Remove FSD's judder and I'd live with its lag, even if were as bad as FScloud-scale lag. But FSD's close range judder makes it a non-starter for me. Still, I'm sure there are plenty of other people who want to run group flights!

Comment

I may have found another pilot client, built especially for this type of server.
                  I'll dig a little deeper and see if it's any good.

I believe any jitter/lag is all down to the client being used.
                  If I can find a client which doesn't have the 5 second delay I'm hoping that should sort it.

Comment

Thank you, Roo, for your continued kind attention to this. And a Happy Boxing Day to you!

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
                    Who has read this thread:
                    Working...
                    X