Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CS B-52 ARGILES Work in Progress

Hey all, this will likely be of interest for anyone that flies the Captain Sim B-52 Driver. I bought it recently and though it is A BLAST to fly, I found navigating in it to be a bit of a pain. Without GPS and a proper Radio/autopilot panel I found it difficult to navigate at night doing ILS approaches. I could find airports via VOR but I was having a hard time getting lined up. Also, without a GPS I figured that long haul stuff would be difficult as it would be hard to track where I was in the flight.

So, with the above in mind I began working on what I'm calling ARGILES (Avionics Retrofit upGrade for Instrument and Long Endurance Situations). What I've done is told the aircraft to recognize input from the standard fsx Garmin G500 and the Bendix King radio for now (both are emulated as shift popups). I would like to add some sort of an auto throttle too maybe as engine management in the BUFF is something I'm not yet used to (<10 hours in it so far).

Anyway I plan on having things ironed out and finalized by maybe this weekend. If not then, sometime soon after finals are finished. My hope is that anybody with the BUFF will be able to fly it more often and in more varied conditions once I'm finished. Oh, and here's a screenshot.
    Regards,
    -Gimpy
    When God finally says, "King, my office. Now!" I want to go barreling in there half spun out with holes in my clothes, smoke rising from me, and my hair in a mess. I want to be busy. I don't want to go explain myself and not have a great story to go along with it.
Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
Who has read this thread:
Working...
X