FSX-FSOpen admins must NOW register at FSOpen

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FSX-FSOpen admins must NOW register at FSOpen

FSOpen Server2 software has been updated today to implement a three tiered administrative powers structure. This update requires FSX-FSOpen candidate badged staff and ATC controller candidates to create an FSOpen account. I have forestalled FSX-FSOpen host server reboot so as not to implement this automatic FSOpen Server2 update. While our FSX host server remains not rebooted, it continues to run on the previous FSOpen Server2 .96 revision which implements our IP based FSX admin structure. This IP based FSX admin list disappears when an FSOpen reboot automatically invokes the update. Dave Wave manually approves FSOpen registrations and historically, there has always been some delay in getting one's FSOpen account approved. I have posted on FSOpen forum a request to Dave Wave that, because of his FSOpen admin structure requirement effective on next server reboot, he should expedite new FSOpen registrations.

I will continue to post on this FSX-FSOpen admin structure change as well as the Prepar3D version 2 support also added by this FSOpen update more thruout the day.

Here is the FSOpen version .97 update announcement on FSOpen forum which additionally contains relevant posts by yours truly.

http://www.fsopen.co.uk/forum/posts/...?threadid=3301
    Respects, Bob ...

Will this update in the admin change require you to run pilot assistant or flight strips in order to enact admin rights?

Comment

Hi, Flyingdreamz. A good question and opportunity for further clarification on this FSOpen registration requirement. As it is being explained now, one only has to either log into FSOpen website (like-their forum) or open their Pilot Assistant software which automatically logs them into FSOpen.co.uk AND AFTER that log in, put a plane in our FSX-FSOpen server. That will cause a box to appear in the FSOpen admin tab that will have the pilot's real name as fetched from their FSOpen registration permanently displayed, even after that pilot's FSX-FSOpen log out. Within that FSOpen admin box containing the user's true name, three tick boxes will be permanently displayed and permanently changable/togglable. These three admin level selection boxes read "Full Admin", "Kick" and "Ban". I see that each of these boxes are individually checkable as the software now stands. Checking "Full Admin" will still leave checkable the lower selections of "Kick" and "Ban". These tick boxes can be selected and deselected at will. The selection of these tick boxes must be done from the FSX-FSOpen host console, either live-in person or via TeamViewer manipulation.

OK, now here's the bad news...Our initial uses and thereafter, initial testing on the first night of operation (a night when we REALLY needed admin rights to correctly function), nothing worked as advertised. I will further test after a reboot late tonight when the pilots clear out a little. If we still can't get admin checks to create admins in FSOpen listing and if !kick continues to not function, I'll type a notification on FSOpen forum. As of my post's time, there are no other complaints being logged on that forum. Our temporary workaround is to use TeamViewer to run the FSX-FSOpen console manually. Session specific admin checks in the primary FSOpen list seem to correctly function. Kicks initiated solely thru FSX chat window "kick player from session" tool on the FSX host server achieves with certainty that desired administrative action. Manually entered ban IP addresses in the Ban text box function correctly.

Again, Thanks for asking, Dakoda.
      Respects, Bob ...

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
      Who has read this thread:
      Working...
      X