Clear All

• Prepar3d v4 Announced

Release on May 30th 2017
    More information here: http://www.prepar3d.com/news/2017/05/114164/

Will JoinFS accomodate P3Dv4 ?

http://pmem.uk/joinfs/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=218
    Respects, Bob ...

Comment

This AVSIM thread, "Prepar3D v4 Images and Install structure" contains interesting P3Dv4 structure, enhancement and feature explanations with illustrations by a Lockheed Martin beta tester. It is a short and worthwhile read IMHO.

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/5...all-structure/
      Respects, Bob ...

Comment

I watched a preview of it today via twitch. The distance that it draws scenery is quite impressive.

Comment

Here's one from the avsim forums / youtube:
          Take the time, a second to soar; for soon after, beckons a second more.

Comment

Lockheed Martin's Rob Ainscouth's answers to enthusiasts' questions in his video linked above by Wingman are full of information. Thanks for the reference, Wingman. I read 10K-plus views in just a short time posted on Youtube, indicating to me high interest in P3Dv4. Mr. Ainscough's comments on GPU loads and the fact that Rob runs both XPlane 11 as well as P3Dv4 and gives honest comparison on the performance and advantages of both inspires me to take Rob's word as fact and not sales hype.
            Respects, Bob ...

Comment

Can't wait to try it out...thanks Lockheed, what a nice birthday present!

Comment

And now that Pete Dowson is back from vacation, he has confirmed he is building FSUIPC5 (http://forum.simflight.com/topic/827...compatibility/)
                - Michael
                Check out my cockpit build!

Comment

It is out! Prices are the same.

Comment

Prepar3D.com website was not connectable for me at opening hour, my 10:00 hours but has since been contactable for me. I've since downloaded and installed an Academic license successfully within the last hour of this post's timestamp. My P3Dv4 experimentation will interrupt our experimental Dovetail Flight Sim World dedicated multiplayer server, which uses the same hardware (my client computer). Posts on that server in it's appropriate thread later.

I'd appreciate any word on P3Dv4 compatibility with JoinFS here in thread. See my post # 2 with JoinFS forum link in this thread. Additionally, I will purchase Peter Dowson's FSUIPC version 5 when it becomes available. Any word and/or counsel on that availability would also be appreciated (Waterman).
                    Respects, Bob ...

Comment

P3Dv4 Installed here also. Will be watching for any add-ons as they become available.
                      [COLOR="#008000"]Josh
                      CW4 US Army Retired [/COLOR]:)[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

JoinFS and LittleNavMap(incl.LittleNavConnect) are working. Plan-G not tested yet, but should work because P3D v4 is using still SimConnect. FSUIPC 5 is on the way( new payment ). AS 2016, Rex4(incl.Softclouds) comming soon. Upgrade ASN to AS 2016 on sale till 1th of june(20$).ORBX will release FTX Central 3.2 soon, than u can install all ready compiled products you own automaticly into P3D v4......Most of newer Fly Tampa products should work, other one will get new installers for free. more following, cheers!

Casey
                        CaseyRyback59/Andreas
                        Staff Member
                        VA-Manager

Comment

A2a comes with free updates for all P3D v3 to v4....also PMDG. Pilot's, say's FSGlobal Ultimate – Next Generation Box should work in v4, announcing new product FSGlobal 2018, as the follower of FSGlobal 2010, and FSGlobal Ultimate Next Generation Continents. both will be around 20bucks cheaper at the first month after release...... there is alot more, so GOGoogle fellas... cheers :applouse: :applouse: :applouse:
                          CaseyRyback59/Andreas
                          Staff Member
                          VA-Manager

Comment

Oh very important for Saitek users, Spad.neXt latest driver are compatible with v4..... Alabeo/Carenado say's nothing much atm, becaus of ther huge fleet, also Milviz....
                            CaseyRyback59/Andreas
                            Staff Member
                            VA-Manager

Comment

As Casey said Active Sky will be a free update and Orbx said most of their products will be a free update to p3d 4.0. With A2A also offering free updates and as Casey said PMDG....this is great new in my opinion. P3Dv4 is definitely looking like the future of flight sim for the next few years at least. Can't wait to try it out.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
                              Who has read this thread:
                              Working...
                              X