Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Novawing24 View Post
    I'm conducting a brief survey to see what you all think in the wake of the announcement !

https://tinyurl.com/N24MSFS07
    I had forgotten about this. I just put up a similar poll on the main page. We should compare results next week.

Comment

Credit card billing phase has started for pre-orders as of this post's timestamp, I read on the web. I, myself, have not pre-ordered but I intend to purchase the top end FSXX version upon actual release, probably thru Steam. I understand that beta testers' installations will remain active for further feature evaluation beta testing even after the commercial release August 18th.
      Respects, Bob ...

Comment

First Products Announced for Microsoft Flight Simulator - From Orbx, today, Aug. 9th.

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/...ht-simulator/#

QUOTE from Orbx linked announcement:

To support the new platform, we will be releasing several products available at, or shortly after, launch. During the launch window, new products will be available for purchase at competitive pricing levels, ranging from US$7.99 to US$19.99 through both OrbxDirect and the Microsoft FlightSim Marketplace.

We are also happy to confirm that current owners of Orbx products running on FSX, Prepar3D, X-Plane and Aerofly FS 2 that are launched for Microsoft Flight Simulator will receive a 40% discount. As ownership needs to be validated, this discount can only be applied via purchases from OrbxDirect.
        Respects, Bob ...

Comment

The Orbx stuff looks great. One nice thing is with London City there was the video by Squirrel where he did the night VFR flight to there, so you can get a bit of a comparison. More for my bank account to bear...
          - Michael
          Check out my cockpit build!

Comment

I have mixed opinions about Orbx. I have heard bad things in the past, and yes they over charge(my assumption), but they do give back and sponsor things like FS Expo. Also, as money grabbing they can be, they did help keep the simulation world alive and updated, even if it was just through management of and quality control of scenery and distribution. So good to see them not die off, but I do think most people (including myself) will enjoy the new sim for some time before finding the need to... do I dare say... "tweak" it?

I am planning(on release) to buy the highest tier MFS offered. Do I need these extras, probably not, but the airports, and a select few aircraft, are what make it worth it. As expected, they have obviously done more work in this sim than previous ones. This may be unfair due to the technology restrictions. But level of detail is much better overall. From what I have seen online... Thing's are not perfect, and I think on release, we will likely see bugs and a community lashing to the MFS Asobo team, but they have been listening to us for years, so I think they know it is coming anyway(on little details). But it is looking like the future, and honestly, I am ready for the... most interesting X-plane owner to compete and keep them working hard!

I think one thing to be thankful for, a real light at the end of a dark tunnel. Flight sim has been a slow crawl, and I am almost certain our crashes and issues wont fully go away with this one, at least not for a while, BUT, I think this is like the launch of FSX, but better. The beginning of a new Saga. Something people can play with hardware that is available(unlike FSX). Sure many people will need to upgrade running 5+ years old computers, but many high end systems of that era may be okay to run. And you can't beat the openness they have been giving to the community. They have been letting youtubers publish flaws and whatever they like. Many (know before you buy) videos. Even on MFS official site, you can find out what you are buying with each tier.

Well, I know things will not be perfect, but I am excited, and I know things during my upcoming group flight(Shameless plug here) will not be perfect. But I think we will all enjoy it from what I have seen, even if there are flaws. So come on by the first weekend after launch (22nd Aug) and put your rig through some new flight sim testing. Hope to see anyone and everyone there!

Comment

I recently saw a familiar name in the membership listing on the FSXX beta tester insider forum... akfouronesix. I hope this is accurate. The avatar image looks familiar.
              Respects, Bob ...

Comment

Originally posted by ROBERT DUNN 2 View Post
                I recently saw a familiar name in the membership listing on the FSXX beta tester insider forum... akfouronesix. I hope this is accurate. The avatar image looks familiar.
                Yep, I had an invite to the beta sitting in my Junk folder for nearly 2 weeks.. I stopped checking that email a while ago, and its a secondary Microsoft account, not my main one.

My thoughts echo those of Travis, especially after spending most of the day yesterday with the beta (though thankfully I have had 0 crashes thus far). The Orbx POI's are exactly the kind of addons I am interested in, but I also think we'll see a lot of freeware in the same vein so I will likely hold off for now.

Less then a week to go now, starting to get excited!
                Facebook: www.facebook.com/msflights
                Steam Group:
                http://steamcommunity.com/groups/msflights
                YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MSFlightsMedia

Comment

I read in the testers' forum that beta testing opportunity will continue after August 18th. New Asobo team clarifications sounds like continued tester participation will necessitate an uninstall of the current 1.6.13 beta build (which will deactivate upon commercial release). Then a purchased license must be installed, followed by another separate testing variation install. The current tester NDA will remain in full effect for the testers' installation and that may mean continued watermarks. Because of recent NDA violations on social media, the watermarks doubled in quantity with the last beta release and the watermarks make night flying unacceptable (to me).

Microsoft-Asobo could ask for no better nor more experienced Steam ecosystem FSXX tester than you, ak. I intend to continue on as a beta tester even after I purchase a commercial license. Kalo has expressed interest to me in volunteering our community to Microsoft-Asobo post-release as continued testers of the multiplayer aspects of FSXX. Our community has a history as such beta testers for various Dovetail flight simulator efforts.

ak, in your correspondence with me it sounds like you went whole hog on simulator hardware lately. TrackIR is slated to work at launch of FSXX. ak, when you mentioned your aquisition of Warthog HOTAS, what did you mean? Just the Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog throttle quadrant ? I know you said you bought a high end joystick proviously, Galaxy someting.
                  Respects, Bob ...

Comment

Kalo tells me in PM that Kalo also had an FSXX beta tester invite hidden in his OutLook spam folder for weeks, just like in ak's case. Sounds to me now that all you beta tester applicants should review the email you applied for tester with for a possible acceptance notice from Microsoft. Kalo is the second case where an invite sat, unnoticed since July 27th, in a spam folder.
                    Respects, Bob ...

Comment

Originally posted by ROBERT DUNN 2 View Post
                      ak, in your correspondence with me it sounds like you went whole hog on simulator hardware lately. TrackIR is slated to work at launch of FSXX. ak, when you mentioned your aquisition of Warthog HOTAS, what did you mean? Just the Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog throttle quadrant ? I know you said you bought a high end joystick proviously, Galaxy someting.
                      I recently bought the VKB Gladiator MK2, it was a joystick that I was very interested and one of the only in stock at the time. It is an excellent joystick. I had been checking Amazon and other retailers regularly for the Warthog Throttle Quadrant, and I came across a good deal on the complete Warthog HOTAS bundle. It was about $200 cheaper than other retailers were offering, new from Amazon, so I grabbed one of the 2 left in stock. I really want a split throttle and it's my only option. VKB does not offer a throttle currently and the VIRPIL throttle alone is about the same price as I got the full Warthog set for, not including VAT, shipping and import fees. The Mirage 2000, L39 and F86 have been calling my name in DCS for a while now so it's not just for FSXX exclusively.

Glad to see Kalo also got access, annoying though that Microsoft's own emails are going straight into the junk folder on their own service.
                      Facebook: www.facebook.com/msflights
                      Steam Group:
                      http://steamcommunity.com/groups/msflights
                      YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MSFlightsMedia

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
                      Who has read this thread:
                      Working...
                      X