No announcement yet.

JoinFS Quick Start

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you although I don't work hard, I just like tinkering.
    In this case I asked Peter of JoinFS if he could output what we needed to create a map and with his skills he did.
    So the Thanks should be directed towards him.
    I've shared how to add a map with the JoinFS community in an attempt to help others.

From MSFLIGHTS point of view we have 3 working maps.
    The SimLink map
    A JOINFS map
    And a NEW MAP showing both JoinFS and SimLink aircraft.

Both types have their ups and downs.
    I'm not sure which one everybody prefers?

Servinfo can also now be used with JoinFS using the address http://roo.servebeer.com/jfs for those that use it.
    If you don't use BOINC or World Community Grid then you should!

Comment

New to the community. I've installed JoinFS and followed the instructions provided on the first post. And asi start to really dig deeper into flight sims I'd like to konw if there is anything I need to do do show up on the maps.

Comment

Probably wait a little longer.

The maps update around 60secs and the data updates on every minute.

So worst case scenario you may have to wait for up to 2 minutes before your shown.

You also need to be airborne to be shown on one of the maps.

Comment

Just a thought....

It may also be which hub your connected to which hopefully will be fixed shortly.

Comment

Originally posted by ATC_ROO View Post
            Probably wait a little longer.

The maps update around 60secs and the data updates on every minute.

So worst case scenario you may have to wait for up to 2 minutes before your shown.

You also need to be airborne to be shown on one of the maps.
            Just a thought....

It may also be which hub your connected to which hopefully will be fixed shortly.
            I flew for about 2 hours and was on this IP:101.165.150.139 as it was the only one to have network light of green.

Comment

Well 2 hours is plenty long enough

Yes it will be that the node you connected too is not connected to the map at the moment.

I'm assuming your using either the JoinFS Stable version 1.1.4 or test version 1.1.8.

101.165.150.139 is running 1.1.8 I think which is why you could connect to that one.

Comment

Well 2 hours is plenty long enough

Yes it will be that the node you connected too is not connected to the map at the moment.

I'm assuming your using either the JoinFS Stable version 1.1.4 or test version 1.1.8.

101.165.150.139 is running 1.1.8 I think which is why you could connect to that one.
                1.1.4 is what I'm using. It show "Simulator" and "Network" in green at the moment. I am in Free Flight in FSX Steam per first post instructions.

Comment

Why do not tell him to use the newest version 1.1.9 http://pmem.uk/joinfs/development.html and use your IP: 195.147.167.227:6112 to get best results.... ;-)
                  CaseyRyback59/Andreas
                  Staff Member
                  VA-Manager
                  https://www.facebook.com/CaseyRyback59
                  Feel free to visit my YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Fairdriver

Comment

Originally posted by CaseyRyback53 View Post
                    Why do not tell him to use the newest version 1.1.9 http://pmem.uk/joinfs/development.html and use your IP: 195.147.167.227:6112 to get best results.... ;-)

Giving that a try, everything is green and says 7 users. Watching the map for an update.

EDIT: That worked!

Comment

Got it working, though I am no where near anyone else yet. Is there anything I need to do/set up to be able to see other players?

Comment

Originally posted by Kazick View Post
                        Got it working, though I am no where near anyone else yet. Is there anything I need to do/set up to be able to see other players?
                        Only to make sure that that 2 sliders in JoinFS file/Settings are fully across to the right and make sure that your have your AI aircraft turned off.

My 747 is over Germany at the moment and should arrive at EGCC in around an hour if you wanted to follow it.

Join the sim and press ctrl+ shift +f (somebody will correct me if i wrong) and choose a player to follow.
                        You will then spawn behind that player.

Comment

Only to make sure that that 2 sliders in JoinFS file/Settings are fully across to the right and make sure that your have your AI aircraft turned off.

My 747 is over Germany at the moment and should arrive at EGCC in around an hour if you wanted to follow it.

Join the sim and press ctrl+ shift +f (somebody will correct me if i wrong) and choose a player to follow.
                          You will then spawn behind that player.
                          Me and my A319 are on a short hop from Reno to Vegas at the moment.

But sliders are set and AI is off.

Comment

Originally posted by Kazick View Post
                            Me and my A319 are on a short hop from Reno to Vegas at the moment.

But sliders are set and AI is off.
                            That's all you need then.
                            You'll see anybody that is nearby and ATC will see you when they are online.

Comment

That's all you need then.
                              You'll see anybody that is nearby and ATC will see you when they are online.

Cool!

Im flying in FSX, but there still isn't any support for X-Plane yet is there?

Comment

Not with JoinFS at the moment, but hopefully in the future.

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                                Working...
                                X