Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ATC_ROO View Post
    I will now put an FSX Steam edition 747 circling EGCC at 6000ft for anybody that wants to connect and see traffic on the server.
    Nothing seen over Ringway at 20151126 0120Z, even when expanding vpilot's display radius to 99 nmi.

Comment

Sorry I moved it to KIAD yesterday whilst helping somebody else with a radar client.
      She's now back at Manch circling at 6000ft.

Just for a heads up the Test Linux server will be going off today (and maybe tomorrow) for a time.
      So the address will point to the windows version of the server instead, if anybody would like to compare that to the linux.
      If you don't use BOINC or World Community Grid then you should!

Comment

I connected successfully tonight with P3Dv3. You seemed paused in the air, hopefully that was true and it wasn't a problem with lag.
        - Michael
        Check out my cockpit build!

Comment

Yes my FS crashed Waterman after being up for a few days so that would explain it.

So far we have had FSX Steam, FSX Boxed and P3D all connect so all looks good.
          If anybody that has Xplane would like to try it that would be appreciated.

I believe all that is left is a group flight with as many as possible so we can compare it to the other software we have tried.
          I'm extremely busy at the moment but I do have a server running 24/7 if somebody would like to arrange a group flight.

I'll try and get on as much as I can to answer any questions.

P.S I may sound biased towards this software as I do like the look of it, but if it is no good for our group flights then there is no point testing it further.

I do however believe it to be extremely customisable and easy to use by both clients and server Admin, whilst also allowing different sims to fly together.

If set correctly it will be able to provide the same real world weather to everybody at the same time and I believe there are other options including a map showing aircraft on the server which maybe helpful.
          Last edited by ATC_ROO; November 28, 2015, 06:16 PM.

Comment

I tested yesterday with 1 other user we both were on Windows10, STEAM. ....some set up issues and model matching questions but were able to use.
            Aircraft seen by other user was determined by what I set in my 'connect' aircraft type (which it matches to a xxx.vmr file), i.e., if I select 737 on freeflight but used 172 as aircraft type in vpilot, he saw Cessna. So it appears that we have to set aircraft in 2 places for others to properly see what we are flying. I researched and found lots of vpilot doc and, a vmr free generator, which is when I learned that the 1st 3 chars of call sign, if it has a matching entry in the xxx.vmr file, determines the livery.

Maybe we were doing something wrong but it clearly seems to be that when you set your aircraft in freeflight, vpilot does not use that ... you have to set proper match in the 'connect' callsign and aircraft type... no biggie...

Comment

Follow-up testing with model matching

Running (2) steam fsx to test out what my aircraft looks like on other user.
              Model match must have aircraft I am running installed on OTHER user's machine. This seems to be quite a restriction if I want to run a plane and the other players don't have that installed?

Am I missing something here?????

Originally posted by FLTBUFF71 View Post
              I tested yesterday with 1 other user we both were on Windows10, STEAM. ....some set up issues and model matching questions but were able to use.
              Aircraft seen by other user was determined by what I set in my 'connect' aircraft type (which it matches to a xxx.vmr file), i.e., if I select 737 on freeflight but used 172 as aircraft type in vpilot, he saw Cessna. So it appears that we have to set aircraft in 2 places for others to properly see what we are flying. I researched and found lots of vpilot doc and, a vmr free generator, which is when I learned that the 1st 3 chars of call sign, if it has a matching entry in the xxx.vmr file, determines the livery.

Maybe we were doing something wrong but it clearly seems to be that when you set your aircraft in freeflight, vpilot does not use that ... you have to set proper match in the 'connect' callsign and aircraft type... no biggie...

Comment

Running (2) steam fsx to test out what my aircraft looks like on other user.
                Model match must have aircraft I am running installed on OTHER user's machine. This seems to be quite a restriction if I want to run a plane and the other players don't have that installed?

Am I missing something here?????
                No that sounds about right.

I am no Vpilot expert but have found that what ever you set in Vpilot will be what the other users see you as, regardless of what you are actually flying.

If the other users do not have the aircraft type you have set in Vpilot, then they will see you in which ever aircraft they have set as their default.

Although I have not tried, you can apparently change any users aircraft on your screen to show as anything you have installed.

So if a pilot is flying an A400 and you only have a C130 you could change them to that as it is a similar aircraft instead of seeing them in a Cessna 172.

I don't see this as a problem as in FSX how many times have you been substituted by an aircraft which is nothing like what you are flying?

There is no flight sim that I know of that would actually show a user in an aircraft that you do not have yourself.

Comment

Thanks for your quick response

Thank you,

If anyone you see posts a group flight in the events log I would try to join if I know about ahead of time....

Originally posted by ATC_ROO View Post
                  No that sounds about right.

I am no Vpilot expert but have found that what ever you set in Vpilot will be what the other users see you as, regardless of what you are actually flying.

If the other users do not have the aircraft type you have set in Vpilot, then they will see you in which ever aircraft they have set as their default.

Although I have not tried, you can apparently change any users aircraft on your screen to show as anything you have installed.

So if a pilot is flying an A400 and you only have a C130 you could change them to that as it is a similar aircraft instead of seeing them in a Cessna 172.

I don't see this as a problem as in FSX how many times have you been substituted by an aircraft which is nothing like what you are flying?

There is no flight sim that I know of that would actually show a user in an aircraft that you do not have yourself.

Comment

I am trying to set up a 7pm flight room A test scenario this evening and I included your link to install vpilot etc on steam channel and flight a channel chat changd my nickname to "FLTBuff71 test vpilot 7pm"

I hope I am not breaking any msflight rules by doing this.

Comment

Better to know than hope: http://msflights.net/forum/showthrea...les-Guidelines

Comment

Just to let you know I had no takers for my testing scenario last night at 7pm, so I cancelled my test.

Comment

Sorry, new at this, this reply was supposed to be to ATC_ROO

Just to let you know I had no takers for my testing scenario last night at 7pm, so I cancelled my test.

Comment

For anybody interested in this test I will plan and arrange a group flight in order to find any problems and will post the group flight in the usual place on our forums.

Some issues have already arisen which include users of Avast having problems installing some parts of the client software and aircraft positions not being totally accurate to all players.

In the meantime feel free to try it with other members of MSFLIGHTS so you will know how to connect easily on the day.

I will try my best to point people in the right direction to solve problems they may find, but as I am also new to this software I can only advise on what I have found out myself.

Keep an eye on the group flights section.

Comment

Roo would it be possible to upload the client to onedrive, or some other file sharing site? I can not download it from your site for some reason.
                              [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/RrDpHEG.jpg[/IMG]
                              [url]www.fsxblueangels.com[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Razor View Post
                                Roo would it be possible to upload the client to onedrive, or some other file sharing site? I can not download it from your site for some reason.
                                Try this. https://drive.google.com/folderview?...Gc&usp=sharing

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
                                Who has read this thread:
                                Working...
                                X