Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dafsim

I've been playing with the MSF DAFSIM server and I like it.

But everytime I join it nobody is there

So whenever I get a chance I will be testing my ATC skills and controlling on the MSF DAFSIM server and I invite my ATC allies to do the same.

This means we can give you an air traffic service no matter what version of FSX or P3D you are using, so everybody can join in.

If your mate uses XPLANE invite them too!

I have no idea if the DAFSIM server is here too stay or not but while its here make use of it and fly with your buddies that use a different sim to you.

Just my 2 pence worth.
    If you don't use BOINC or World Community Grid then you should!

i wouyld love it if the ports to 2002 and 2004 were opened too (fs8 and fs9) so others i know who don't have steam and ps3d and rarely fs X can join too to DAFsim if possible. otherwise it says there are no sessions and fails to connect to a session. So we can all fly together. just my two cents.

i have a few people who are interested in flying still and since gamespy dropped fs have no where to fly. i recommended them to here,m but so far they have not taken me up on joining you guys.

I am also in the process of working on three things to help my plight here, to better fly with you guys though, replacing fs9, fsx and maybe going for steam (three options) i know where to get it brand new surplus... Even though i am not connectred i still follow along in single player mode for group flights. So i am not totally out of the loop.

Nathaniel

Comment

Originally posted by ATC_ROO View Post
      I've been playing with the MSF DAFSIM server and I like it.

But everytime I join it nobody is there

So whenever I get a chance I will be testing my ATC skills and controlling on the MSF DAFSIM server and I invite my ATC allies to do the same.

This means we can give you an air traffic service no matter what version of FSX or P3D you are using, so everybody can join in.

If your mate uses XPLANE invite them too!

I have no idea if the DAFSIM server is here too stay or not but while its here make use of it and fly with your buddies that use a different sim to you.

Just my 2 pence worth.
      Roo,

Thanks for the feedback. The holdup rests on my shoulders. Ben from DAFSIM has offered to provide us with assistance via Skype. The main issue that we are having is a doozy (That's yank speak for big).

Under certain conditions some pilots are unable to see other pilots. The closest that we've gotten to consistently replicating the issue is placing more than 5 pilots in proximity to one another. Somehow even scenery can play a part in some performance issues.

My working theory at this point is that the bulk of the issue rests with the CPU strength of the web server. Right now it's running on a virtual machine through the msFlights.net web system. That idea has to be tested.

I really hope that I can get with Ben this week and make some progress. Keep your fingers crossed. I think that this system has the best chance of becoming our cross platform choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Nathaniel741 View Post
        i wouyld love it if the ports to 2002 and 2004 were opened too (fs8 and fs9) so others i know who don't have steam and ps3d and rarely fs X can join too to DAFsim if possible. otherwise it says there are no sessions and fails to connect to a session. So we can all fly together. just my two cents.

i have a few people who are interested in flying still and since gamespy dropped fs have no where to fly. i recommended them to here,m but so far they have not taken me up on joining you guys.

I am also in the process of working on three things to help my plight here, to better fly with you guys though, replacing fs9, fsx and maybe going for steam (three options) i know where to get it brand new surplus... Even though i am not connected i still follow along in single player mode for group flights. So i am not totally out of the loop.

Nathaniel

I don't know what we need to do on our end to facilitate allowing FS2002 and 2004 users. If you could find out for me that would be great. I can try to remember to look next week.

Comment

any new news on the progress?
          Greetings from Dale
          Sound 4-U! - A Tulsa based sound company that provides sound reinforcement and mobile recording services.

Comment

I too am very interested in progress. One reason I'm delaying any possible new group flight series is I'd want it to use either DAFSIM or an even better similar technology. Apart from the fact that we all fly together, whatever our favorite platform, there would never again be the pain of having to reset a server to a suitable time, season or weather for a group flight in some exotic part of the globe. There would be no need to coordinate with a "server guardian" way ahead of time to make those changes. Those who want to fly in daylight, or at sunset, or in perpetual Fall colors, or in thick snow, can always do so.

Comment

Yeah, Storm, and don't forget, we host the dafsim, so we allways know who is on, no trolls, no 5bucks junkies ect...
              CaseyRyback59/Andreas
              Staff Member
              VA-Manager

Comment

DAFSIM msFLIGHTS.net server continues to run on BigBox in Henderson 24/7. It is a stable server, unlike the Steam North American dedicated server on ATPJet server in Seattle, which continues to disconnect intermittantly without rhyme nor reason. DAFSIM server continues to run alongside whatever other dedicated server may occupy BigBox at that moment...P3Dv3, FSX classic special configuration, FSX Steam special configuration, VRS TacPack on either Steam or classic, FSX Blue Angles sanitized server, whatever the specific current community need may require. DAFSIM and such custom FSX derivative special configurations continue to be mutually compatible and have shown no indication of interference, one with the other.

DAFSIM server control continues to be available to any of our server support admins that have TeamViewer access to BigBox. Karl is defacto in charge of our DAFSIM development and efforts. Karl has shown me the few easy steps necessary to enroll a new DAFSIM pilot into the FLIGHTS.net DAFSIM database. This one time enrollment as well as obtaining and installing the DAFSIM client software appropriate to one's particular sim variant is all that is required client side to join the DAFSIM server.

I have heard from Karl a few days ago that Karl is attempting to contact Ben of DAFWings, author of the program, to solicit the server software for use by our community. Currently, BigBox DAFSIM is a kind of node on the main DAFSIM server. I urge Karl to update us on that request of Ben at DAFWings. If Kalo, owner of the msFLIGHTS.net DAFSIM license has any project status update, I'd love to read that here in thread.

Other than our control of the DAFSIM database that permits pilots to initially join a session, I don't know what behavioral controls are inherent in the software. I'd love such a tutorial. I read of command level parameters (arguments) in the command window displayed as "DAFSIM program" that mention "Blacklisted IP" and "online members" as well as 10 other available informations.

For the TeamViewer capable into BigBox, there is a folder in the middle of the Windows desktop labeled "dafsim". In that folder are the subfolders containing the required software. At the root level of this "dafsim" folder are two shortcuts to the .exe's necessary to invoke the DAFSIM server. They are called "1 Main DAFSIM program" and "2 DAFSIM User Interface". To invoke the DAFSIM server, run them in order and then click the "CONNECT" button on the "DGI: Dafnode Graphic Interface" control window. The server will start.
                Respects, Bob ...

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
                Who has read this thread:
                Working...
                X