• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prepar3D v2.2 Breaks Through – Now Available for Download

[CUT & PASTE from Prepar3D Developer Blog @}

http://www.prepar3d.com/news/2014/04/4944/

04-07-14

Today Announces the Release of the Second Update of Prepar3D v2

Updates to Prepar3D v2.2 are available in both a patch to an existing v2.1 installation, or as a new installer from yourPurchased Downloads page. If you are a current Prepar3D v2 user, as with all v2 updates, there is no charge to upgrade.

[END CUT & PASTE]

The entry on the P3D Developer's Blog goes on at length explaining and detailing version 2.2's fixes, enhancements and changes. There abides screenshots illustrating version 2.2 enhancements also on this blog.
    Respects, Bob ...

Downloading now!

Edit: Ooooh! They did disable AA on clouds! That should really help performance! That's an exciting addition!
    - Michael
    Check out my cockpit build!

Comment

Keep us posted on your results. I'm itching to do a little multiplayer with P3Dv2

Comment

Wilco, Karl. I can not devote time to P3Dv2.2 now and therefore, I trust Waterman will apprise us all of functionality. I can not upgrade and reconfigure BigBox server at this time for a 24/7 dependable P3Dv2 multiplayer host but I will do so as soon as real life adventures permit. I SHOULD be able to redirect forwarded ports on my router to my client side installation (on ASUS box) much sooner for experimental P3Dv2.2 multiplayer flight. I have not yet more than briefly scanned the P3Dv2.2 changelog. My initial P3Dv2.2 reinstallation on ASUS will be virgin (no addons) for a week or so and will be a complete reinstall as opposed to running the update patch .msi. I'll stay in touch on these P3Dv2.2 multiplayer efforts.
        Respects, Bob ...

Comment

2.2 Hotfix to fix the flight planner crash: http://www.prepar3d.com/forum-5/?min...ewtopic&t=6453

Ok gotta go... more P3D 2.2 to fly (Especially with SAK released today along with 2 payware airports (PAYA and 11S)).
          - Michael
          Check out my cockpit build!

Comment

Thank you Waterman for the heads up on that.

2.2 is excellent isn't it !!!

R.I.P. FSX

Comment

With Version 2.2 I have shadows turned on at max settings(everything casting and receiving). I do not see a difference in FPS even with shadows turned off. I have antialiasing turned on and set to 8 and I do not see a loss in FPS. I have textures set to 4096 and I do not see a loss in FPS. The only thing that affects my frame rate is the amount of clouds and the distance they are rendered.

With the new version I can set my Affinity mask to 255(all 8 threads) with no more stuttering and my textures are loaded instantly so no blurries.

I love the new shadows cast by the clouds....just remember to set the cloud map level as high as you can...I have it set to Ultra...it really makes a difference in quality of shadow.

Specs:
              Intel i7 920 @ 3.2Ghz Hyperthreading active
              6 Gigs Ram
              Evga Nvidia 760 FTW GTX 4gig DDR5
              [img]http://www.msflights.net/pilots/phpvms/lib/signatures/MSF0027.png[/img]

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
              Who has read this thread:
              Working...
              X