• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Support request for a second msFLIGHTS.net FSOpen server to FSOpen.co.uk

[A private email requesting support sent by me to FSOpen.co.uk this day]

11 November, 20:45 UTC

Dave@fsopen.co.uk

Respectful hello, Dave Wave.

I am not able to connect with an FSOpen Server2 IP of 98.239.58.179 registered to Simon Mulder. This backup FSOpen standard license Server2 of our community worked fine for 3 days and then disconnected last night western hemisphere time. Today, I am unable to TeamViewer restart FSOpen Server2 upon initial FSOpen software bootup receiving the error message "cannot connect to server". I have since invoked one more msFLIGHTS.net # 3 behind IP 70.180.222.57 using my FSOpen registration of "ROBERT DUNN 2" and that FSOpen works fine and correctly displays in FSOpen/sessions listing, just as Simon Mulder's IP, FSX host and FSOpen server2 did until last night. Can you assist me in rectifying this problem by replying to my email request for support here?

If we have unknowingly and inadvertently violated a Term of Service of yours, please let us know so that we might better comply with these two FSOpen run servers, one "Pro" (paid) and one rarely used maintenance backup "Sandard" (free). If an excess of 10 pilots on the standart FSOpen Server2 caused an automated disconnect and IP ban, I can address that fully if you request. In release notes under your FSOpen Server2 version .81 that is displayed on host every time FSopen is started, you note that "the 10 pilot limit is recinded" (paraphrase). Shortly before we could no longer get msFLIGHTS.net #2 to connect to FSOpen mothership, more than 10 pilots had found our backup FSOpen listing undergoing reliability testing on FSOpen sessions listing and had joined. Much like our Pro FSOpen server, most of these pilots were not members of msFLIGHTS.net community, were not present on our community TeamSpeak and were conducting their own in-game comms via FSX briefing room chat and their own Skype.

Simon Mulder and his IP 98.239.58.179 are registered with FSOpen, Simon has posted on your forum under that name and Simon and his IP have full endorsement from our community to operate a backup FSX-FSOpen host server under our name, connecting to our resources on an intermittant, backup oriented configuration, both with our Pro license as well as his own Standard license.

Thank you in advance for your timely reply to my urgent request for support.

Bob Dunn

ROBERT DUNN 2
    RSDunn2@msflights.net
    RSDunn@yahoo.com
    an msFLIGHTS.net core administrator
    Respects, Bob ...

FSOpen's Dave Wave replied to the above letter promptly and indicated that the Mulder server FSOpen connection problem had been fixed at FSOpen's end. Our short subsequent email converrsation went like this:

[BEGIN QUOTE of EMAIL]

Quoting Dave Wave <davethewave2@hotmail.co.uk>:

[Hide Quoted Text]We had a database issue about 2 hours ago that would have affected everybody, seems ok now though.

Do you still have a problem?

[I REPLIED TO DAVE]

Thanks, Dave. We are fine on both the temporary test FSOpen installations mentioned here but...

EasternHops' only FSX host has mechanical problems. We are hosting their community until they can fix it. If these host problems take a long time to fix, wwe will offer EasternHops one of those other FSX host for their emergency temporary use and EasternHops will configure those FSOpen Server2's with their own settings, messages, connections and name. This PROBABLY will not happen but please do not let a confusion be created if EasternHops shows up on FSOpen listing using and IP you have previously identified as msFLIGHTS.net.

Thank you so much for your prompt reply and your continued and historical good service to the wider FSX multi world.

Respects, Bob...
    Respects, Bob ...

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
    Who has read this thread:
    Working...
    X