Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• update your avatar!

Hey guys, new website is up, let me know if you have any suggestions for colors and or layout. Also please update your avatars, max size is 200x200.

Mornin' Kalo, looks pretty good, my first suggestion: On my first start to the site , it was a lil bit hard to see the Login section. Can u make it bigger or maybe with a colour???
    CaseyRyback59/Andreas
    Staff Member
    VA-Manager

Comment

Thanks Kalo! First observations.
      1. Your avatar instructions say 80x80 max not 200x200 when you try to update.
      2. I miss the two options we had from the front page summary, namely we could click on a post's title to go to the opening post and on the little triangle to go to the post that's summarized. Now we only go to the last post. (This is also the case when viewing the forums. I would like a return to being able to choose between thread start and last post. After all, if I'm new to the thread, I want to read it from the start.)
      3. I seem to have to login every time. It doesn't remember I was here a few minutes ago. Good for security but bad for convenience.
      4. Editing and post construction is harder. How do I turn off auto image expansion when I'm editing a post without losing full editing functionality? I don't want WYSIWYG. I just want to see the BBcode, not the images, but if I toggle the "Source" button in the advanced editor, it grays-out all the buttons that I need. (Plus it adds fancy text I don't need.)
      5. Further to point 2... how can I switch off the annoying scroll from thread page start to last post when I view a reply from the front page summary? I just want to go to the last post (or thread start) as before.
      Last edited by Storm; October 22, 2017, 07:57 AM.

Comment

Thanks Kalo for the new look website, looks great!

Comment

Thanks, Kalo. Looks really good. The only thing I noticed is that Discord doesn't show on the home page.

Comment

Thanks guys! I made the login header a little bit darker so it should be able more noticeable. Also 200x200 avatar size will now work, sorry about that (If you update to 200x200 your picture will appear a bit bigger on your profile page.

Originally posted by Storm View Post
            Thanks Kalo! First observations.
            1. Your avatar instructions say 80x80 max not 200x200 when you try to update.200x200 works now

2. I miss the two options we had from the front page summary, namely we could click on a post's title to go to the opening post and on the little triangle to go to the post that's summarized. Now we only go to the last post. (This is also the case when viewing the forums. I would like a return to being able to choose between thread start and last post. After all, if I'm new to the thread, I want to read it from the start.) Ill check into this, there is an "alternate" activity stream you could try, if has more options like you are talking about, but the biggest drawback is it only shows the last reply to a topic instead of showing all replies to that topic. This can be good or bad, I'm not sure if I like it yet. One nice thing about it as that one topic does not clog the activity stream, you can see 5 of the latest threads in a small amount of space. To try it click the Forums tab, then click Latest Activity above the forum display. If we like this format better I can give that Activity Stream a dedicated page, or replace the one on the home page with it.

3. I seem to have to login every time. It doesn't remember I was here a few minutes ago. Good for security but bad for convenience. Does this happen even after you check the remember me box?
            4. Editing and post construction is harder. How do I turn off auto image expansion when I'm editing a post without losing full editing functionality? I don't want WYSIWYG. I just want to see the BBcode, not the images, but if I toggle the "Source" button in the advanced editor, it grays-out all the buttons that I need. (Plus it adds fancy text I don't need.) Ill see if I can find a better text editor
            5. Further to point 2... how can I switch off the annoying scroll from thread page start to last post when I view a reply from the front page summary? I just want to go to the last post (or thread start) as before. Not sure if this is possible I will check it out

Comment

Thanks Kalo. Looks great!

Comment

Looks like the logging in requirement is phantom though there is a problem. After logging in, the bar at the top is still saying that I need to login or sign up. But if I try to login it says I already am. So the problem is that the top bar doesn’t update immediately, though it does eventually.

Comment

The day cursor on the calendar does not take account of time zone, even though the calendar event entries themselves do. For example, it is 10:45 pm on Sunday as I write this, but Monday is highlighted on the calendar, presumably because in Zulu time it is 0445 Monday. Yet the events show a 7pm start, which is correct for Mountain time.

Here's an oddity about logging in... On one browser tab I am logged in writing this. Opening a new tab on the same browser (Chrome) and going to https://msflights.net/forum/ I am no longer logged in. So I'm logged in on one tab and not the other at the same time! On the new tab, because it doesn't know who I am, the calendar event I've just posted is listed on the home page showing Zulu time and date (Wednesday 0100 hrs) instead of my local (Tuesday 7pm). BUT if I click the Calendar button on the home page on the tew tab, it suddenly logs me in on that tab and gets everything right again! :/

Comment

How can I see the list of people who have viewed the thread? This was an important and useful feature before.

Comment

I don't enjoy the forums page not having boarders. Not as easy to find sections like before.
                      https://www.msflights.net/forum/topics

Also, the orange bar under our avatar names is new and maybe shouldn't be there.

Comment

Added a mod that shows the avatar of who has viewed threads to the bottom of each page (I couldn't get it to just show usernames). Storm, I haven't been able to duplicate the login problems you are having. If your using Firefox maybe refreshing it would help. Settings>Help Menu icon>Troubleshooting Information> then click refresh. Also I'll see if I could put borders around the forum topics.

Comment

ROBERT DUNN 2 liked Kalo's post #12 above. I don't see an obvious way to indicate my appreciation for Kalo's editorial and administrative actions other than in a reply message such as this. The like button does correctly tally my like but anonymously. The avatars at the bottom of members who have viewed a thread will display that avatar's gamertag and apparently the day (if not date) of viewing when cursor hovers.
                          Respects, Bob ...

Comment

Originally posted by Kalo View Post
                            Added a mod that shows the avatar of who has viewed threads to the bottom of each page (I couldn't get it to just show usernames). Storm, I haven't been able to duplicate the login problems you are having. If your using Firefox maybe refreshing it would help. Settings>Help Menu icon>Troubleshooting Information> then click refresh. Also I'll see if I could put borders around the forum topics.
                            Thanks for the icons. To reproduce the login problem while already logged in (on any browser, e.g. Chrome, Firefox, Safari...), open a new tab and enter the address https://msflights.net/forum/ which is the one I've been using. That particular address does not seem to reference login cookies and you will not be shown as logged in. However, then clicking on the msFLIGHTS.net banner (or any link) will cause the cookie to be checked and my avatar appears top right, confirming I'm logged in. Note that refreshing the page is insufficient by itself to check the cookie and still shows as logged out until a link is clicked.

Comment

Hmm, for me it stays logged in, even when opening a new tab. Maybe it has to do with being an admin? Also, have you had a chance to try out the other activity stream (click Forums tab, then click "Latest Activity" above the topic list)?

I'm curious to see which activity stream people prefer, the one I just mentioned only shows a single latest reply to topics, which has the benefit of showing more topics in the Activity stream. This way one topic does not get drowned out by a popular other topic which might happen when all posts are shown like on the current homepage.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
                              Who has read this thread:
                              Working...
                              X