Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our recent issues with the XPlane update

There might be some useful information in this link. I will be looking at it in more detail later today....

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php...1110-released/

Thank you Karl. However, I seem to have fixed it (largely) anyway. What I did was this. I archived and removed all freeware aircraft, took a (handwritten) note of my joystick and quadrant button settings and archived and removed my Desktop\X-Plane 11\Output\preferences folder, restarted X-Plane 11.10 and set it all up from scratch - which didn't take too long, even including re-calibration. I'm adding freeware planes slowly, one at a time. Worked very well for the entire 12½ hour Iron Man flight.

Comment

Thanks Storm. The first suggestion in the thread had to with the pref files. I figured when I sat down to look at it I would start there.

Comment

Seems all fixed here. I copied all of the "prf" files into another folder & started XPlane. It rebuilt the prf files. I then shut XPlane down and moved the original "X-Plane Joystick Settings.prf" back into the "...\X-Plane 11\Output\preferences" so that I didn't have to reset all of my buttons/switches.

The only issue that I am seeing now is the pointer not changing over click spots. I'll evaluate that after dinner.

Comment

Good news.

Originally posted by Karl View Post
          The only issue that I am seeing now is the pointer not changing over click spots. I'll evaluate that after dinner.
          This is an occasional minor problem, that was common to previous version 11.xx releases, that just hasn’t been fixed yet. It happens part way through a flight or series of flights for no discernible reason. My guess is it’s way down their list of priorities to fix. The workaround is simply to restart X-Plane. If you rely on the pointer changing to show you click points, you can always go to to View>Show Instrument Click Regions, though that won’t indicate what kind of region it is or how to manipulate it (besides looking awful!).

Comment

I just did a quick flight in one of the planes that was causing an issue earlier. The issue wasn't seen this time. My concern earlier was that I saw it on several aircraft during a few different sessions. Hopefully after re-doing the PRF files it will go back to being an occasional nuisance.

Comment

Something I've just found out... FMS flight plans are now in a different format to older versions of X-Plane. The file header is incompatible. New format flight plans may even crash older X-Planes (according to Alexander Barthel, creator of Little Navmap). As a result, and for this week only, I have published the Chopper Tuesday flight plan in both formats, old and new.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
              Who has read this thread:
              Working...
              X