Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FSX-MP Invited us to a landing competition tomorrow.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FSX-MP Invited us to a landing competition tomorrow.

We're having a Virtual Landing Competition Saturday August 22nd, from 7:00 - 9:00 PM Eastern Time
    Best of all, the Winner gets a prize of Free Software courteously donated to us by FSFX Packages!

Please spawn into the teamspeak server and flight simulator about 15 minutes prior to event start for a pre-competition briefing and socialization time between other communities.

Please Note, Due to a delay in obtaining an FSx-MP Teamspeak Licence, we will use the Eastern Hops Backup Teamspeak Server for the event.
    Please use the following as the Teamspeak 3 Server Addresss: touchdown.ts3.services

Communities CONFIRMED: FSx-MP; EasternHops;MSFlights INVITED: BVARTCC; All others who would like to attend!

Basic Layout:
    The competition will be hosted at KPAE: Snohomish County (Paine Field) Airport. This is where the Boeing Aircraft corporation builds a majority of their aircraft!
    Contestants will fly any FSX Default, Propeller Driven Fixed Wing Aircraft with Landing Gear around the pattern, following ATC instructions.
    Landings will be of SPOT Type, meaning judges will be positioned to watch contestants touch down at a pre-determined point on the runway, with the aircraft in an "imminent stall" attitude. Whoever touches down closest to that point will WIN
    Imminent stall attitude is generally defined as an attitude at which any greater angle of attack on the aircraft wing will result in a stall.

Disqualifications will result from aircraft: landing outside of the runway surface, forcing the aircraft onto the runway, tail strikes, et-cetera.
    Multiple judges will be observing each landing to help eliminate glitch issues. However, ATC may relay to aircraft requests from judges to have competitors re-spawn if a glitch is occurring. Re-spawns at judge or ATC request will be given operational priority by ATC on their next entry.

Each contestant will have two entries (or three time permitting) prior to entering an elimination type bracket between the top 6-10 contestants.
    Changes to the competition format will be posted here without other notification. Within 30 minutes of event start, any last minute adjustments will be relayed via voice over teamspeak or FSX communications.

*NOTE* MOST UPDATED INFORMATION ON THE FSX-MP WEBSITEhttp://www.fsx-mp.com/
    [IMG]http://www.vrsimulations.com/images/sigbanners/vrs_supporter.png[/IMG]

Thanks, Panther. We're always happy to receive an invite to multi community events like this and the iconic cross community flights. I understand that Ben at FSx-MP sent msFLIGHTS.net an email invite to this landing competition some time ago. I have no idea what happened to that invite document. I'm only finding out about that invite this night or I would have taken care of it when I knew about being invited.

I'll try to make the landing competition and I'm looking forward to seeing old friends from EasternHops and FSx-MP Saturday evening.
    Respects, Bob ...

Comment

No problem Bob!
      [IMG]http://www.vrsimulations.com/images/sigbanners/vrs_supporter.png[/IMG]

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
      Who has read this thread:
      Working...
      X