• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/RrDpHEG.jpg[/IMG]
    [url]www.fsxblueangels.com[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Razor View Post
      Roo would it be possible to upload the client to onedrive, or some other file sharing site? I can not download it from your site for some reason.
      or this
      https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...BFSG%20FSD.zip
      mike404

Comment

Originally posted by ATC_ROO View Post
        So far we have had FSX Steam, FSX Boxed and P3D all connect so all looks good.
        If anybody that has Xplane would like to try it that would be appreciated.
        Connected tonight in X-Plane. To install XSquawkBox you copy the extracted directory (XSquawkBox) to X-Plane 10\Resources\plugins. Then it appears on the plugins menu. I only had NA installed so couldn't verify if you were there.

I set it up in game as follows:
        - Michael
        Check out my cockpit build!

Comment

Shortly after posting Europe finished downloading... I was able to follow you around. Seemed a little jerky, not super smooth, but I had no problem flying in formation with you.

I have to admit the big thing I miss is gamertags... (However the roads and traffic in X-Plane were awesome! I may have to invest more time in it!)
          - Michael

Comment

That's great thanks Waterman.
            We now know that the four major sims can connect and fly with each other.
            I have a windows and a Linux server running at the moment connected together and can't remember which one my aircraft is connected to which may make a difference?
            Anybody connecting from outside of my network will connect to the Linux server.
            Where you have connected with localhost are you able to manually input an ip/hostname?
            If you can input roo.servebeer.com into the server field and don't run the proxy program does that work?
            Gamer tags can be seen if using FSX or P3D.
            FSX and P3D can also connect using FSINN, this is a better pilot client in my opinion although tricky to setup.
            Using Vpilot won't allow you to use the real weather from the server, where as FSINN and squawk box will.
            If you don't use BOINC or World Community Grid then you should!

Comment

Originally posted by ATC_ROO View Post
              Where you have connected with localhost are you able to manually input an ip/hostname?
              If you can input roo.servebeer.com into the server field and don't run the proxy program does that work?
              Doesn't work... just gets stuck "Connecting..."

If I then fire up the FSD Proxy and change it back to localhost it connects immediately. No need to restart X-Plane...
              - Michael

Comment

OK Thanks Waterman.

An event has now been posted in which to get together and test this software.
                http://msflights.net/forum/calendar....&day=2015-12-5
                Last edited by ATC_ROO; December 6, 2015, 09:13 AM.

Comment

Issues encountered:

When connected users >= 5 dropped connections began. VPilot would D/C. upon attempting to reconnect message would advise callsign in use even though it was not visible to any traffic connected at the time.

A restart of proxy software and vpilot did not resolve nor did a client side sim restart

Clients connected noted that whilst software was saying they were still connected no other players were visible.

A restart of proxy software and vpilit did not resolve however a client side simulator restart was successful in clearing the issue.

Judder observed to some users, possible internet connection more investigation required.

(apologies for typo and brevity on cellular)

Safe skies
                  Novawing24
                  Per Ardua Ad Astra

Check out my videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/Novawing24
                  Join me on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/Novawing24
                  Follow me on Twitter! https://twitter.com/novawing24
                  Official Novawing24 website! http://www.novawing24.com
                  My Onedrive! http://tinyurl.com/novawing24-onedrive

Comment

Originally posted by Novawing24 View Post
                    Judder observed to some users, possible internet connection more investigation required.
                    Judder noted with 125 Mbps down/12 Mbps up, 0% packet loss, Internet connection at client when in formation (say 0.1 nmi) with FSX frame rate locked at 30 fps. This is a similar effect to flying formation without frame rate lock, except in this case with possibly a lower judder frequency.

Lag noted was around 6-8 seconds.

Comment

I am having a bit of trouble with installing this software. it will be very helpful if someone who has team veiwer could help me out. thanks (i will be on in the next few days - Australian time though)

Comment

Thank you Nova and Storm.
                        I'll see if I can find a fix for the issues you encountered.
                        There may not be one I don't know yet, but I'll ask the other communities I know that run this software and search the forums I have been using.
                        The server does create a log file showing Client connections which may be useful.

Originally posted by strike View Post
                        I am having a bit of trouble with installing this software. it will be very helpful if someone who has team veiwer could help me out. thanks (i will be on in the next few days - Australian time though)
                        I'll try but we'll need to know a bit more info strike.
                        Which Sim are you using?
                        Which Operating system?
                        And which bit of the install are you having problems with.

Comment

Roo when we do feel like we have this fairly well down I'm volunteering my wife to write up a how to. She writes help/how to manuals for software for her day job, so it's right up her alley. Just let me know when you're ready for it. (I'd guess after the proxy client is customized for us?)
                          - Michael

Comment

Thanks Waterman.
                            We could do with a list of problems to see if a fix can be found for them.
                            So far we have Storm and Novas posts above.
                            Which I'll do my best to look into when I find time.
                            I'll update everybody with any changes I try to see if they improve anything.

Comment

Hi Roo,

On Karl's recommendation, I installed the client for FSX-SE. No problems following your instructions. My callsign is ZZ100 and there doesn't appear to be any issues. I'll fly with it and report back if any issues but right now I'm in and stable.

Thank you for the work.
                              Bobby
                              “We deliver anything to the people there—food, mail, the morning paper, the afternoon paper, laundry, refrigerators, Christmas trees, just about anything that will fit in an airplane.”

Comment

Hi Roo,

Talking to ATPJET on TS, I tried to run FSD on P3D v3. I couldn't make it work because the default was a CRJ and P3D doesn't have a CRJ as it's default. Oddly enough there is a CRJ in the SimObjects folder so I am thinking that is an AI aircraft. ATPJET says there is a way to copy an entry from the SimObjects folder to FSD settings but we weren't sure how. Can you explain how to do that? If I can make it work, then I'll have FSX-SE and P3D v3 on FSD.

Thank you

Bobby

Edit: Windows 7 Pro (not sure if you need this info)
                                Last edited by Captain Duke; December 12, 2015, 04:30 AM. Reason: Added OS
                                “We deliver anything to the people there—food, mail, the morning paper, the afternoon paper, laundry, refrigerators, Christmas trees, just about anything that will fit in an airplane.”

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
                                Who has read this thread:
                                Working...
                                X