Prepar3d v4 Announced

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have picked up my copy of V4 and looking forward towards this bright future! I remember many people saying, including developers, all payware will need to be paid for again if upgraded to 64 bit. Glad all those people were wrong! Either way, I knew getting the 64 bit sim problem out of the way was most important. Very excited to see most of the developers in the sim community doing the right thing and releasing free updates. I can understand the FSUIPC charge, because he has made many updates and advances in the last few years or so without adding a charge.

Comment

Latest from ORBX
      Ed Correia

Life Member
      Ed Correia
      Administrators
      6,492 posts
      Order #:N/A

ID: 67 Posted 9 hours ago · Report post

We have identified some last minute issues with the v3 to v4 FTXC process, so we are working on that. Don't expect anything in the 12-24 hours.

Please note that the current version of FTXC will not recognise P3Dv4, so don't be surprised if you see no simulators to select (if nothing else installed).
      CaseyRyback59/Andreas
      Staff Member
      VA-Manager

Comment

Latest from Pete Dawson,FSUIPC.....
        Pete Dowson

Advanced Member
        Pete Dowson
        Moderators
        32,000 posts
        LocationNear Stoke-on-Trent, UK

Posted Monday at 12:56 PM · Report post

On 29.5.2017 at 0:13 PM, stuarth said:

Pete,

A chance that this fsuipc v5 64bit will work with DTGs Flight Sim World? Alternatively will you consider an alternative version?

Stuart

Seems very unlikely. From what DTG are saying FSUIPC will be impossible. Though if they've implemented SimConnect properly I don't see why. They've deliberately snubbed be over this despite my full cooperation and bug reporting for all the FSX-SE betas. I think they don't like it that FSUIPC is not being made available for them to supply via Steam.

Currently i'm not interested in any case, but i might review this in due course. Far too much to do on other fronts at present, especially P3D4.

Pete

looks like Dovetail should sit back and play with their Shoo Shoo Trains, lol....
        CaseyRyback59/Andreas
        Staff Member
        VA-Manager

Comment

Latest info for Plan-G users,
          tim arnot

Administrator
          Master Navigator
          View Profile Email Personal Message (Offline)

Re: New Sims - FSW, P3D-v4, Xplane11
          « Reply #1 on: May 27, 2017, 07:13:23 PM »

The next build will add flight plan read/write support for FSW (128, currently in testing). I haven't looked at the database yet, other than to verify there are differences in some places over FSX (for example, I was flying in Equador last week. FSX only has the old Quito airport - SEQU - whereas FSW has the new Quito, SEQM). Can't say anything about P3Dv4 until I've seen it. X-Plane 11 new format stuff is still coming along, plus there are other things on the books, including support for Garmin addon devices, and fsAerodata.
          CaseyRyback59/Andreas
          Staff Member
          VA-Manager

Comment

Aerosoft Twin Otter is P3Dv4 compatible. http://www.aerosoft.com/us/fsxp3d/fl...extended?c=363

Comment

FSUIPC 5.1 OUT NOW

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/80977-updated-modules/
              CaseyRyback59/Andreas
              Staff Member
              VA-Manager

Comment

New stable version 1.4.3 of LittleNavMap is online....
                with P3D v4 support
                CaseyRyback59/Andreas
                Staff Member
                VA-Manager

Comment

Seems very unlikely. From what DTG are saying FSUIPC will be impossible. Though if they've implemented SimConnect properly I don't see why. They've deliberately snubbed be over this despite my full cooperation and bug reporting for all the FSX-SE betas. I think they don't like it that FSUIPC is not being made available for them to supply via Steam.
                  I understand Dovetail may want some quality control, however they are closing doors that may never open. Not looking positive, but again, only time will tell...

Comment

Meanwhile, I like FSX. I'll let all you young pioneers help shake out the competing P3D, XP, FSW worlds until maybe in 3 years time things are clearer and I get something else. More power to you sirs! :eagerness:

Comment

Originally posted by Storm View Post
                      Meanwhile, I like FSX. I'll let all you young pioneers help shake out the competing P3D, XP, FSW worlds until maybe in 3 years time things are clearer and I get something else. More power to you sirs! :eagerness:
                      Well, I think P3D has the most "Finished" product thus far. Yes it is just advancement of FSX, but isn't that mostly what we always wanted? I think it is good they do updates. Some are great additions, and they are optional. Steam is a lot harder to control, if it is at all. It is kind of a good thing that Simulator companies are continuing to develop their simulators. This is what FSX was doing. They did release "service packs" which are no different then P3D 95% of the time. Yes this means to may have to re-purchase it if you desire to upgrade to the next version. But it supports development. The big thing about FSX is, the Aces studio closed before the product was ever truly finished too.

Personally, I would suggest reconsidering a P3D purchase, only for the fact that you have 2 GTX1080's. This new version is what FSX should have always been + some steroids! Yes, the default ground textures could be updated, and to be honest, probably would not be hard to do for Lockheed Martin's P3D development team, but, it could be a legal issue too(since they are selling a product. If they did what ORBX Global did(replaced textures for higher res, and not photoreal), that would not be a problem.

Anyway Storm, I understand the hesitation completely. For some good serious conversation, when do you think it will be the right time for you to upgrade? What is it about P3D or X-plane 11 that doesn't fit your choice? Do you have one you are looking at more closely than the others?

For me, X-plane 11 doesn't have seasons and some other features I would like. But is not a bad simulator.
                      P3D isn't perfect, or exactly real. But the positive advancement and the recent turn in caring for the flight simulation hobbyist community shows me the care about us(Going to flight sim con, promoting 3rd party development(even on their web page)). It does have great(and surprising) support from developers for this new version.

One thing with both of these two platforms, they require less back end tweaking than FSX. So for new users, I think they are the best place to start.

Comment

Not sure where the comment about FSUIPC being impossible in FSW is coming from. FSW, like P3D, uses SimConnect, just a new version of it. From my understanding SpadNext (which is an alternative to FSUIPC) is already fully functional with FSW (and was so within hours of launch). It will also be supporting P3Dv4.

My first impressions of P3Dv4 are less than spectacular. I acknowledge the potential however for a US$200 investment I am feeling more than a little let down.

We shall see how all of the platforms develop.
                        Per Ardua Ad Astra

Check out my videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/Novawing24
                        Join me on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/Novawing24
                        Follow me on Twitter! https://twitter.com/novawing24
                        Official Novawing24 website! http://www.novawing24.com
                        My Onedrive! http://tinyurl.com/novawing24-onedrive

Comment

Thanks, Travis for mentioning Peter Dowson's (FSUIPC) quote on his relationship with Dovetail in your post # 23. I read Pete's words soon after they were written and, even tho I knew from msFLIGHTS.net's beta participation in FSX:SE that such was the (lack of) relationship there, Pete's reaffirmation that you quote turns me somewhat against Dovetail's monetization plan.

You all know from my posts that I support as open a source for my sim of choice as is possible. FSUIPC has worked itself into being quite integral in this open-sourcedness (word?). While I don't begrudge Dovetail their sole and total control of their software, this spirit of lack of cooperation with icons of the flight simming world has soured me on further interest in Flight Sim World. Truthfully, altho I like those Dovetail staff with whom I converse, it has been Novawing24's association with Dovetail and my admiration and respect for Nova's good works that have kept me hanging in there with Dovetail for quite a while.

I will post more extensively in the proper thread later but as of now, I don't see any purpose nor need to encourage our community to sponsor and host a FSW multiplayer server. I have been experimentally running such a FSW server since opening day. FSW multiplayer's limitations indicate to me that private spur-of-the-moment FSW multiplayer sessions are all that can be made to be useful. AFAIK, our friends at MaldAir (Tim Walters) will continue to offer a 24/7 FSW multiplayer experience. Besides, very few pilots are making use of any of the offered FSW servers.

Personally, Storm, I am very happy with my brief simming experience with P3Dv4 on MY SLI'd Nvidia 1080s.

[EDIT] My post was being composed and was posted before I had opportunity to read from Nova, above. Hopefully some reconciliation can come about between Mr. Dowson and Dovetail.
                          Respects, Bob ...

Comment

Originally posted by Novawing24 View Post

My first impressions of P3Dv4 are less than spectacular. I acknowledge the potential however for a US$200 investment I am feeling more than a little let down.
                            The 60$ version would do the same job, so no reason to complain about the prize..
                            CaseyRyback59/Andreas
                            Staff Member
                            VA-Manager

Comment

Originally posted by Storm View Post
                              Hey Storm, be honest, you just to lazy to setup a new FS.......somehow i can agree, never change a running system.:stung:
                              CaseyRyback59/Andreas
                              Staff Member
                              VA-Manager

Comment

Originally posted by ROBERT DUNN 2 View Post
                                Thanks, Travis for mentioning Peter Dowson's (FSUIPC) quote on his relationship with Dovetail in your post # 23. I read Pete's words soon after they were written and, even tho I knew from msFLIGHTS.net's beta participation in FSX:SE that such was the (lack of) relationship there, Pete's reaffirmation that you quote turns me somewhat against Dovetail's monetization plan.
                                I can't take credit for this quote, I borrowed it from CaseyRyback. I just didn't want to quote the quote lol.

To further the topic of P3D. This may be the sim to take up for at least a few years. I find it will be hard for P3D to justify another payment after version 4 without something really substantial. Now that it is 64Bit. The possibilities to make things better will be improved.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
                                Who has read this thread:
                                Working...
                                X