Waypoint Update for Default FS9/FSX GPS

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waypoint Update for Default FS9/FSX GPS

Precision Flight Sim Navigation
    (Waypoint Update for Default FS9/FSX GPS)

==========
    Overview
    ==========
    This is an update to the default waypoints in the GPS, which adds/corrects many waypoints since the last release of FSX. However, there are some implications that you should be aware of prior to making the decision to use this update. For example, due to some FSX internal limitations and because of how Hi/Lo altitude airways are calculated and used by the FSX GPS, you will find that in many cases they will be REALLY messed up if you attempt to use them. I just simply avoid them altogether, since they are basically only implicitly used to represent the magnetic ground track between two waypoints. I did some research on this subject and discovered that other members of Boston Virtual ATC (Evan included) have also contacted the developer regarding this issue and came to the same conclusion as I did. Nonetheless, I recommend that you use the update at your own discretion, however, I find any relevant limitation(s) to be worth the trade off from my personal experience.

=====================
    Warnings & Cautions
    =====================
    I recommend that you become familiar with the good, bad & the ugly related to updating your database before installing this, and as always, be sure to make appropriate backups to protect yourself in the event of needing to roll back.

==========
    Note
    ==========

The update for the Default GPS is a freeware update, however, you will also find a payware product on this page (the current version at the time of this writing is "U.S. Navaid Cycle 1204"), which costs $5 USD--this provides fixes for misaligned navigation devices (VORs, NDBs, Localizers, Etc.).

================================
    The Software (Link)
    ================================
    http://precisionfsn.com/software/pfsn/

============================================
    Forum Thread Related to the warnings I gave
    ============================================
    Here's a thread to a discussion on Boston Virtual ATC, related to the cautions I posted about Hi/Lo airways in the default FS9/FSX GPS database.

http://forums.bostonvirtualatc.com/v...php?f=3&t=1552

AT LAST, ENJOY!!

Best Regards,
    Jason Cook
    AviatorX60
    Last edited by AviatorX60; December 14, 2012, 11:03 PM. Reason: wordsmithing & corrections

great post and good find...
    HawgDawg4Life.....

HawgDawg4life@msflights.net
    See my videos Here

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
    Who has read this thread:
    Working...
    X