•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prepar3d v3.1 has been released.

Get more information here:

http://prepar3d.com/news/2015/12/113372/

And now that all these developers are stuck in their own world and won't follow Lockheed's recommendations for addon's we'll get to reinstall everything. (Unless you skip the Scenery and Content, then it's just the client)
    - Michael
    Check out my cockpit build!

You know I literally (as in 2 minutes) just finished install all of the Orbx / scenery addons into P3Dv3 when you posted this.

well this should be interesting.
    Per Ardua Ad Astra

Check out my videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/Novawing24
    Join me on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/Novawing24
    Follow me on Twitter! https://twitter.com/novawing24
    Official Novawing24 website! http://www.novawing24.com
    My Onedrive! http://tinyurl.com/novawing24-onedrive

Comment

Looking over the release notes at least I'm not worried about the Content and Scenery changes. I already removed the default Baron (after installing the Carenado one), and rarely fly in the US South East or Singapore. So I'll probably just update the client.
      - Michael

Comment

Wow... Miraculously Pete Dowson is not on holiday! Perhaps the cycle is broken!

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/806...4948g-for-now/

I'm just going to wait for Orbx to update ObjectFlow before doing mine.
        - Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Waterman981 View Post
          I'm just going to wait for Orbx to update ObjectFlow before doing mine.
          Totaly agreed, for me with all released quadinstaller of ORBX the same. i wait. I did a testrun with just the client update and it fails on the objectflow.dll when u run it, but if you select NO, P3Dv3.1 runs fine.
          CaseyRyback59/Andreas
          Staff Member
          VA-Manager

Comment

I read your community announcement when you posted it, Waterman and thank you. My initial smart-ass post was going to be something like "Merry Christmas, Peter Dowson... wherever you are" but your # 4 here precludes that. I downloaded full install files and properly stuck them in their place in my computer's libraries but I have not further endeavored to update as RL had interrupted. I'll attempt to do a basic uninstall-upgrade install this evening, good Lord willing. As I am RL busy and constantly on the road, I doubly appreciate the Orbx centric advice on P3Dv3.1 that you, CaseyRyback and other knowledgeable PREPAR3D pilots can spoon feed me here in thread. Based on the advice I garner here so far, I'll be updating the client only and save my extensive Orbx installations and configuration until more experienced advice forthcomes.

I used a scenery snapshot importation program from Sim Design Group called FSCubed to good effect when I needed to import my P3D version 2.5 Orbx centric sceneries into my new installation of P3D version 3. I'll give that scenery importation a quick try again with this update. I'll retake the scenery snapshot of version 3 sceneries and attempt importation into version 3.1 new install and report back here in thread my experiences. As far as I know, ObjectFlow worked in my P3Dv3.0 when imported with this utility from v2.5.

I am currently in Seattle I have all the electronics that was the Las Vegas sim servers-personal clients here with me. I will return to Las Vegas via Christmas at Grandma's in San Francisco area by 27 December. As a result of this required equipment disassembly-reassembly, the P3D update, the general lack of interest in a dedicated P3Dv3 server and the advent of FSD-like multiplayer concurrency solutions, I will not put back up a dedicated P3Dv3 server immediately. That second P3Dv3 Academic server license is still available but I haven't the time nor clear objectives for a sensible reinstallation of a dedicated P3Dv3 server. Additionally, per an agreement between Karl and myself with other knowledgeable members and staff in attendance, it was decided that BigBox will not continue to host a DAFSIM server. BigBox has never hosted an FSD server but is available for such a need. BigBox continues to have a VRS TacPack license on BOTH its FSX classic and FSX Steam installations and BigBox will continue to host those needs immediately after my return to Las Vegas (Henderson, actually) on 27 December.
            Respects, Bob ...

Comment

I've been glancing at all the problems on the P3D forums and decided to go with the "if it isn't broke, don't mess with it" scenario.

My v3 is stable, looks pretty good, and works perfectly on the FSD server. I'll leave well alone for a while. But thanks Waterman981 for the heads up!!!!!

Bobby
              “We deliver anything to the people there—food, mail, the morning paper, the afternoon paper, laundry, refrigerators, Christmas trees, just about anything that will fit in an airplane.”

Comment

Ed Correia

Life Member
                Ed Correia
                Administrators
                5,200 posts
                Order #:N/A

ID: 1 Posted 23 hours ago · Report post

All, please note that the ObjectFlow DLL is yet to be made compatible for the 3.1 update of P3D.

Our recommendation for now is to stick with 3.0 if you wish to still use ObjectFlow and wait till its been made compatible.

If you have already updated, you will need to click the "Don't Run" button on the warning message that pops up when starting P3D.

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/top...comment-970655
                CaseyRyback59/Andreas
                Staff Member
                VA-Manager

Comment

OK Guy's, you can go ahead with updating to V3.1. The new ObjectFlow.dll is available....
                  Ed Correia

Life Member
                  Ed Correia
                  Administrators
                  5,203 posts
                  Order #:N/A

ID: 37 Posted 1 hour ago · Report post

New DLL is available for 3.1, simply launch P3D and you should see the ObjectFlow update message. If not, you can use ObjectFlowUpdate located in the Orbx\Scripts folder.
                  CaseyRyback59/Andreas
                  Staff Member
                  VA-Manager

Comment

ASN has an Beta update for v3.1 out now, too.

Merry Chrismas to all
                    CaseyRyback59/Andreas
                    Staff Member
                    VA-Manager

Comment

Sweet! Those were the 2 things I was waiting for. Thanks for the heads up!
                      - Michael

Comment

Thanks for the info. I decided to update the Client msi only (Content and Scenery was to minor to fuss with) and the install went fine. Pretty decent improvements and no problem with the install. Took all of 5 minutes.

Thanks again.
                        “We deliver anything to the people there—food, mail, the morning paper, the afternoon paper, laundry, refrigerators, Christmas trees, just about anything that will fit in an airplane.”

Comment

Hello. Well I FINALLY bought P3DV3.1 and I am having teething problems with it. First of all I installed it in its own 400 gigabit partition and not being familiar with the product think this might be the problem. I also installed the SDK to the same partition.
                          MY TIR WILL NOT WORK????? I don't know why. Reading the Lockheed Martin forum there are folks that say it works and others that say it does not work in 3.1. Someone suggested run the sim connect exe in the REDIST folder and it will fix it. I did!! and no TIR.???
                          Does this sim use FSUIPC??? If it does that might be the problem. Anyway can someone help the sim looks very promising.

Comment

yes , FSUIPC is recommend. http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html thats for shure, TIR no clue, not using maybye some of the other P3D Users know something about it.
                            CaseyRyback59/Andreas
                            Staff Member
                            VA-Manager

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
                            Who has read this thread:
                            Working...
                            X