No announcement yet.

JoinFS Quick Start

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why i can't connect to your JFS anymore, Roo? it don't change to green, just orange---
    and it is not actuallying the Map even on AU hub
    Last edited by CaseyRyback53; July 18th, 2017, 12:19 PM.
    CaseyRyback59/Andreas
    Staff Member
    VA-Manager
    https://www.facebook.com/CaseyRyback59
    Feel free to visit my YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Fairdriver

Comment

So Im using JoinFS 1.2.5 and I see green for everything on it when connected to 101.165.150.139. But I dont see other players again.

Comment

Originally posted by Kazick View Post
        So Im using JoinFS 1.2.5 and I see green for everything on it when connected to 101.165.150.139. But I dont see other players again.
        That's simply because there was no one else on the AU server. They are not all linked together like SimLink servers. I saw you at Vegas.
        Follow our @msflights Twitter feed here for event reminders. Find out more about how our Twitter feed works here. Freeware aircraft and utilities in https://is.gd/StormsHangar

Comment

Originally posted by Storm View Post
          That's simply because there was no one else on the AU server. They are not all linked together like SimLink servers. I saw you at Vegas.
          I see one other person on the map, but I dont see them in game, and i never showed up on the map. Strange.

Comment

Originally posted by Kazick View Post
            I see one other person on the map, but I dont see them in game, and i never showed up on the map. Strange.
            That was the host aircraft you saw. Never mind the map: it's best to assume that it only works at random. You should select View > Aircraft to see who else is on that server and how far away they are. And prior to connecting, you should select View > Hubs to see which servers are active and how many users are on each server (and subtract one because one is normally an unattended host).

There were exactly two users on the AU server before I joined, the host and you. I followed your Airbus parked on the taxiway at Vegas, did a few aerobatic loops around you in a BD-5J, landed and left. If you want to see people, disconnect from that server and go to a busier one.

Remember: the JoinFS servers are not joined together. They are separate multiplayer servers. This is different from SimLink where you should be able to see anyone who has joined any server.
            Follow our @msflights Twitter feed here for event reminders. Find out more about how our Twitter feed works here. Freeware aircraft and utilities in https://is.gd/StormsHangar

Comment

Originally posted by Storm View Post
              That was the host aircraft you saw. Never mind the map: it's best to assume that it only works at random. You should select View > Aircraft to see who else is on that server and how far away they are. And prior to connecting, you should select View > Hubs to see which servers are active and how many users are on each server (and subtract one because one is normally an unattended host).

There were exactly two users on the AU server before I joined, the host and you. I followed your Airbus parked on the taxiway at Vegas, did a few aerobatic loops around you in a BD-5J, landed and left. If you want to see people, disconnect from that server and go to a busier one.

Remember: the JoinFS servers are not joined together. They are separate multiplayer servers. This is different from SimLink where you should be able to see anyone who has joined any server.
              Ok, so I've switched sim link, however I followed the instructions for XSquakbox on X-Plane as that is my preferred sim. I was on FSX Steam. I've told it to join this IP per instructions: 101.165.150.139. Is there a way to confirm that I am on that sever? Such as a list some where of online users for the servers?

Comment

XSquawkBox does (in my opinion) only a basic job (as I like XP11 too). It is a bit limited in three ways: listing who else is on, getting a thorough set of good model matching CSL for the 45 aircraft in MSF default set, and pulling other aircraft to ground level at airports. vPilot does a better job but is designed for FS9/FSX/P3D. Nevertheless, I've still flown most of my recent series of Friday night SimLink flights in XP11/XSquawkBox (5:1 so far over FSX).

It doesn't really matter which server you're on. If the map is working, you'll show up no matter what server you're connected to. SimLink is pretty much proprietary MSflights only, so you won't see many on! If you were on our Discord voice chat server, it would be easier to sync up with you.

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                Working...
                X