Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about deletion.

Hi everyone; well, this is an old man here, so pleae take it easy for such a stupid question.

I was quick active back in early 2000 in sim community, and had developed several software that were quite popular.

Recenly I thought I might want to recreate one of those software, and had posted a thread in this forum generally introducing myself and a link to my YouTube video showing off that old software.

To be honest, I also made the very similar to couple of other forums. In every other forum, it was met with positive responses, where some actually remembered me from 16 years ago.

This is the only forum where the topic got deleted.

I'm just curious. If you are into Microsoft Flight Simulator, and was active in 2004, you must have heard of my software as it won gold award from FlightSim; This should be interesting to us, right?

Was it my link?

regards

Rana Hossain
    Author of FlightSim Manager

Our apologies, Mr. Hossain, but because of historic necessity to maintain a tight security protecting our facilities against hacks and viruses and because of difficulty in maintaining equitable order in the presentation of any form of perceived advertising, we have chosen to follow a policy that prohibits all forms of advertising. The only exception to this prohibition against advertising in our forum and on our Discord channel is that community sponsored advertising contract we have instituted with a third party, appearing at the bottom of our website homepage, who's income supports the remote hosting of some of our facilities.

If we can further explain the cause of your post's deletion, please do not hesitate to reply to me directly with a community forum personal message, reply to my explanation here in this current thread or email me personally at RSDunn at yahoo.com.

Even as I am not familiar with your work, I do believe I've heard of FlightSim Manager in the distant past. This community has been in existence since 2012.

Thank you for your understanding,

ROBERT DUNN 2
    msFLIGHTS.net staff member
    Respects, Bob ...

Comment

Originally posted by ROBERT DUNN 2 View Post
      Our apologies, Mr. Hossain, but because of historic necessity to maintain a tight security protecting our facilities against hacks and viruses and because of difficulty in maintaining equitable order in the presentation of any form of perceived advertising, we have chosen to follow a policy that prohibits all forms of advertising. The only exception to this prohibition against advertising in our forum and on our Discord channel is that community sponsored advertising contract we have instituted with a third party, appearing at the bottom of our website homepage, who's income supports the remote hosting of some of our facilities.

If we can further explain the cause of your post's deletion, please do not hesitate to reply to me directly with a community forum personal message, reply to my explanation here in this current thread or email me personally at RSDunn at yahoo.com.

Even as I am not familiar with your work, I do believe I've heard of FlightSim Manager in the distant past. This community has been in existence since 2012.

Thank you for your understanding,

ROBERT DUNN 2
      msFLIGHTS.net staff member
      Thank you Bob for explaining; it is advertisement in a way, as I am trying to see if enough people wants to see FlightSim Manager again in current OS and different flight simulator, I was hoping that from the forum they would be visiting youTube video explaining the software a bit more. I also have couple of other videos explaining specific parts of the manager, like the install wizard, tweaking options, diagnostic and so on; if they were still interested, I was hoping they would follow the Kickstarter link.

Understanding the forum rules, I humbly ask if it's okay for me to have a link to the introductory video: well, I should really say a historic video. There was a flight sim I used to play; damn... that was a long long time ago: back in 1997. I think it was called Flight Unlimited; now, imagine someone did a video playing that old game, and uploaded it to this channel. Would that be against the rule?

Again, this reply is with full respect; not trying to antagonise anyone in any way.

Thanks again.
      Rana Hossain

Comment

Originally posted by RanaHossain View Post

Understanding the forum rules, I humbly ask if it's okay for me to have a link to the introductory video: well, I should really say a historic video. There was a flight sim I used to play; damn... that was a long long time ago: back in 1997. I think it was called Flight Unlimited; now, imagine someone did a video playing that old game, and uploaded it to this channel. Would that be against the rule?
        We always welcome contributions from all members of the flight sim community. The only reasons you previous post caught our attention was it being a post from a new member to the web site and the apparent advertising nature of the post. I hope you will understand we get spam posts on a fairly regular basis

But please feel free to post the link to you historical video. Many of us have been flying PC planes for quite some time. I'm sure we would all get a kick out it.

Comment

Mr. Hossain, I will agree with our active staff member, Karl, in approving such a link in an introductory post. Please forgive me for my tardiness in further reply to your above guidelines question in this thread. I have been working on a gathering of consensus from our members about your latest link posting proposal. Altho I have heard differences of opinion on this subject among our staff, and with Karl's post of agreement and permission, I'll add my voice and vote in approval.

One thing that immediately caught the eye of several members was your Kickstarter efforts. Even as we now welcome you to post a link in an introductory post of yourself to a YouTube offering you author, please refrain from any Kickstarter solicitation in that introductory post or any other posts you may see fit to make here in our forum or our Discord. You are, of course, welcome to solicit interest in a Kickstarter endeavor or present any other subject within your own YouTube video.

Thank you for your patience in our deliberation of your request(s) and thank you to Karl for his post # 4. If any member disagrees with what they may read in this thread in general principle or in application of specific instance, please feel free to contact either Karl or I, DM on the forum or, more publicly, with a post in this thread germane to this advertising definition topic.
          Respects, Bob ...

Comment

Originally posted by ROBERT DUNN 2 View Post
            Mr. Hossain, I will agree with our active staff member, Karl, in approving such a link in an introductory post. Please forgive me for my tardiness in further reply to your above guidelines question in this thread. I have been working on a gathering of consensus from our members about your latest link posting proposal. Altho I have heard differences of opinion on this subject among our staff, and with Karl's post of agreement and permission, I'll add my voice and vote in approval.

One thing that immediately caught the eye of several members was your Kickstarter efforts. Even as we now welcome you to post a link in an introductory post of yourself to a YouTube offering you author, please refrain from any Kickstarter solicitation in that introductory post or any other posts you may see fit to make here in our forum or our Discord. You are, of course, welcome to solicit interest in a Kickstarter endeavor or present any other subject within your own YouTube video.

Thank you for your patience in our deliberation of your request(s) and thank you to Karl for his post # 4. If any member disagrees with what they may read in this thread in general principle or in application of specific instance, please feel free to contact either Karl or I, DM on the forum or, more publicly, with a post in this thread germane to this advertising definition topic.
            Hi Bob, first: it's Rana; I'm old enough as it is I completely agree with your view on refraining from kickstarter solicitation; Again I will blame my old age, as I was almost sure that I tried to stay away from it. To me it makes a lot more sense when people interested would see the actual video first, and then and only then follow up if interested.

Thank you once again. Here is the intro video (2:40m);

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWBciqmYjEM

Safe flying everyone during this troubled time.

Comment

Originally posted by RanaHossain View Post

Thank you once again. Here is the intro video (2:40m);

I do remember using this back in the day!

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
              Who has read this thread:
              Working...
              X