•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F50ACE
    replied
    Hey Rob Dunn,

Kitty responded asking what type of events, and I told her that we're still in the "brainstorming" phase. She said to keep her in the loop and "we" can definitely talk about it. About Delafina, that is her gamertag as well, I just did a quick lookup.

Leave a comment:

• jj2414
    replied
    Originally posted by ROBERT DUNN 2 View Post

jj, my old friend from MSFlightforumUK, what do you mean by "you guys" and is "here" msFLIGHTS.net?
    Guys.....Flying Tigers........Here......yes msFlights.net.

Leave a comment:

• ROBERT DUNN 2
    replied
    F50, Delafina was the original main customer coordinator lady for Microsoft Flight before and in the earlier days of Stone's and Loki's tenure. She left Microsoft a month before the plug was pulled on Ms Flight. Her departure was the first indication that we followers had that something was amiss at Microsoft Flight. She assured us all (as she was required to) that her departure was just a career move, nothing to do with the future of MS Flight, yada yada yada. I admired her loyalty to her NDA and employment contract. She worked for a third party subcontractor for Microsoft before coming on as a direct Microsoft employee. She was very good at her job.

Not knowing any different, assuming the "gamertag" was a last name or something, I addresses her as "Mr. Delafina" in one of my correspondence posts to her at Steam and also on AVSIM. I was roundly and humorously corrected by the general memberships at those two forums and publicly and graciously forgiven by Delefina. She is Jessica Price, publicly identifying herself later in her Facebook account and, last I heard from her she was a department head at a MMO role playing publisher back east which she prefers that I don't name publicly.

robo, you're very welcome. I enjoy our chats. Altho I've spoken to Coast, I've not addressed him as a Flying Tigers leader 'cause I didn't know that he was. I look forward to chatting with him on TS and reading from him here on the forum.

Leave a comment:

• robochicken
    replied
    thamk you very much for the warm welcome!!!!!!!!
    Originally posted by ROBERT DUNN 2 View Post
    May I echo my good friend WarHawK's welcome. Yes, at least historically and at least within Col. Drew's veteran squadron, a party was held nightly. Welcome then to the Flying Tigers.

I believe the core admins are considering and discussing in what way a cohesive preexisting group such as the Flying Tigers Microsoft Flight Squadron might meld itself with the resources and community here at msFLIGHTS.net. Current discussions in which I've taken part seem to center around the Flying Tigers' internal moderation and administration and how such administration will relate to the existing msFLIGHTS.net administration structure. I approached your group as well as the existing Rob Drew veterans seeking indication of those Microsoft Flight specific members' desires for our Flight specific TeamSpeak channel and our Microsoft Flight forum section of our website. Our iconic and historic MS Flight leader and administrator, Lt. Col. Drew, has been absent for some time and I in particular and the core admins in general wondered how we might assist those GFWL platform specific members to best achieve their simming goals with our resources and and in conjuction with our community leadership.

In the discussion of Sunday evening, April 21st which was attended by several members of the Flying Tigers, some Col. Drew veterans and two of our core admins as well as myself, we reached several agreements and proposed further dsicussions and planning. An exploratory restructuring of the Microsoft Flight section of our TeamSpeak was instituted on the reccomendations of the Tigers and Col. Drew's veterans by Wingman on the spot, at that time. Those present expressed their ideas on the use of the forum Microsoft Flight section, which had remained essentially unused since it's original creation. I believe ak (ak416) will be working on a reconstruction of the forum after a more clear idea of what may be required comes forth after further discussions. I am personally pleased to see the Tigers using this forum space to make us all aware of your intentions, requirements and desires. I encourage (again) those from Col. Drew's original veterans' squadron to use the Microsoft Flight section of our forum to make our community aware of what you're doing and where you want to go. We would be most pleased to further read of your ideas on your use of the community's excellent resources and good name.

Additionally, I personally would encourage our core admins, moderators and general membership to use this Microsoft Flight forum to express their ideas on this proposed restructuring of that Microsoft Flight section of our community. What are your ideas, proposals, questions, hopes, plans and requirements then on this specific subject? My question here is directed at all of the community as well as those directly involved.

Leave a comment:

• F50ACE
    replied
    Yea Rob,

I've been sending her the pics of my repaints to use on the MSF news page. You will see some of them if you look through the archives. I know who Stone and Loki are but not Delafina.

Leave a comment:

• ROBERT DUNN 2
    replied
    Thanks, F50. I guess its good to have a relationship with the designated Microsoft Flight official management. Let us all know how that works out, what Kitty says to you in reply and the word on your flight. It's good to see this long neglected corner of our forum (Microsoft Flight) being used again. I don't personally know Kitty but I used to talk frequently with Delafina, Stone and Loki. I even had opportunity to insult Delafina's gender over on Steam forum and AVSIM. Long story, ask me sometime.

jj, my old friend from MSFlightforumUK, what do you mean by "you guys" and is "here" msFLIGHTS.net?

Leave a comment:

• jj2414
    replied
    Originally posted by F50ACE View Post
    Hey Guys,

I just talked with Rob Dunn about MSF events and forwarding them to Kittychix aka MSF director. I just sent her an email regarding MSF events and I'll see what she thinks.

Also, I glad to be part of this great forum!

Now comes the hard part, creating and successfully organizing them!

ACE aka F50ACE
    Lol I knew you guys would eventually show up here.

Leave a comment:

• F50ACE
    replied
    Hey Guys,

I just talked with Rob Dunn about MSF events and forwarding them to Kittychix aka MSF director. I just sent her an email regarding MSF events and I'll see what she thinks.

Also, I glad to be part of this great forum!

Now comes the hard part, creating and successfully organizing them!

ACE aka F50ACE

Leave a comment:

• Pandanator
    replied
    Very happy to see both of these groups cooperating to make a bigger, better simming experience! Looking forward to many flights with everyone!

Leave a comment:

• DeathseekerDXC
    replied
    Interesting...
    There are now 2 squadrons on Microsoft Flight!

Leave a comment:

• Wingman
    replied
    Welcome!

Can't beat that enthusiasm. . .

Be sure to create calendar events for your flights so we all know when to hop on and join you. . . from the homepage, click "Add New Event" (right below Upcoming Flights).

Lookin' forward to some Flight-time. Those were, after all, the "good ole' days" from which we originated. (Not that the stuff we get to see and do in FSX pales in comparison -- I mean, 30+ C-47s all in formation and landing together?!? C'mon! )

'Til then, happy flying!

Leave a comment:

• ROBERT DUNN 2
    replied
    May I echo my good friend WarHawK's welcome. Yes, at least historically and at least within Col. Drew's veteran squadron, a party was held nightly. Welcome then to the Flying Tigers.

I believe the core admins are considering and discussing in what way a cohesive preexisting group such as the Flying Tigers Microsoft Flight Squadron might meld itself with the resources and community here at msFLIGHTS.net. Current discussions in which I've taken part seem to center around the Flying Tigers' internal moderation and administration and how such administration will relate to the existing msFLIGHTS.net administration structure. I approached your group as well as the existing Rob Drew veterans seeking indication of those Microsoft Flight specific members' desires for our Flight specific TeamSpeak channel and our Microsoft Flight forum section of our website. Our iconic and historic MS Flight leader and administrator, Lt. Col. Drew, has been absent for some time and I in particular and the core admins in general wondered how we might assist those GFWL platform specific members to best achieve their simming goals with our resources and and in conjuction with our community leadership.

In the discussion of Sunday evening, April 21st which was attended by several members of the Flying Tigers, some Col. Drew veterans and two of our core admins as well as myself, we reached several agreements and proposed further dsicussions and planning. An exploratory restructuring of the Microsoft Flight section of our TeamSpeak was instituted on the reccomendations of the Tigers and Col. Drew's veterans by Wingman on the spot, at that time. Those present expressed their ideas on the use of the forum Microsoft Flight section, which had remained essentially unused since it's original creation. I believe ak (ak416) will be working on a reconstruction of the forum after a more clear idea of what may be required comes forth after further discussions. I am personally pleased to see the Tigers using this forum space to make us all aware of your intentions, requirements and desires. I encourage (again) those from Col. Drew's original veterans' squadron to use the Microsoft Flight section of our forum to make our community aware of what you're doing and where you want to go. We would be most pleased to further read of your ideas on your use of the community's excellent resources and good name.

Additionally, I personally would encourage our core admins, moderators and general membership to use this Microsoft Flight forum to express their ideas on this proposed restructuring of that Microsoft Flight section of our community. What are your ideas, proposals, questions, hopes, plans and requirements then on this specific subject? My question here is directed at all of the community as well as those directly involved.

Leave a comment:

• robochicken
    replied
    We are going to have a lot of good events going on for flight it will be a lot of fun!!!!!!! we are going to have low and slow flights, relay races, fast war bird flights ect. We will get more info up for it asap and get some events rolling! FUN FUN FUN

Leave a comment:

• robochicken
    replied
    it is a party also!!!!!!!!!!! lovin it !!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• WarHawK
    replied
    Welcome to the party

Leave a comment:

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
Who has read this thread:
Working...
X