X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FSX: Steam Edition Hosting a Multiplayer Session
    14. April - DTG_Martin
    Over the last few days we have seen several comments from players in the FSX: Steam Edition community stating that they have experienced unexpected errors when trying to host a multiplayer session. We looked into these reports and would like to thank everyone who has taken the time to get in touch with us regarding this matter.

The cause of this issue was an update that Valve released for the Steam desktop client on the 9th of April. Yesterday Valve confirmed this stating that the update could cause a “crash which affected dedicated servers for some multi-player games”. They have now released a second update which corrects these crashes and installing it is expected to return multiplayer functionality in FSX: Steam Edition to normal.

The update will automatically download and install through Steam however you may need to restart your Steam client if this is not happening for you. The full changelog for the update can be found here on the Steam website

Thank you for your patience,

Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition Team
    Dovetail Games
    http://steamcommunity.com/games/fsxs...34440290419018
    CaseyRyback59/Andreas
    Staff Member
    VA-Manager

Comment

I don't know if I'm the only one but it seems when i try to fly my A2A P-51 Civ it doesn't like to rudder left or right even while in the air. It also might be another issue with A2A that needs a patch.
      Student Private Pilot

Comment

well, allway's checking for patches for payware aircrafts is recomment, but with your rudder, pls check the reality settings in fsx. might be you have autorudder marked.
        CaseyRyback59/Andreas
        Staff Member
        VA-Manager

Comment

Originally posted by CaseyRyback53 View Post
          Yesterday Valve confirmed this stating that the update could cause a “crash which affected dedicated servers for some multi-player games”. They have now released a second update which corrects these crashes and installing it is expected to return multiplayer functionality in FSX: Steam Edition to normal.
          Thanks for the good news Casey! Bob, have you tried to host after this steam update? The problem with the AU server is that some people have reported that they can't even see the server...I'm guessing if a servers ping is too high it might not even show up in the list.

Comment

Lol Kalo, i see the AU but the update just comes NOW!!!

http://steamcommunity.com/app/314160...scn=1429022972

DTG_Martin [Entwickler] 13. Apr. um 16:31 Uhr
            FSX: Steam Edition New Open beta [Official]
            Tuesday 14/04/2015

The open beta for the latest Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition update is now live. The beta will run for seven days (14/04/2015 – 21/04/2015) and will allow players to provide feedback about the update before it is released.

Please find below the full changelog for the update

Offline Mode

Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition can now be used in Steam’s Offline Mode. Multiplayer features can not be accessed whilst in this mode.

Multiplayer Fixes

VoIP communication is now using the correct device identified in “Settings”.
            During mission-based Multiplayer flights, if the host has activated the “Anti-Cheat” flag, users who have modified their aircraft are immediately disconnected without affecting other users.
            The Steam “Invite to Game” feature will now work by buffering the request until the user enters the Multiplayer menu.
            Players are prompted to use the Steam Client to invite a user from the Multiplayer menu to become a friend on Steam.
            On the Multiplayer Session and lobby screens, the text in the “Weather” section is now aligned correctly.

User Interface Updates

If “Show Saved Flights” is enabled, the time stamps on the saved flight data will now show the correct time the flight was saved.
            The HTML content in displayed in some windows (e.g. tutorials, mission help, etc) now uses Internet Explorer in IE9 compatibility mode, rather than IE8.
            On the Multiplayer Session screen, the host's user name is now shown.
            On the Multiplayer Session screen, “In Briefing Room” is now shown prior to the session starting .

Stability Updates

Potential causes of the terrain.dll crashes experienced by some users has been corrected.
            Some compatibility issues encountered by third party add-ons that use SimConnect have been resolved

If you would like to install the update please do the following:

Open Steam
            Open the Library tab
            Right click on Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition (which must already be installed)
            Select Properties from the menu
            Select the Beta tab at the top
            In the password field, type – g2613flight2015
            Click the Check Code button
            From the drop down menu, select g2613build - 2015-03-31 version
            FSX: Steam Edition will now update
            In the Steam Library, your game will be listed as Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition [g2613build]

The process should consist of a 16.9mb download.

You can opt out of the beta at any time by doing the following:

Open Steam
            Open the Library tab
            Right click on Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition [g2613build]
            Select Properties from the menu
            Select the Beta tab at the top
            From the drop down menu, select NONE - Opt out of all beta programs
            FSX: Steam Edition will now update back to the LIVE version of the software
            In the Steam Library, your game will be listed as Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition

Providing feedback

Please leave any feedback relating to the beta in this thread. Feedback in other threads may not be considered. We are interested in collecting feedback during the beta relating to follow topics only:

1. Any crashes that you experience
            2. Any functions which are not working as expected but worked prior to installing the update. In other words did the update break anything?
            3. Anything listed in the update notes which does not appear to be fixed or functioning as expected.

Please note: At this time we are not focusing on fixes which are not listed in the update notes or which fall outside of the scope of this update.

Monday 13/04/2015

Tomorrow (14th April 2015) we are planning to release an update for Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition into open beta. The open beta will run for seven days and allow players to provide feedback about the updated before it is released through Steam to all FSX: Steam Edition players. The beta is open to everyone however you will need to own FSX: Steam Edition to take part.

We will be publishing further details regarding the open beta and the exact content of the update tomorrow. Please keep an eye on this thread for more news coming soon.
            And make shure you run the latest FSUIPC4 4.939j from http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html
            CaseyRyback59/Andreas
            Staff Member
            VA-Manager

Comment

To Kalo and CaseyRyback specifically, the Steam server interested staff in general: I will try Steam hosting again today. I will put aside real life demands as much as possible to test the new Steam client patch as well as the new FSX Steam platform patch. I will need all of the day to download and install these Steam patches. Truthfully, I am working on the PREPAR3D v2.5 server configuration and testing up until all this was published. I don't have the time to read the Steam FSX forums and so I so appreciate Casey, ZeroKool and others who are keeping me apprised as to actionable announcements, patch publication and user comments on those forums.

On a side note, my PREPAR3D server installation is stable for 24 hours now. I haven't solicited public test connections but Captain Redneck can connect, ATPJET in Philippines CAN NOT connect. I will solicit some P3Dv2.5 test connections from our community when I am ready but, in deference to the community wishes and server needs, I'll work on FSX Steam North American server first. I still solicit some other patient and experienced Steam FSX pilot to consider taking over the community's North American FSX Steam server hosting and administration, at least for that time it will take me to develop a P3Dv2.5 server. I will host both when I can install a host computer at BOTH my Seattle IP as well as my Henderson IP.

Additionally, the Steam client update referred to in Casey's post # 31, the date of April 9th quoted therein coincides exactly with the initial failure of my ability to Steam host. That one only cost me two days of my life that I really didn't have to spare. Frustration borne of that inability to Steam host is what sent me on a P3Dv2.5 host configuration crusade.
              Respects, Bob ...

Comment

Just to clear an error of mine, FSUIPC4 has another update , now it called 4.939k, sorry....
                CaseyRyback59/Andreas
                Staff Member
                VA-Manager

Comment

FSX:Steam ~msFLIGHTS.net~ N.A. server is back ON LINE

We are again able to host a North American based FSX:Steam Edition server due to the recent Steam client patch fix. A faulty Steam client patch from April 9th had knocked our BigBox Henderson NV based FSX:Steam server (as well as many other host servers, apparently) off line with a fatal error condition experienced ONLY when attempting to connect multiplayer as a host. The first line of Steam's client patch fix change log reads as follows:

[BEGIN QUOTE]

NOTE: this update was re-released on 4/13 to address a crash which affected dedicated servers for some multi-player games.

[CLOSE QUOTE]

It is my intention to host this FSX:Steam server 24/7 until further notice. Please see subsequent posts later today in this compatability guide thread for further details on the current status of our community's FSX:Steam configuration and facilities as well as further developments regarding that specific topic.

Our community's current North American host server is titled "~ms FLIGHTS .net~ N.A. beta 2613". The FSX:Steam application is running under Dovetail's beta build g2613. Member Trixter38 has already joined so the server must be working. I will update my personal client side FSX:Steam installation to build g2613 beta and do some client side testing. The current server is located at Henderson, Nevada. All servers hosted by this community out of Henderson (sequentially, not concurrently unfortunately) are installed on BigBox computer. Required hosting router ports, including the Steam required 27016 are forwarded to BigBox. I'll publish a TeamViewer reminder to the very helpful and competent TeamViewer authorized staff soon, individually, but the numbers and password have not changed. CaseyRyback has already successfully TeamViewered in with the historic ID and password.
                  Respects, Bob ...

Comment

Well, i decided to host a EU server for a couple of day's, so i will use the msflight settings like AU and NA have. For testing i will use my Daytime UTC+2.
                    CaseyRyback59/Andreas
                    Staff Member
                    VA-Manager

Comment

Latest New's about the Steam-Beta g2613,
                      DTG_Martin [Entwickler] 8 hours ago
                      Update

The FSX: Steam Edition open beta has now come to an end and we will not be collecting any more feedback at this time. We would like to say a big thank you to everyone who has taken part in the beta. We really couldn't do it without all of your hard work and support.

Although the beta has finished you can continue to use the beta build of FSX: Steam Edition. Our plan is to leave the beta build of the game up until the update is launched to everyone. Please note however that we may have to take it down for further development. This may occur without prior warning.

Once again, the beta version of FSX: Steam Edition will remain available for the time being, however access to it maybe withdrawn at a later date.

Thanks again to everyone who has taken part,

- Martin
                      CaseyRyback59/Andreas
                      Staff Member
                      VA-Manager

Comment

Steam FSX update released today!

Dovetail Games is pleased to announce that today (23/04/2015) we have released a new update for Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition.

The update will download and install automatically through Steam. You may need to restart Steam if the process does not start automatically. The full changelog for the update can be found below.

Changelog

Offline Mode:
                        Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition can now be used in Steam’s Offline Mode. Note that multiplayer features cannot be accessed whilst in this mode.

Multiplayer Fixes:
                        VoIP communication is now using the correct device identified in “Settings”.
                        During mission-based Multiplayer flights, if the host has activated the “Anti-Cheat” flag, users who have modified their aircraft are immediately disconnected without affecting other users.
                        The Steam “Invite to Game” feature will now work by buffering the request until the user enters the Multiplayer menu.
                        Players are prompted to use the Steam Client to invite a user from the Multiplayer menu to become a friend on Steam.
                        On the Multiplayer Session and lobby screens, the text in the “Weather” section is now aligned correctly.

User Interface Updates:
                        If “Show Saved Flights” is enabled, the time stamps on the saved flight data will now show the correct time the flight was saved.
                        The HTML content in displayed in some windows (e.g. tutorials, mission help, etc) now uses Internet Explorer in IE9 compatibility mode, rather than IE8.
                        On the Multiplayer Session screen, the host's user name is now shown.
                        On the Multiplayer Session screen, “In Briefing Room” is now shown prior to the session starting .
                        The fallback mission image has been updated for FSX:SE. This is only displayed if a mission does not provide it's own image.
                        New Community page added. One of the things that you’ll notice after the update is that every time you start FSX: Steam Edition, it will display the community news page. We're doing this to keep you up to date with all the latest news, patches, developments and offers for FSX: Steam Edition. We want to keep you informed of the great things we are doing

Stability Updates:
                        Potential causes of the terrain.dll crashes experienced by some users has been corrected. A theoretical deadlock where a game may hang for several minutes before either crashing or being terminated by Windows has been corrected. This is a potential cause of the terrain.dll crashes experienced by some users.
                        Some compatibility issues encountered by third party add-ons that use SimConnect have been resolved
                        Fixed crash in G3D.dll caused by certain add-ons
                        Fixed crashes in UI.dll
                        Kneeboards & Checklists now display correctly
                        The configuration file AFFINITYMASK value is now correctly calculated for all Core i3, i5 and i7 generation Intel CPUs.

Support for problem analysis
                        We now include some additional debugging info that can be captured by the DebugView tool to help with Host Disconnection errors. If a player experiences the "Host has lost connection to the host" problem, they can download and install the DebugView tool, then start DebugView before running FSX:SE. If a "Host has lost connection" message is received the log output from DebugView can then be sent for analysis.
                        Added support for Mini-Dumps. If you are now unfortunate enough to experience a game crash, the system will now attempt to save a mini-dump to disk. These mini-dumps are automatically uploaded to Steam and allow us to obtain debug information about the crash that has occurred. No private or user information is contained within a mini-dump. Using mini-dumps, we can understand what has gone wrong and this greatly speeds up our ability to provide fixes and improvements.

Support for Xpack version of SimConnect:
                        Xpack, the version of SimConnect that was supplied with the FSX Acceleration Pack, has always been delivered as part of FSX:SE, we are just now installing this by default rather than making it an optional install. This is to provide additional compatibility with some third party add-ons.

Known issues:
                        During our extensive community beta testing we discovered one problem which we still need to fix. However, rather than delay the release of the update, there is a work-around for you to use until an additional fix is released.
                        Problem description: If the host of a multiplayer session sends an invite to a friend to participate in a private game, the invitation request will fail.
                        As a work-a-round, players are advised to do one of the following:
                        (a) Create a public game with a password. When sending the player the invitation, follow it up with a direct message that provides the password for them to use.
                        (b) Create a private game. Send your friend a direct message with your public IP address that your friend can use in the Direct Connect screen to connect to your server.

Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition Team
                        Dovetail Games

Comment

Fantastic, thanks for posting the patch notes!

Comment

First FSX:SE Video from Dovetail on Twitch Stream... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4-eiwSDRS0
                            CaseyRyback59/Andreas
                            Staff Member
                            VA-Manager

Comment

http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html FSUIPC4 4.939n Out Now!!
                              CaseyRyback59/Andreas
                              Staff Member
                              VA-Manager

Comment

And here comes the biggest surprise

https://fsxinsider.com/orbx-scenery-...steam-edition/
                                CaseyRyback59/Andreas
                                Staff Member
                                VA-Manager

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
                                Who has read this thread:
                                Working...
                                X