Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Request for input into what you would like to see in future MS Flight events.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Request for input into what you would like to see in future MS Flight events.

Please help the Flying Tigers Squadron plan future MS Flight events.

We would like to get your opinions on what aircraft and/or locations you would like. The first event is this Thursday, 5/16/2013 on the Big Island of Hawaii using the PT-17 Stearman. This is an event anyone can joint since everything you need is FREE, including the default aircraft.

NOTE:The Red Tails P-51D is/was also FREE, but I am not certain it still is FREE.

I know many of you may have purchased some/most/all of the DLC for MS Flight, and might be interested in events that require more than the FREE stuff. So here are some possibilities.

1. Events using the Hawaiian Adventure Pack -- All the islands and the Van's RV-6 (one of my favorite aircraft). This DLC has proved to be a "must have" for me! Great islands with great scenery, more aerocaches, inter-island flying, RV-6, the main island, more missions, and more challenges.

2. Events using Warbirds with no cockpits!
    A. Vought Corsair F4U - Major interest from ACE here!
    B. Curtiss P-40 - Major interest from the Rob Drew Squadron here!
    C. Mitsubishi A6M2 Zero - Major interest from Storm here!
    D. North American P-51D - everyone usually has the Red Tails version, and it seems to be the first warbird we use.

3. Maule M7-269-C. This one is a class by itself, and appears to be an acquired taste. It is usually used by the Clandestine crowd.

4. Events using the Alaskan Wilderness Pack (needed for many of the newer Aerocaches). You also get the "uncockpit" version of the Carbon Cub.
    The Alaskan Wilderness Pack represents a significant increase in the land area and number of airports available to fly. It is probably the most under utilized DLC in Flight which merits future event usage.

5. Events using the Carbon Cub DLX (with cockpit and GPS!). This is a favorite of AndyRoo and most of the rest of the Flying Tigers Squadron.
    This guy can land practically anywhere, and is great in Alaska. Definitely the most underrated aircraft by those who crave more powerful/fast aircraft.

6. Last (but no least for me) the Curtiss C-46 Commando. It does not have a cockpit, and is a bear to handle on the ground, especially on small airstrips.
    It's other less than admirable characteristics is that turning it and landing it takes a little more patience and planning that the average aircraft.
    However it is one my favorite aircraft in MS Flight (along with the RV-6 and the Zero), and I use it on almost all my Clandestine Cargo missions.

So that is my view of some of the different things to focu on on when planning future MS Flight events.

Please let me know what you favor, and would like to see in any future MS Flight event.

We are trying to find a balance between the FREE and DLC required type of events.

Thanks,
    Coast

PS: Use your imagination. We could have multiple warbirds, and/or different GA aircraft together. And do not forget the Icon A-5, slow, simple to fly, GPS, and water landing capable.
    "Having fun with friends! "

Well, of course, the defaults will always be there. But I've got a few ideas.

1: Mock dogfights. I think these could be a fun thing to do, especially in canyons and around Honolulu, weaving through buildings. I know a little while back this group had a Pearl Harbor re-enactment, with P-40s and Zeros, so I think that might be a nice thing to do.

2: Group jobs. These can work for both default planes, doing tours/burger runs, and DLC can be used for cargo/PAX jobs. Of course, there's no guarantee that everyone will have the same job board, and those that don't can simply fly with us.

3: Island/City hops. I think this could be kind of a weekly/bi-weekly kind of thing. Each week, we could fly to a different island in Hawaii, or a different city in Alaska, with some hops in the middle. In Hawaii, we could fly from Kaluhui, Kalaupapa, or however it's spelled, and then to Molokai. Alaskan ones could be Skagway-Juneau-Ketchikan. We could fly them on certain days of the week, since these hops probably don't take very long, depending on the plane.

Comment

Comment

Nice work Storm! You know you just got a new job as the official MS Flight events graphics' designer. Congratulations and we are looking forward to many new works from you for future events!

Thanks.

Comment

Oh, now you're giving me ideas!
          [I][FONT=Arial]MS Flight Event Organizer & Repainter
          World of Warplanes SUPER ACE/Trainer[/FONT][/I]
          [IMG]http://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/a554/F50ACE/Raptor_zpse484ee75.gif[/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by Pandanator View Post
            Well, of course, the defaults will always be there. But I've got a few ideas.

1: Mock dogfights. I think these could be a fun thing to do, especially in canyons and around Honolulu, weaving through buildings. I know a little while back this group had a Pearl Harbor re-enactment, with P-40s and Zeros, so I think that might be a nice thing to do.

2: Group jobs. These can work for both default planes, doing tours/burger runs, and DLC can be used for cargo/PAX jobs. Of course, there's no guarantee that everyone will have the same job board, and those that don't can simply fly with us.

3: Island/City hops. I think this could be kind of a weekly/bi-weekly kind of thing. Each week, we could fly to a different island in Hawaii, or a different city in Alaska, with some hops in the middle. In Hawaii, we could fly from Kaluhui, Kalaupapa, or however it's spelled, and then to Molokai. Alaskan ones could be Skagway-Juneau-Ketchikan. We could fly them on certain days of the week, since these hops probably don't take very long, depending on the plane.
            I really like 2 and 3. Those are the things that were at the beginnings of the group. I am tired of the big island though....
            - Michael
            Check out my cockpit build!

Comment

Most of the Air-Racing events I've been planning take place in Alaska and I hope to have a special set of liveries for that event.

Also, we could do airport hops in Alaska, and see how many we can do in a few hours, etc.
              [IMG]http://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/a554/F50ACE/Raptor_zpse484ee75.gif[/IMG]

Comment

There's an area NNE of Anchorage, over Knik Arm, that's knee-deep in tiny airstrips (and where the scenery always reminds me of Sweden). I find that area superb for strip-hopping.

Check here to see if the Red Tail P-51 is still free.

And, personally, I just like exploring, especially in the RV. I remember sauntering around the Alaskan coast with Idleline and finding a disused but perfectly usable airstrip less than a mile to the WSW of the main Golovin airport (PAGL/GLV). For me, those discoveries are the magic of Flight.

Comment

I think events that feature multiple different events within them would be great. A little variety may get more interest.

Comment

Originally posted by F50ACE View Post
                    I think events that feature multiple different events within them would be great. A little variety may get more interest.
                    Maybe something like the recent DC-3 flight, where we each have different groups and all come together to one airport? I think that would be a cool thing, but the problem might be the groups, 4 groups of 4 doesn't sound that exciting.

Comment

I think the next thing to do event-wise in Flight is the city/island hops in Hawaii and Alaska. Those should be easy to setup.

Also, we could set a goal to land at every airport in Hawaii and Alaska.

Comment

Originally posted by F50ACE View Post
                        Also, we could set a goal to land at every airport in Hawaii and Alaska.

Why?!

Comment

You don't like a challenge? It would be fun exploring Alaska by landing at every airport.

Comment

I just posted info for a upcoming MSF group flight for a Hawaiian Island/Airport hop.

Comment

Thanks for getting another event started in MS Flight. Hopefully the input we receive from the community will help us put together better and more intersting events in the future.

As for your event this Thursday, there are a number of diffoptions you can pick, and here is suggection only

A four airport (2 on each island) flight:
                              <div id="sv_3937" style="width: 200px; height: 200px;"><a href="http://skyvector.com/">FBO Directory</a> at SkyVector.com</div><script src="http://skyvector.com/perl/lchart?ll=21.548642571292955,-158.50048828209938&amp;s=3&amp;c=sv_3937&amp;i=301 " type="text/javascript"></script>

There are plenty more options to slect, and I for one will be in the C-46.

Coast

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
                              Who has read this thread:
                              Working...
                              X