Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

‘FlyInside FSX’ VR Plugin for Microsoft Flight Simulator X Passes Kickstarter Goal in First Week

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ‘FlyInside FSX’ VR Plugin for Microsoft Flight Simulator X Passes Kickstarter Goal in First Week

Fly inside FSX VR plugin passes kickstarter goal in first week

One step closer to VR for FSX? This maybe the next must have plug-in for FSX.

I've tried his DCOC in Prepar3d. The problem is honestly framerate. Unless you get the framerate high enough it's hard. I've heard the production version Oculus is recommending 90 FPS... per eye... 180 FPS on a 2d monitor. Even 75 FPS on DK2 is impossible for most FSX rigs with settings higher than the bottom. The game really needs to be designed with that in mind, a retrofit to FSX would never be optimal and may cause headaches.

And you better hope you can map every command you need to a joystick. It is really cool and immersive, but with so many controls for a complex aircraft it becomes difficult. A simple aircraft would be easier to keep a full HOTAS experience that works.
    - Michael
    Check out my cockpit build!

Comment

I didnt know about the framerate or even think about the framerate per eye. I could see how this would cause a problem. Im still hoping this makes enough of an impression on developers that future sim's will try and include some system like this. I would hate to see this kinda idea fail like all the 3D and VR systems in the past. FSX being 32 bit doesn't help either.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
      Who has read this thread:
      Working...
      X