Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is new here.

Name is Nathaniel... i am new to this server.

About me:

I am a long time Information Technology Major (26 years), and a former Navy Fireman Apprentice now Protected Veteran. I have a strong love and passion for writing, also an avid reader with a very large collection of books. I have many influences through the years (Pro Authors) and those influences have kept me writing and strong in literature for over 20 years. I have completed over fifty short stories, two novellas, two serials to my credit and dozens of articles. Most of my writing began for the High School and College Newspapers. It was a hobby at first but the fun and passion started in college where I found a small following of fans who believed in me...

(I am an author on top of other hobbies. soon to publish a novel here this coming year)

As for flight sim, I started back with FS 4.0 and never quit flying since I got it.. (who remembers CGA and dos 3.11) EEEK
    I am active in Flight-sim 2002/2004, with service as an active member of Westwind Virtual Airline (www.flywestwind.com) and I am a Sr. Command Captain +5 with 3500 hours of World wide flights after 10 years of service.

I have setup and flown over 25 Virtual airlines. (Civilian and Military) with my own VNASA in repainting and modification embedded in the VA. My interests are flight sim and aviation after my father who worked in the Aviation business for over 35 years creating simulation programs and full motion based systems. I took an active interest in aviation while i was young.

I also was working on my ground work for a while but it got too expensive to get my licence. But i was wanting to get an old ww2 cessna for cheap and fix it up for general flying. That fell through however... I got married instead. Wife said no... :-)

A warm welcome to you Nathaniel! :eagerness: What an interesting background you have. I hope to meet you in Teamspeak and fly with you shortly.

Comment

Cool!

Originally posted by Storm View Post
      A warm welcome to you Nathaniel! :eagerness: What an interesting background you have. I hope to meet you in Teamspeak and fly with you shortly.
      COOL!!! sound good.

Nathaniel

Comment

Someone asked for more. Well. My flight experience did start way back when in 4.0 fs. (for christmas) and i learned the in and out of the Cessna. But the fun did not really start until 1998 FS and 2000 where i got involved with Westwind VA. (2000) on my own computer. Here I was assigned to a Cat 1 aircraft but i went ahead and started flying the big babys (cat 3 and up) which was a Beechcraft 1900D aircraft. I didn't really take it seriously until it was interrupted over a management dispute between them and I. Where i was summarily dismissed from my post.

I took a break from Westwind after that for a while, starting a few Military VAS, (VUSAF, UAF, UAFMC, VAAF, and A couple of Civilian airlines). Then from there i set up my VNASA, which involved repainting, testing, modification and general maintenance of the models. It is here i learned the fine toothed comb of repainting and modification. I am very versed in repainting, able to repaint well, and modify craft to real world specs on any model.

I did that for many years until the NAVY in 2004, where i enlisted at 31. Serving 11 months until dismissed for a medical condition they found that MEPS (Military Entry,Physical,Screening) did not find.

I did VNASA up until 2012 up until my system broke and had to be replaced. (XP died) Win box is 64 bit so my old software doesn't work. (except on laptop) Is going to remedy that and replace software when i can and get back to repainting. or at least try to do it with PSP. I found it fun and interesting. (all repaints i did for SST swing wing concorde and chronos bus can be found flightsim.com) Plug in SST for search and scroll down (watch out... there is a V2... and a V3! V3 is the delta wing configuration one... that's not the one you want...) Features 50 liveries and included 4 9/11 memorial ones.

in 2005 i reenlisted with Westwind, (this time taking it very seriously), and few more cargo, more passengers than any newbie on record with many awards on file. I was assigned to a Beechcraft 1900D at my request, and posted to the KORD Hub (Chicago O'hare) where i pushed and worked very hard flying at every waking moment. I did that for 14 year at Chicago O'Hare, pushing to the Midwest region in midrange CAT 3 aircraft (Dash/ATR/DASH7 and Dornier 328s) as an expertise. I can fly larger craft such as 737 and up, I just prefer the mid range puddle-jumpers where i feel more utilized and challenged to be able to move the simulated populace. (My passion so to speak is the Dash, ATR and Dorniers.) But i also do fly the smaller craft too... remembering where i started and where it all began for me. (Prefering EMB-120/Beechcraft/Baron/King air as my primary smaller aircraft)

Here is an example of my service to Westwind. (All the years of it and hours too)

Pilot Recognition Awards
        Nathaniel Miller, Senior Command Captain +5, KSFO

2 Years of WestWind Service, 1/6/2007
        2,500 Hours, 2/6/2008
        5,000 Hours, 2/20/2009
        25 Hours in one Month, 7/20/2009 - 40.0 Flight hours logged in June 2009
        25 Hours in one Month, 8/14/2009 - 48.0 Flight hours logged in July 2009
        50 Hours in one month, 9/22/2009 - 90.0 Flight hours logged in August 2009
        50 Hours in one month, 1/2/2010 - 67.2 Flight hours logged in December 2009
        5 Years of WestWind Service, 1/5/2010
        100 Hours In Aircraft Type (GAZL), 2/26/2010
        7 Years of WestWind Service, 1/5/2012
        25 Hours in one Month, 6/16/2013 - 27.1 Flight hours logged in May 2013
        100 Hours In Aircraft Type (DHC6), 12/31/2013
        100 Hours in one month, 1/2/2014 - 110.0 Flight hours logged in December 2013
        100 Hours in one month, 2/5/2014 - 124.0 Flight hours logged in January 2014
        250 Hours In Aircraft Type (DHC6), 2/5/2014
        75 Hours in one month, 3/8/2014 - 80.0 Flight hours logged in February 2014
        75 Hours in one month, 4/1/2014 - 87.3 Flight hours logged in March 2014
        50 Hours in one month, 5/1/2014 - 51.6 Flight hours logged in April 2014
        500 Hours In Aircraft Type (DHC6), 5/9/2014
        100 Hours In Aircraft Type (B190), 6/3/2014
        75 Hours in one month, 6/3/2014 - 76.4 Flight hours logged in May 2014
        50 Hours in one month, 7/4/2014 - 64.0 Flight hours logged in June 2014
        10 Years of WestWind Service, 1/4/2015
        100 Hours In Aircraft Type (DH8D), 9/22/2015

Hope that helps.

N.A.M.
        Last edited by Nathaniel741; September 30, 2015, 09:09 AM.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
        Who has read this thread:
        Working...
        X