Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CHANGED TEMPORARY IP 70.180.222.57 for FSX-FSOpen HOST NOW EFFECTIVE UNTIL 3 OCTOBER (SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE). NORMAL IP RESUMES THEREAFTER.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CHANGED TEMPORARY IP 70.180.222.57 for FSX-FSOpen HOST NOW EFFECTIVE UNTIL 3 OCTOBER (SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE). NORMAL IP RESUMES THEREAFTER.

CHANGED TEMPORARY IP 70.180.222.57 for FSX-FSOpen HOST NOW EFFECTIVE UNTIL 3 OCTOBER (SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE). NORMAL IP RESUMES THEREAFTER.

Please log your FSX multiplayer client onto temporary IP 70.180.222.57 for the next two days or until further notice. Our normal FSX-FSOpen host is being taken off line as of late Wednesday morning EDT for maintenance. FSOpen license has been transferred to the temporary FSX host during that time. Therefore the front webpage FSOpen map and pilot chart reflects the population of this changed temporary FSX-FSOpen installation. All admin IPs and ban IPs have been transferred to the temporary FSX-FSOpen host 70.180.222.57. This alternate FSX host installation will be referred to as the Henderson host because of it's physical location in Henderson, Nevada, a suburb of Las Vegas. This installation is also available as needed for community use under the FSOpen free standard license listing of msFLIGHTS.net 3. I will be on TeamSpeak thruout the maintenance to answer questions and direct IP traffic.
    Respects, Bob ...

What takes three days to maintain, Bob? Just curious. What's wrong with the server to prompt this?
    Greetings from Dale
    Sound 4-U! - A Tulsa based sound company that provides sound reinforcement and mobile recording services.

Comment

I'll try to document the actual changes and repairs after I'm finished. I've started a log of what I'm doing to fully answer your question but that documentation is taking too much time and I'm abandoning step by step records. The FSX host was a Windows 8 fully stocked configuration with very much scenery and aircraft. It was hanging, not responding at least once a day. That main FSX host needs to be deleted, item by item from the control panel/programs and features, the main FSX program deleted and then reinstalled. FSOpen always had an unnecessary requirement to select one of two IP addresses in it's boot up. FSOpen needs to be deleted and reinstalled to clear this. A backup Windows 7 bootable FSX install exists, dormant, on it's own drive. That drive needs to be booted to, Windows updated and check disk'd and verified and put back into dormancy. The RAID 0 four terabyte data drive shows hardware errors and has had a corrupt recycle bin for many months. I gotta fix that RAID 0 drive. I really intend to get this all done in one working day (Wednesday) but I'm giving myself Thursday in case things go wrong. Tuesday night was spent transferring traffic onto the backup FSX host IP. I was intending to move my Ceton cable card television tuner out of the BigBox into the new Asus client but, for Comcast activation hassles, I'm abandoning that. There will be ISO backups of both the Windows 8 FSX boot configuration as well as the Windows 7 disk when all is repaired and revamped. There is more but that is the major stuff.
      Respects, Bob ...

Comment

MMm in other words, the HD burnt?
        Central American living wanna be pilot :)

Heavy hauler favorite! Jets:anonymous:
        Most of time near MPTO (Panama) and SPIM (Peru)

Favorite ACs for multiplayer
        B737-800 Any
        CRJ-700 Pacifica
        B747-400 Global Freights
        KingAir-350 Tricolor

[url]http://www.youtube.com/user/CzarWilkins[/url]
        :D
        CPU:i5 4670k @4.2Ghz
        RAM:8Gb
        Video:GTX770 2GbRam

Comment

Originally posted by Cesar82Pilot View Post
          MMm in other words, the HD burnt?
          The RAID 0 configuration now works fine after a full format. I'm still getting a nonspecific error message at the BIOS level on this disk pair but I have yet to fully address my problem at the hardware and BIOS level yet. I'll get that started after Axe Zimmerman's radio navigation class-flight this evening. I am thinking of taking Thursday also to work on the BigBox so's I can also fly Wednesday night airliners
          Last edited by ROBERT DUNN 2; October 2, 2013, 11:41 PM.
          Respects, Bob ...

Comment

That sounds like a lot of work to get done in 2 days. Not planing to get much sleep?
            One would hope that Microsoft no longer count the number of activations now that they are not sailing FSx or flight.
            Oz Flyer.
            David.
            VA Operations Manager.
            SPAD.neXt Beta tester.
            FIPGauges.com Beta tester.

Got a question about the Virtual Airline? Please post in the VA forum or send me a private message.

Comment

Originally posted by Oz-Flyer View Post
              That sounds like a lot of work to get done in 2 days. Not planing to get much sleep?
              One would hope that Microsoft no longer count the number of activations now that they are not sailing FSx or flight.
              Hahaha!
              Central American living wanna be pilot :)

Heavy hauler favorite! Jets:anonymous:
              Most of time near MPTO (Panama) and SPIM (Peru)

Favorite ACs for multiplayer
              B737-800 Any
              CRJ-700 Pacifica
              B747-400 Global Freights
              KingAir-350 Tricolor

[url]http://www.youtube.com/user/CzarWilkins[/url]
              :D
              CPU:i5 4670k @4.2Ghz
              RAM:8Gb
              Video:GTX770 2GbRam

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page