No announcement yet.

Panel: Carenado Garmin G1000 Settings on Load

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panel: Carenado Garmin G1000 Settings on Load

If your like me, when you fly any of the New G1000 Carenado planes, you get in the plane and spend 30 minutes configuring the settings to your liking. Of course this means planning ahead (who does that? not me) or doing it in the air (pain in the but). What if I told you can change a file around so that it will auto-load your settings in to the aircraft. Lets say you like Topo maps, traffic, and auto zoom on your MFD as well as put it in Heading up mode. Well with a little tweak that VA6PC told me about and something I looked up on Avsim I found a way to do it.
    1. First you want to go to FSX directory, normal install it will be C://Program files (X86)/Microsoft Games/Microsoft Flight Simulator X/
    2. then you want to go in to the Gauges folder. For the Demo I will be using the TC182T's G1000 however the same process can be done for the SR-22's G1000.
    3. Now find the CAR_G1000.bin or if you are doing the SR-22 it is SR22_G1000.bin.
    4. Now extract the .bin using 7zip or WinRAR so that you create a folder to unpack it to. The Idea is that you create a directory in gauges that will replace the bin. once you do that rename the bin as CAR_G1000_BK or SR22_G1000_BK. That way you have a back up of the original bin file but FSX will use the new directory that you created.
    5. Now that you have taken care of that now you need to go in to the CAR_G1000/SR22_G1000 directory and find the G1000_Congif.xml
    6. Open it in Notepad
    7. you want to start here at the Map Settings block and work your way down to the bottom of the XML file.
    8. as you can see the lines or formatted so all you have to do is change the number in front of the (>L:G1000_XXXXXXXXX, enum/bool) the part that has the //gives you a description of what that line does and what variable you can change.
    9. From this point on just go though and change what you want. I do not suggest changing the Ranges it can get out of hand and you can mess things up if they aren't meshing right.

Here are my Config files for the 182 and SR22, note the Config files do not change the PFD options, you must do that your self on load out.

REMEMBER BACK UP, BACK UP, BACK UP YOU FILES, I AM NOT AT FAULT IF YOU MESS YOUR G1000 UP AND YOU CANT FIX IT WITH YOUR BACKUP.

I also have a fix for the SR-22 PFD texture fix. the horizon looks like crap in the original, here are the textures out of the 182 that look better. just place the 3 files in to the SR22_G1000 File that you created above.

Last edited by Flyingdreamz; April 14, 2013, 07:42 PM. Reason: SR22 G1000 PFD texture fix added

Thanks, Dakoda. I will try this out on my G1000 in the C182T.
    If it ain't Boeing — I ain't going.

[img]http://www.msflights.net/pilots/phpvms/lib/signatures/MSF0024.png[/img]

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
    Who has read this thread:
    Working...
    X