Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer Suggestions

Hello, I am looking for a decent priced laptop to run fsx good and without lots of lag. The one I use now isn't good enough to run fsx which I get about 9FPS which is horrible but I do have a desktop that I run the game on so theres no worries about not being able to play. Im not really familur about computers so I will need some suggestions on some decent laptops. Im pretty sure FSX uses a lot of the processor in the computer so I guess ill need a decent processor.

Thank you for your time,
    Christian Welch(cougarbasketball)

FSX is very processor heavy. How much are you looking to spend and I will keep my eye out.
    Justin Johnson
    XJJohnsonX
    [email]XJJohnsonX@MSFlights.net[/email]

Any questions about the VA send me a message.

[img]http://www.msflights.net/pilots/phpvms/lib/signatures/MSF0045.png[/img]

[SIZE=1][COLOR="#696969"]Operating System: Windows 8.1 64-bit ✈ CPU: AMD FX-8120 ✈ RAM: 8.00GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 716MHz ✈ Motherboard: MSI 970A-G46 ✈ Graphics: 2048MB Gigabyte AMD Radeon R9 200 Series ✈ Storage: 465GB SAMSUNG; 74GB Western Digital; 232GB Western Digital ✈ Audio: AMD High Definition Audio ✈ Antivirus: Avast! Internet Security[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Anything lower than $700 but would like under $400

Comment

Yeah, like Justin said, CPU heavy. With that remember that mobile processors in notebooks do run at a slower clock speed than desktop processors. This is to save power increasing battery life, and reduce heat. I would currently say look for an i5 processor, fastest clock speed you can find. Try to make sure it's a Haswell chip as they are faster and much more power efficient than previous generations. Also avoid Intel graphics. It may be good to go the AMD route though as then you should have better graphics than what the Intel chips provide. Either way, fastest clock speed.
        - Michael
        Check out my cockpit build!

Comment

If you can wait I would wait till the new year. Once the new years computers come out the older ones will drop. Also after Christmas sales are good.
          Justin Johnson
          XJJohnsonX
          [email]XJJohnsonX@MSFlights.net[/email]

Any questions about the VA send me a message.

[img]http://www.msflights.net/pilots/phpvms/lib/signatures/MSF0045.png[/img]

[SIZE=1][COLOR="#696969"]Operating System: Windows 8.1 64-bit ✈ CPU: AMD FX-8120 ✈ RAM: 8.00GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 716MHz ✈ Motherboard: MSI 970A-G46 ✈ Graphics: 2048MB Gigabyte AMD Radeon R9 200 Series ✈ Storage: 465GB SAMSUNG; 74GB Western Digital; 232GB Western Digital ✈ Audio: AMD High Definition Audio ✈ Antivirus: Avast! Internet Security[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

I will tell you right now, that your spending requirement, the word laptop and FSX dont all go together very well. One of the driving points of a gaming laptop is the introduction of a modern and powerful graphics card, which unfortunately drives the price as well. I guess what I am saying is that most all 400 dollar laptops will play FSX about the same. Not trying to bust your bubble here, but these things do hold true. Asus makes a kick ass laptop, but its like 900 bucks, I think. Check it out.
            HawgDawg4Life.....

HawgDawg4life@msflights.net
            See my videos Here

Comment

I would reccomend Asus or MSI for laptops, you can still custom order them and get Windows 7 so you're not stuck with Win8 off major retailers, go to their websites and customize the build. We got a gaming grade laptop from MSI for around $830.

Comment

Okay thank you everyone for your help. Im not really big on computers when it comes to specs like these. Can you guys get me any suggestions on a computer that is decent price with good specs? Is there a place where I could custom what I want,. It probably be more that way though.

Thank you for help, Christian (:

Comment

Clock Speed I am not familar with. And neither am I with the different processors

Comment

These are the specs on my laptop. Awful I know!!!

Windows 8 64-bit operating system
                    AMD C-60 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics 1.00 GHz
                    Memory: 2.00 GB
                    that's all I know. Sucks

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
                    Who has read this thread:
                    Working...
                    X