update your avatar!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atm it looks like that just Storm has this problem with the login. As suggestion, check your internet protection software or for expl CCleaner on automatic deletes all coockies during every scan and clean if you not untick the checkbox for coockies......
    CaseyRyback59/Andreas
    Staff Member
    VA-Manager

Comment

Originally posted by Kalo View Post
      Also, have you had a chance to try out the other activity stream (click Forums tab, then click "Latest Activity" above the topic list)?

I'm curious to see which activity stream people prefer, the one I just mentioned only shows a single latest reply to topics, which has the benefit of showing more topics in the Activity stream. This way one topic does not get drowned out by a popular other topic which might happen when all posts are shown like on the current homepage.
      It's not really a case of preference. There's no single answer. It's about utility. Each is more useful than the other at different times.

If you do use the Latest Activity principle, then maybe rename it Active Threads as that's more functionally descriptive. Also ensure it's available as a single click* from the homepage (like a tab, either at the top or next to Recent Activity).

*You may say that it's only one click further at the moment (to Forums), but (a) it deserves equal priority to the existing Recent Activity posts, and (b) the page construction time and therefore response time on this new host server is actually quite poor, taking a full second before a new page even starts to be displayed and a possible further second to do that silly scroll thing if applicable, so it's not good to have extra barriers to usability like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Storm View Post

Also ensure it's available as a single click* from the homepage (like a tab, either at the top or next to Recent Activity).

*You may say that it's only one click further at the moment (to Forums), but (a) it deserves equal priority to the existing Recent Activity posts, and (b) the page construction time and therefore response time on this new host server is actually quite poor, taking a full second before a new page even starts to be displayed and a possible further second to do that silly scroll thing if applicable, so it's not good to have extra barriers to usability like that.
        Thanks, I can make it display on it's own page without clicking anything (or even replace the one on the homepage with this version), I just wanted to get an idea of which people preferred, or like you said I could make tabs for both.

The site is pretty snappy for me (I'd even say faster than our old one), but then again I have megabit internet. Now that we have a SSL certificate, it theoretically marginally slows a site down because of the encryption. Once I stop making little changes to the site and everything gets cached I'd expect it to get a little faster as well.

Comment

The response lag is definitely at our server end. There's a noticeable latency time, presumably because we're sharing the server with other sites. I'm also comparing this site to other https forums I'm a member of. The old server may have been slower but perhaps it was more evenly distributed, and now I really notice the extra hiccup upfront.

(Machine here = super-fast; Internet currently = 84 Mb/s down, 6 Mb/s up; ping 9 ms, so shouldn't be any problem.)

But as with other things like the login problem, and the silly scroll, it's not ideal but it's no big deal. There's always a work around: either I click one more time or I wait a second longer!

Comment

Unable to remove advertising spam posts or ban user.

Comment

Looks great Kalo
              [img]http://www.msflights.net/pilots/phpvms/lib/signatures/MSF0027.png[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Storm View Post
                Unable to remove advertising spam posts or ban user.
                I'll setup the permissions tomorrow, it seems they all get reset during the move.

Comment

Also, I tried sending a PM yesterday and ran across this...

Comment

Hi Kalo, something wrong with the MSFAirline page???

CaseyRyback59/Andreas
                    Staff Member
                    VA-Manager

Comment

Originally posted by CaseyRyback53 View Post
                      Hi Kalo, something wrong with the MSFAirline page???
                      It's always worked for me. Updated all the map links over the last 2 days.

Kalo Can you check the VA live map please it not loading for me.
                      Oz Flyer.
                      David.
                      VA Operations Manager.
                      SPAD.neXt Beta tester.
                      FIPGauges.com Beta tester.

Got a question about the Virtual Airline? Please post in the VA forum or send me a private message.

Comment

It was down for a couple hours...some DNS settings had to be updated. Ill see if I can get the live map working.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
                        Who has read this thread:
                        Working...
                        X