Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Group Flights and Twitch

We have discussed recording our group flights in the past. Opposition has been mentioned by some that they didn't want their voices recorded. I don't know how prevalent that is but I think I have thought of a work around to accommodate these members. If I choose to record a group flight, I can simply run Discord on my laptop in addition to the recording PC. On the recording PC I can simply mute whoever does not want their voice recorded.

All this might be more hassle than it's worth but I wanted to shoot the idea across and get some feedback before I try this out.

I can't see a problem in this accommodation of all personal recording preferences.
    Respects, Bob ...

Comment

I think this may be a good idea for attracting people to msflights. If wacky topics are talked about during the group flight such as politics and religion(which are avoided anyway but very rarely sometimes do happen), I would think it would be best not to make it so it is viewable again, such as posted on youtube and able to playback. I know live videos that are recorded can be disabled after so this should be easy to do if it is ever necessary.
      I'm in favor.

Comment

Yeah agreed - you could even have a Star Wars crawl at the start.. EPISODE XII On a small blue planet pretty close by, etc etc, disclaimer blah blah blah,.. join us!

Comment

A very simple but effective solution to the potential problem of recording and publishing the audio/video content of any group flight already exists (and may have already been used by many) .... don't participate in the group flight!

We have recorded and published a few group flights (audio and video) in the past without any problems. but we let everyone know that we will be doing so before we start. Muting non participants while technically possible seems unnecessary since those who object would probably just avoid that group flight.

The larger question are we doing something here that would discourage group flight participation?

-Coast
          "Having fun with friends! "

Comment

Originally posted by Coast View Post

The larger question are we doing something here that would discourage group flight participation?

-Coast
            Good question Coast. Dunno.

Comment

Originally posted by Coast View Post
              Muting non participants while technically possible seems unnecessary since those who object would probably just avoid that group flight.
              That's my plan.
              Happy landings,
              Lazer

Please visit my Onedrive here:

Comment

I have broadcast / recorded and published several group flights in the past and always had a simple notice in the Flight information post of "this will be broadcast, if you do not wish to have your voice / flying broadcast do not join"

Worked for me and everyone was happy.

In answer to Coasts questions, I don't think it would serve to dissuade anyone from joining or not, in fact I find the idea of taking part in something that is recorded often spurred additional people to join the flight.

Safe Skies

Novawing24
                Per Ardua Ad Astra

Check out my videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/Novawing24
                Join me on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/Novawing24
                Follow me on Twitter! https://twitter.com/novawing24
                Official Novawing24 website! http://www.novawing24.com
                My Onedrive! http://tinyurl.com/novawing24-onedrive

Comment

I think it's a good idea and would probably bring in some new people. A decent amount of people watch FSX on twitch (about 400 at the time of this post). I wouldn't mind being broadcasted and I'm not sure why anyone would...anyone watching Twitch could just as easily join our Discord. By default I don't think Twitch streams are recorded for later playback (although larger streamers do have this option).

Comment

I don't think I was clear about one point in my original post. I was not thinking of broadcast or recording every group flight or even a lot. Just some from time to time.

Comment

No objection here... Rather, i think its a great idea. Those of us that attended the expo seemed happy to help the Drews with their own documentaries, and giving ourselves a little more "screen time" may go towards helping our cause (flight simming in general). Not sure why anyone wouldn't want to partipate... I look and sound like a goof-ball, but have no regrets about 'going live'. And to underscore Coasts comment, "Dont wanna be broadcast? Dont join". No offense meant to any reading this.

Comment

I myself have no problem with this.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
                        Who has read this thread:
                        Working...
                        X