Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I use a browser and FSX at the same time?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I use a browser and FSX at the same time?

I have two monitors and a GTX670 card . How do I have an FSX flight running on the main screen and a browser open on the other?

Take FSX out of full screen. You should be able to have another monitor running a browser if you move it over there and should be able to interact with it when FSX is not in full screen.

You can find those options in the graphics settings within FSX.

Comment

On your computer, go to devices and printers. Right-click on your main monitor, click display settings. It will give option to extend monitor, then a choice for primary display.
      Also resolution. Then apply. OK.
      Postion FSX/ browser accordingly.

Comment

My monitors (3) are set up for multiple use. I use it in Flight.

I don't see a full screen option in the FSX graphics menu.

Comment

I meant to click the 'start' button in the lower left hand corner of your computer screen. Go to devices and printers, or control panel to find your monitor(s).

Comment

Inside FSX loaded, Hold ALT and Press Enter. It should take you out of full screen.

Comment

alt/enter..got it thanks.

Is there any pseudo full screen option that will work with fsx?

Comment

Hi, jj. I'm glad to see you here on the help forum getting the kind of FSX advice of which I told you. Here's how I do it; I run FSX on my best 1200 line monitor in totally expanded to the bezel windowed mode. I run many other windows and softwares on the adjacent monitors. I'm semi-ashamed to tell you that the other two screens accesable during windowed mode flight are my primary navigation, traffic situation and communication sources. The windows borders around FSX are no more an experience degredation than the silver bezel of my monitor or that silly green info bar that I have yet to turn off.
                Respects, Bob ...

Comment

One thing to remember to do it uncheck the box that will pause FSX when you do move to another window.
                  - Michael
                  Check out my cockpit build!

Comment

I just run 2 computers, thats why you see 2 of me most of the time. One to control teamspeak and my entertainment on long flights one for fsx and my sound. Works on my setup.
                    Justin Johnson
                    XJJohnsonX
                    [email]XJJohnsonX@MSFlights.net[/email]

Any questions about the VA send me a message.

[img]http://www.msflights.net/pilots/phpvms/lib/signatures/MSF0045.png[/img]

[SIZE=1][COLOR="#696969"]Operating System: Windows 8.1 64-bit ✈ CPU: AMD FX-8120 ✈ RAM: 8.00GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 716MHz ✈ Motherboard: MSI 970A-G46 ✈ Graphics: 2048MB Gigabyte AMD Radeon R9 200 Series ✈ Storage: 465GB SAMSUNG; 74GB Western Digital; 232GB Western Digital ✈ Audio: AMD High Definition Audio ✈ Antivirus: Avast! Internet Security[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
                    Who has read this thread:
                    Working...
                    X