Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to change Teamspeak channel while in full screen mode

A lot of people liked the mod of being able to tune your radio in FSX and automatically switching to the correct channel in Teamspeak 2.

This was handy if you flew in Full screen mode as you didn't have to switch screens, in order to click the next Teamspeak channel when changing to a different Tower or Ground.

Unfortunately this isn't available in Teamspeak 3 at this time without giving 3rd parties access to the Teamspeak 3 server.

So I have come up with a work around.

Following the steps below you will be able to press a hot key on your keyboard to switch to a channel you choose while flying in Full screen mode.

If it's of any help I have set CTRL+1 to 5 for each ATC channel as this didn't seem to interfere with the default key mappings in FSX.

**For instance**
    CTRL+1 = Tower
    CTRL+2 = Tower 2

I have also set the scroll button on my joystick to move up and down channels one by one, but be careful with this as if you change channel too quickly you can make the TS server think you are flooding.

Which channel are you in?
    If you are in Full screen mode you will now have no idea as to which channel you have switched to.
    So if you would like to know which room you're in you can configure Teamspeak 3 to tell you.

I have all sounds turned off in my client as I don't need to know when somebody enters or leaves the channel I am in every few seconds.
    The only sound I have on is which channel I have tuned too as below.

I have also edited my TTS so the output is "YOU HAVE TUNED TO TOWER/GROUND/TOWER 2/UNICOM" etc with no server name at the end.

If anybody would like my modified TTS (Text To Speech) file or wants to know how I did this let me know.

The video below shows the key mappings and TTS in action to give you an idea of what it is like.

Last edited by ATC_ROO; August 3, 2014, 08:31 AM.
    If you don't use BOINC or World Community Grid then you should!

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
Who has read this thread:
Working...
X