X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elite: Dangerous pics and videos

The Winfrey and the Callipygian

Lazerbolt's shiny white and black Orca on a landing pad next to my red Asp Explorer with Pathfinder decals at Parkinson Dock, Eotienses system during a community goal cargo run.

Lazerbolt has named his Orca "The Winfrey." It's nominally a passenger ship.
    I have named my Asp "The Callipygian." It's nominally an exploration vessel.
    Both are currently being used for cargo.

The foreshortening is deceptive. The Orca is longer than the Asp, as can be seen in this side by side blueprint:

Please feel free to post other pics and screenshots to this thread.
    Last edited by Storm; April 27, 2015, 03:31 AM. Reason: Fixed the link for the first pic. You can now click on it for full size and clarity.

Your Asp is considerably wider! Also, since its big and red it can probably be seen from light years away! But it does have a very nice shape.

Comment

Can the Orca kick your Asp?

Comment

Here's a shot of the Winfrey with Storm's ship the Callipygian parked at Parkinson dock.

Another shot of the Orca Winfrey with a nearby star reflecting off the windows.

Here are a couple pics from my recent trip to the Sol system in my Asp called "Cleopatra".

Here she is high above the Earths moon:

Close inspection of the capital ship "Medusa" as she patrols space near Earth.

Cleopatra in orbit high above the African continent.

Taking a break at the beautiful Lincoln station orbiting Earth.

See you guys in the Milky Way!
        Happy landings,
        Lazer

Please visit my Onedrive here:

Comment

Ah, yes, this intel on Sol will prove useful to the Imperials; I shall courier these images back to the Emperor at once. He will be pleased and bless me with many imperial slaves. Bask in his greatness! :mask:
          Take the time, a second to soar; for soon after, beckons a second more.

Comment

Originally posted by c0p0ut View Post
            Can the Orca kick your Asp?
            My big red Asp can take quite a beating, and absorb a lot of punishment, though I'm careful not to expose it. But seriously, who on Earth would want to mistreat a callipygian?

Comment

Those images are so impressive. I'm tempted at purchasing the game, but still have work to do on other games that I don't want to forfeit at this time. Now that Elite Dangerous is selling on Steam I might wait until Steam's Christmas sale to see what kind of an offer they have. I might be done with my other games by then too. But oooh ... SO tempting.

<EDIT: Additional text> Ok, I may not be able to wait until Christmas, I just watched some gameplay videos. Shame on me.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
              Who has read this thread:
              Working...
              X