Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Bobby.
    The default aircraft is only what you will see others as if you do not have the aircraft they are flying.
    I don't have P3D but assume it must have a CRJ as an AI aircraft which would work.
    This is only the model matching feature and shouldn't affect how you connect.
    The CRJ can be changed to any aircraft you have installed.
    If you don't use BOINC or World Community Grid then you should!

Comment

Bobby,

Setting the default aircraft is as simple as doing a copy and paste.

• Go to the main flight sim directory
      • navigate to SimObjects\Aircraft folder
      • Choose the aircraft that you want to use as the default and go to that folder.
      • Open the file aircraft.cfg with a text editor such as Notepad.
      • Each texture for the aircraft begins with [Texture.XX]
      • The first line after the [Texture.XX] begins with Title =
      • Copy the text that after the Title =
      • In vPilot, go to the settings --> Model Matching
      • Paste previous text into the box labeled Title.
      • Click OK to apply and close.

Comment

Thanks Karl,

Your instructions were perfect. I'm now up and stable in both FSX-SE and P3D v3.
        Thank you and Roo very much.

Bobby
        “We deliver anything to the people there—food, mail, the morning paper, the afternoon paper, laundry, refrigerators, Christmas trees, just about anything that will fit in an airplane.”

Comment

Fltnut here
          its up and running for me in p3d

Comment

Glad to hear Fltnut.

For those looking for a map showing aircraft on the server I do have something I am working on.

But for now if you would like to see where everybody is you can use a program called Servinfo.

The program requires no installation, just a double click of the servinfo.exe inside the folder (it has a green icon).
            It will show all server, atc and pilot details and includes a map showing where people are in the world.

Once opened click OPTIONS and the CONNECTION PARAMETERS.
            Select Network: Custom Network 1
            Network name:MSF

and Locator path Url: http://roo.servebeer.com/whazzup

Everything on the connection parameters page should be unticked/unfilled in apart from that above.

Once back at the main screen click the button net to IVAO at the top left to load the MSF data.

Comment

Thanks Roo,

Servinfo works great. I "see" myself on the ramp in PHNL. Thank you for your work.
              “We deliver anything to the people there—food, mail, the morning paper, the afternoon paper, laundry, refrigerators, Christmas trees, just about anything that will fit in an airplane.”

Comment

I agree whole heartedly!
                Originally posted by Captain Duke View Post
                Thanks Roo,

Servinfo works great. I "see" myself on the ramp in PHNL. Thank you for your work.
                Yours in flight,

Pops :-D

Comment

.chat CALLSIGN Opens a new chat tab (or switches to the existing tab) for the specified callsign.
                  .close Closes the current chat tab.
                  .atis CALLSIGN Request the controller information for the specified callsign.
                  .msg CALLSIGN message Sends the specified private message to the specified callsign.
                  .wx STATION-ID Requests the weather (as a METAR) for the specified station ID.
                  .metar STATION-ID Requests the weather (as a METAR) for the specified station ID.
                  .wallop message Sends a "wallop" to all supervisors on the network.
                  .copy Copies the contents of the active tab to your clipboard.
                  .clear Clears the contents of the active tab.
                  .reloadrules Reloads the model matching rule sets.
                  .x SQUAWK-CODE Sets your transponder to the specified code. Can also use .xpdr, .xpndr, .sq, or .squawk.
                  .com1 FREQUENCY Sets the COM1 radio to the specified frequency.
                  .com2 FREQUENCY Sets the COM2 radio to the specified frequency.
                  .com 1 Enables the COM1 radio for transmit.
                  .com 2 Enables the COM2 radio for transmit.
                  .com both Toggles receiving on both COM radios simultaneously.
                  .testmodelmatching Opens a window where you can run a test of all the model matching rules you have loaded.
                  .debug Displays a debugging window.
                  So for example .metar KLAX would show you the weather for LAX.
                  .msg BAW123 Hello how are you? Would send a message to the callsign BAW123 saying Hello how are you?

Comment

Re: vPilot commands

During the first period of time that debugging (.debug) command is very useful. You can add/remove matching sets then reload what is currently active without having to exit/restart the program.

Comment

First I would like to express my genuine appreciation of the fact that MSF is actively and constantly trying to improve the quality of the simulation experience for its members and guests. Today I jumped on the occassion when I found out that a new software was out for members to test.
                      I tested FSD from the perspective of the controller using Euroscope. Although sophisticated and complex, Euroscope gave me the realism that I needed in terms of accessibility to time-saving data such as SIDs, STARs, METAR, flightplans, and a clear symbology on the ground and in the air.
                      The only minor difficulties encountered during the software-test include:
                      1. Interference with VATSIM traffic up-dated in Euroscope on a regular basis regardless of the off-line status.
                      2. Some pilots in the server could not appear on the aircraft list.
                      3. Some aircrafts, dispite the fact that they were squawking mode C, appeared on the radar as unidentified once airborn.
                      On a small controlling scale these small problems could be ignored. However when managing a higher traffic flow, they will potentially overwhelm controllers.
                      P.S: I have experience using Euroscope in the past.

Comment

If anyone could help me with this it would be great i try to open vpilot but an error sign appears and after i hit ok the app crashes this is what it says.

I am running Windows 10
                        If i dont get this fixed i cant run fsd. If someone can help that would be great.
                        [IMG]http://173.83.96.30/stuff/images/A2A/banner-n7048p.png[/IMG]
                        [COLOR="#006400"][B][I]Learn from the mistakes of others. You won't live long enough to make all of them yourself![/I][/B][/COLOR]
                        [COLOR="#FF0000"][B]✈️Youtube:[/B][/COLOR] [URL="https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjeLgOOxRhnvfPD5VJhxRjw"]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjeLgOOxRhnvfPD5VJhxRjw[/URL]

Comment

I have now found a map which shows both ATC and Pilots on the server and also their flight plan if one is filed.

Should help people that were wondering were everybody else was.

FSD SERVER MAP!

Comment

Originally posted by InTheLittleCube View Post
                            If anyone could help me with this it would be great i try to open vpilot but an error sign appears and after i hit ok the app crashes this is what it says.

I am running Windows 10
                            If i dont get this fixed i cant run fsd. If someone can help that would be great.

Your missing some Libraraies Little Cube.

See this post for the simple fix.

Comment

Originally posted by ATC_ROO View Post
                              I have now found a map which shows both ATC and Pilots on the server and also their flight plan if one is filed.

Should help people that were wondering were everybody else was.

FSD SERVER MAP!
                              This is awesome ROO. May I respectfully request that this link be placed in the top right of our home page in the multiplayer servers box? Will this be replacing the Serveinfo utility you wrote or can they be used side by side if desired? Thank you for your work on this platform.

Bobby

Comment

I agree with you duke, I was planning on mentioning this during our meeting today.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
                                Who has read this thread:
                                Working...
                                X