Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Release Notes (1.12.13.0) Sim Update 2 Now Available! (HUGE UPDATE!)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Release Notes (1.12.13.0) Sim Update 2 Now Available! (HUGE UPDATE!)

A huge update this week including VR.
    Client was 1 GiB and the sim was 14.77 GiB which did take at least 5 minutes for me with good internet.

Official information here:
    https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t...ailable/337875

To sum it up:
    - It took more effort than should be required.
    - However, it took as much effort as would be expected.
    - And, it was WORTH IT!

Once you get your rig configured, VR in MSFS is the bombdiggity (for lack of a better word).

At first, the game said it downloaded and installed my update in no more than 3 seconds... I didn't believe it, so I re-started the sim. Of course, THEN it downloaded and installed the full update.

I did lose some (funny--not all) of my custom keyboard bindings. I did have to set my Oculus program's settings to use the Beta software update(s) (else it wouldn't center my viewpoint correctly). I did have to modify a setting in Oculus' unadvertised Debug executable to remove the "FOV Stencil" (else a black... stencil... obstructed my view). I then found that I could crank the VR settings pretty high and still not have a 'bad' experience (I'm used to trading Frames for Quality, erring on the Quality side most of the time).

Oculus Rift CV1 on a 9700K @ 5.0GHz All-Core and RTX 2070 Super.

Good luck to all who try it, and enjoy!

P.S.- Don't forget to get your free liveries in the Marketplace.
    Take the time, a second to soar; for soon after, beckons a second more.

Comment

Your installation and configuration tips will, undoubtedly, prove essential Wingman. I do not expect the success you have achieved because of my antiquated hardware (GTX 1080, i7-7700K). I have an Occulus Rift CV-1 installed and running fine in other games (never attempted VR in any of my sims). I read that my H-P Reverb G2 is in town at the UPS depot and is scheduled to arrive tomorrow. Much to my displeasure, I have not yet been able to obtain a desirable GPU (Nvidia RTX 3090 or AMD RX 6900 XT). I will at this point await the availability of either of these GPUs or possibly an RTX 3080Ti. The funds for a new PC build sit in the cookie jar. This has been a most frustrating fall (the season) for me for hardware acquisition but now a few items, paid for months ago, are now starting to arrive (Honeycomb yoke is here, VR headset and Honeycomb throttle are inbound).

Thank you for your VR installation tips, Wingman.
      Respects, Bob ...

Comment

I only had a short period of time to deal with it. Definitely like it.

I do have this window in my field of view that I find to be a nuisance. First next step to to get rid of that. Any idea of what window that I have highlighted is that shows up in multiple a/c?

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
          Any idea of what window that I have highlighted is that shows up in multiple a/c?
          That looks exactly like the "FOV Stencil" I mentioned above. It's disable-able by going to Oculus' Debug executable, and turning the Stencil from "Auto" to "Off". See the first 4 steps in: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t...arounds/337930 (below)
          1. Go to the Oculus Debug tool (Default folder should be C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics)
          2. Open the Oculus Debug Tool
          3. Turn the option “Use FOV Stencil” to Off
          4. Disable/enable VR in MSFS
          Take the time, a second to soar; for soon after, beckons a second more.

Comment

Originally posted by Wingman View Post

That looks exactly like the "FOV Stencil" I mentioned above. It's disable-able by going to Oculus' Debug executable, and turning the Stencil from "Auto" to "Off".
            Ah, I just scanned the thread and didn't catch that. Thanks. I will do this.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
            Who has read this thread:
            Working...
            X