Idleline86

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doug will be laid to rest this coming Tuesday. I will arrange the memorial fight to take place shortly after, and will post the details separately soon. I have relayed your kind words and thoughts to his family.

Comment

Storm, thank you for communicating this to us and the replies to Doug's family.
      I hope that as they mourn their loss, as do we, they take some solace in knowing how many of us are fortunate enough to carry the experiences, stories, and character that Doug shared.
      Take the time, a second to soar; for soon after, beckons a second more.

Comment

I would like to propose to meet up in ED after the group flight to give him a 21 gun solute and hang around sharing times we had with him if that is ok with you Storm?

Comment

I am very sorry to hear this. I will try and make the memorial flight even though my main computer is boxed up.
          [img]http://www.msflights.net/pilots/phpvms/lib/signatures/MSF0027.png[/img]

Comment

I've been given permission* by his daughter to share Doug's obituary with you all. There is also a touching video.

If you wish to switch off the piano music that plays on the website, there's a "Stop Music" button midway down the left-hand margin.

*I sought permission because there is personal information included, but she said it's OK as it's already a matter of public record.

Comment

If you need the Easy Money paint the link in the vault is down so you can get it from my google drive. you do need to have the payware CH-47 from Nemeth Designs/Milviz.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8p...ew?usp=sharing
              Oz Flyer.
              David.
              VA Operations Manager.
              SPAD.neXt Beta tester.
              FIPGauges.com Beta tester.

Got a question about the Virtual Airline? Please post in the VA forum or send me a private message.

Comment

I first met Doug online in a flight simulation game called MSFlight. I really didn't have any flying skills worth noting, but that didn't bother Doug or his good friend Storm. His kindness and personal generosity of spirit allowed me to be accepted within their sphere of friendship, and I will always be grateful for it. We all shared many hours of enjoyment, mostly talking about the things we cared about, and sometimes actually "flying" in FSX. I will miss this gentle and humble friend, and wish the best to his family.

-Coast
                "Having fun with friends! "

Comment

:sorrow:

I'm deeply saddened by Doug's passing.

My heart goes out to his family. May you rest in peace in God's arms, Doug. You will be missed.
                  Greetings from Dale
                  Sound 4-U! - A Tulsa based sound company that provides sound reinforcement and mobile recording services.

Comment

Truly saddened by Doug's passing, I've also lost two other people who are in my family or have connections with it. This week has been very hard. MY condolences.
                    When you put me and Superman Together, it's called a Superbug

Watch me on YouTube @ [URL="https://www.youtube.com/user/bug9224"]https://www.youtube.com/user/bug9224[/URL]

Comment

Thank you Doug for the humor and experience you brought to msFlights.net! May your family be blessed during this time of loss.

Comment

Saw on Facebook Doug had passed away, was a great guy, a blast to fly with. Will be a great loss for everyone. Always see a few pictures of a few flights we did and thought I'd post them.

Comment

such sad news. Doug Was not only a lovely guy but also a valuable member of our corner of the internet He will be sorely missed by all that knew him my thoughts and prayers are with his family.
                          RIP Doug.
                          sigpic

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
                          Who has read this thread:
                          Working...
                          X