X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E:D Actionable News

Two important articles appeared in the Galnet news today:

Your chance to win an nVidia GTX Titan Black: Somewhere throughout the known (or unknown) galaxy are canisters of NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan Black Prototypes for sale (according to the article). Be one of the first five pilots to deliver one to Godel Ring in open-play, and nVidia will ship you a real one!

I have only two questions:
    1) Where is Godel Ring?
    2) Does it count if we team up and swarm Godel Ring, intercepting every incoming ship from now until we find one, with the hopes of stealing such precious cargo?

Potential Community Goal for Exploration: It's unclear in the article, but it appears as though explorers will be well-rewarded for bringing their exploration data to Ziemkiewicz Ring in Tsu. I may just grab an Asp for this very reason.

Does anyone know if my assumption that there is a community goal/reward tied to this article is true?
    Take the time, a second to soar; for soon after, beckons a second more.

Godel Ring is an Orbis starport in the Ededleen system at 1114 light seconds. A good place to sell Consumer Technology and Superconductors (as well as Gold).

Comment

http://eddb.io/station/343
      CaseyRyback59/Andreas
      Staff Member
      VA-Manager

Comment

Originally posted by Wingman View Post
        2) Does it count if we team up and swarm Godel Ring, intercepting every incoming ship from now until we find one, with the hopes of stealing such precious cargo?
        You wouldn't be the first to think of that!

Comment

From the above link: "You can buy 500 and then dump them all outside the station as a distraction though haha."
          I like the counter-thought! It'd take them enough time to cargo scoop the spares that by the time they've got one, you'd be docked and selling.

Comment

The rewards for the exploration community goal aren't that great, but the event is nice place to drop exploration data off if you just happen to be returning from a long trip. I suppose this can be done on purpose, just live in the Bulge scanning for weeks on end and return only when a community goal crops up.

Comment

The exploration goal rewards seem modest at the moment, but they're already escalating (they've doubled in the first day or so), rather like the war in Lugh. And you do get a discount on an Asp!

Exploration is usually only one-third as profitable as trading anyway, but is that the main reason for doing it?

Comment

Elite is now available on Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/359320

Regarding keys for existing players: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...05#post2044405

'We haven't removed any option - as for providing steam keys for people who already own the game we'll look into it and go from there.

Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Vidken View Post
                  Elite is now available on Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/359320

Regarding keys for existing players: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...05#post2044405
                  More outlets for the game = more players = more money for development = better game. Or so one hopes. Though I can see no earthly (or stellar) benefit from getting a Steam key; it's fine as a non-Steam game.

Comment

Careful with that Asp discount if one plans on selling one's Asp upon completion of the journey... One might get just the local discounted sale price of the Asp in return (well, 90% of that), rather than the original sale price (well, 90% of that).

Comment

Got 10,000,000Cr for being in the top 5%. This makes a bit more sense than the 750,000Cr I was going to be rewarded for selling over 30,000,000Cr worth of data.

Comment

I was under the impression that the end reward was based on the number of contributors to the community goal in question. There were far fewer commanders that contributed to the exploration goal as opposed to the combat goal.

Plus exploring is a bit more lucrative time wise than combat can be.
                        Happy landings,
                        Lazer

Please visit my Onedrive here:

Comment

It worked well for me! Couldn't do first week. Spent only 12 hours on it. Yet reached top 15%, got 5 million CR reward, plus plus 1.3+ Million CR Asp discount, ON TOP OF the regular data sales (which only amounted to 4 million by themselves). So I'm VERY happy. :eagerness:

Comment

Yay! It appears that the exploration reward for top 5% is indeed 10,000,000 credits! Fer de Lance in my future.
                            Happy landings,
                            Lazer

Please visit my Onedrive here:

Comment

Yay indeed! :eagerness:

Besides, for people who simply want to earn cash, trading is the way to go. Even in my humble Type-6 with around 100 tons of cargo space, I find I make 10,000 CR a minute, every minute, as my average profit - which is almost exactly double what I can make on a minute-by-minute basis through exploring. On the other hand, that's not what exploring is really about, is it?

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
                              Who has read this thread:
                              Working...
                              X