X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ROBERT DUNN 2
    replied
    Thanks, Kalo, for the Win update caution. I will benefit from your experience shared in your post here. I'm hesitant to change anything on my fully functional simming computer here. I am due to move into an additional house here in Henderson, new construction, new Cox data trunks, Amazon "smart home" stuff, new networking hardware on my end including DOCSIS 3.1 (gigabit) cable modem, the list goes on and on. I need stability here at the current address (which we are keeping) until I assure functionality at the new place.

Leave a comment:

• Kalo
    replied
    Thanks for the help guys, I got it fixed. I read that anti virus was causing it for some people, which I don't have installed yet but I decided to disable Windows Defender and this fixed the problem! I re-enabled it and it seems to still be working. Also Bob, I have the latest windows updates so if you do make that update it's possible you might run into this problem as well.

Leave a comment:

• Kalo
    replied
    Thanks Storm, I'm actually running on a SSD with a pretty capable computer, I'll monitor the task manager next time. Thanks Bob I appreciate your efforts!

Leave a comment:

• ROBERT DUNN 2
    replied
    I attempted to duplicate stutters with many combinations of circumstances during Lazer's Saturday night flight. Using several Carenado aircraft and P3D4, I was unable to replicate an occurrence of stutters upon touchdown.

Leave a comment:

• Storm
    replied
    It sounds to me like this is to do with the dynamic loading of (a) large file(s) that are not cached because of infrequent use. If you installed that on spin disk, you might consider defragmenting that disk. If that makes no difference, you may try reinstalling on SSD. You can get further evidence towards supporting this hypothesis by examining the task manager performance graphs durung flight and seeing if there is a substanial disk access spike at touchdown coincident with the stutter.

Leave a comment:

• Kalo
    replied
    Thanks Karl, I submitted a ticket to them last night. It's strange I noticed it only stutters on the first touchdown, ones after that are smooth. If you happen to use slew mode it will also then stutter on the next touchdown.

Leave a comment:

• Karl
    replied
    If it is occurring exclusively with Carenado aircraft you should try contacting their support as well as leaving a message on their forums.

Leave a comment:

• Kalo
    replied
    Thanks Bob, it also stutters with the default A36 in P3D which is made by Carenado. Apparently some people have this issue in FSX as well.

It appears it is sound related, if I push Q to mute the sound it does not stutter. Since renaming fx_skidmark.fx did not help it must be using another sound file on touchdown.

Leave a comment:

• ROBERT DUNN 2
    replied
    I'll be glad to attempt to replicate your perceived stutter tonight during Lazer's movie flight. I have P3D4, fairly virgin install (still), some limited Carenado aircraft installed, Windows 10, build 16299 minus "Spring Creator's Update" (or whatever they're calling it), SLI'd Nvidia 1080s, i7-7700K CPU. If you can join us on movie night, I'll discuss my results with you live, otherwise I'll post results here late tonight.

I have noticed my P3D generates two to three bounces when that tactical approach so popular in our group flights is attempted, 'specially when landing heavy.

Leave a comment:

• Kalo
    started a topic P3D slight stutter/pause on touchdown

P3D slight stutter/pause on touchdown

Has anyone had a slight stutter in P3D whenever you touchdown? It seems to happen right when the wheels touch. I read somewhere that renaming fx_skidmark.fx in the effects folder to turn it off helped some people, but it still stutters for me. So far it has only been happening in Carenado aircraft. I re-installed windows the other day so everything is a fresh install...latest versions of everything..I'm surprised because this was not happening before my re-install.
Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
Who has read this thread:
Working...
X