Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Announcing FSTweaker by HawgDawg!

I would like to officially announce the birth of a brand new FSX tweaking tool called FSTweaker. This application is for modifying your FSX config file in a graphical interface.

See the Announcement Video Here: Click this link to go to video

The application is in beta testing, but will be available for Alpha Very Very soon. I will include a link in this post when its available.

Beta Release of FSTweaker: Here
    HawgDawg4Life.....

HawgDawg4life@msflights.net
    See my videos Here

Looks great! Looking forward to trying this one :emmersed::emmersed:
    [IMG]http://www.msflights.net/pilots/phpvms/lib/signatures/MSF0497.png[/IMG]

Comment

I too will be having a look at this.
      Congratulations on completing it, now what are you going to do?
      If you don't use BOINC or World Community Grid then you should!

Comment

Nice job Hawg, the video preview looks awesome! How do you plan on distributing it? Was thinking our download forum could be a nice place to show it off.

Comment

Awesome. Simply awesome. Can't wait to give it a go.
          [img]http://www.msflights.net/pilots/phpvms/lib/signatures/MSF0503.png[/img]

Comment

What am I going to do next? spend some time with my wife. After that, expect, "Packet Watch" a personal packet monitoring app for you to know how many you are generating in multiplayer....

yes, Kalo, I was thinking about that. I currently have a couple of posts out there with direct links, but would like to distribute and talk to you about adding a page to the website for update checks on this and other software....
            HawgDawg4Life.....

See my videos Here

Comment

Originally posted by ATC_ROO View Post
              I too will be having a look at this.
              Congratulations on completing it, now what are you going to do?
              "I'm goin to Disney World!"

Looks great Hawg!
              Take the time, a second to soar; for soon after, beckons a second more.

Comment

[QUOTE=Wingman;15613]"I'm goin to Disney World!"

When God finally says, "King, my office. Now!" I want to go barreling in there half spun out with holes in my clothes, smoke rising from me, and my hair in a mess. I want to be busy. I don't want to go explain myself and not have a great story to go along with it.

Comment

[QUOTE=Gimpy;15615]
                  Originally posted by Wingman View Post
                  "I'm goin to Disney World!"

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3684[/ATTACH]

Comment

Very cool Hawg! Thanks for sharing!

Comment

I want everyone to understand that this is a beta release of Tweaker so I can work out my logic bugs. Please provide feedback, good, bad, or indifferent. Thank you. I am looking forward to fixing the bugs..... lol
                      HawgDawg4Life.....

See my videos Here

Comment

The only thing that I've seen thus far which has bothered me is when I inject new settings into my .cfg file with the FStweaker it resets some settings within FSX particularly the "pause when move to another screen" option. Otherwise this product is great and if that's what I have to deal with then no heart burn here!

Comment

It's funny that you mention that, jt... I remember being cautioned long ago about the reverse happening -- making tweaks to the config file and then changing something via in-game settings; the latter resulting in reversing some seemingly unrelated manual cfg tweaks. I wonder if one has anything to do with the other.

Comment

First i wanna say, Thank You, Hawg, for spent so much time away from family, to give us this very good tool!
                            I know it is still a Beta version and it has some bugs. Here is one: during my experiences today( i have 7 cfg's now ) i used the easy slider and tweaked first in Low End Mode, tested it and went back to Fstweaker , to try the next step. but soon as i start moving the slider, i got this

And the text in the box below is this the first line say's, that the app can't find FSX_SE.exe.. i'm runninf single installation.
                            System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Die Datei C:\Users\Steamer\AppData\Roaming\microsoft\fsx-se\fsx_se.cfg konnte nicht gefunden werden.
                            Dateiname: 'C:\Users\Steamer\AppData\Roaming\microsoft\fsx-se\fsx_se.cfg'
                            bei Microsoft.VisualBasic.FileIO.FileSystem.DeleteFile Internal(String file, UIOptionInternal showUI, RecycleOption recycle, UICancelOption onUserCancel)
                            bei FsTweaker.frmMain.grandFinal()
                            bei System.Windows.Forms.Button.PerformClick()
                            bei FsTweaker.frmMain.setTweaker_Scroll(Object sender, EventArgs e)
                            bei System.Windows.Forms.TrackBar.WndProc(Message& m)
                            bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Geladene Assemblys **************
                            mscorlib
                            Assembly-Version: 4.0.0.0.
                            Win32-Version: 4.0.30319.36213 built by: FX452RTMLDR.
                            CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll.
                            ----------------------------------------
                            FsTweaker
                            Assembly-Version: 1.0.1.3.
                            Win32-Version: 1.0.1.3.
                            CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Steamer/AppData/Local/Apps/2.0/G1MDO198.ZO5/86JJC8D9.Q5E/fstw..tion_0d4e4470e9e11f77_0001.0000_173beb10cf39 3dbe/FsTweaker.exe.
                            Microsoft.VisualBasic
                            Assembly-Version: 10.0.0.0.
                            Win32-Version: 12.0.52213.36213 built by: FX452RTMLDR.
                            CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll.
                            System
                            Win32-Version: 4.0.30319.36250 built by: FX452RTMLDR.
                            CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll.
                            System.Core
                            CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll.
                            System.Windows.Forms
                            CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll.
                            System.Drawing
                            CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll.
                            System.Runtime.Remoting
                            Win32-Version: 4.0.30319.36257 built by: FX452RTMLDR.
                            CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll.
                            System.Configuration
                            CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll.
                            System.Xml
                            Win32-Version: 4.0.30319.36246 built by: FX452RTMLDR.
                            CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll.
                            System.Management
                            CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Management/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Management.dll.
                            Accessibility
                            CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll.
                            mscorlib.resources
                            CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/mscorlib.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_de_b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.resources.dll.
                            Microsoft.VisualBasic.resources
                            Assembly-Version: 10.0.0.0.
                            Win32-Version: 12.0.52213.36213 built by: FX452RTMLDR.
                            CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic.resources/v4.0_10.0.0.0_de_b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.resources.dll.
                            System.Windows.Forms.resources
                            CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_de_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll.

************** JIT-Debuggen **************
                            Um das JIT-Debuggen (Just-In-Time) zu aktivieren, muss in der
                            Konfigurationsdatei der Anwendung oder des Computers
                            (machine.config) der jitDebugging-Wert im Abschnitt system.windows.forms festgelegt werden.
                            Die Anwendung muss mit aktiviertem Debuggen kompiliert werden.

Zum Beispiel:

<configuration>
                            <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
                            </configuration>

Sorry for some german words, my win7 is german, lol

you can end the app or go next, but than it happend again soon as you touch the slider again....
                            CaseyRyback59/Andreas
                            Staff Member
                            VA-Manager

Comment

Interesting and I wish I could read some of those words. I have a new version that I would like you to install. it has an exception handler in it so you get a msgbox should you receive exceptions. I am pretty sure I know why this might be happening, but can not confirm without the exception info. New version is http://www.opendrive.com/files/M184M...aker_V1014.zip
                              I am only offering the exception version to people that experience these sort of issues. So far you are number 2, but not with this error, your the first. I know which circumstances cause the app to look for FSX_SE.cfg, but if you only have one version of FSX installed, FSX_SE is not used and the program should know that. Question. Does tweaker give you the option to click both the classic and steam editions even though you only have one version installed? and could you check your %appdata%\roaming\microsoft folder to see if there is a FSX and a FSX-SE directory, even if they are empty.
                              HawgDawg4Life.....

See my videos Here

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
                              Who has read this thread:
                              Working...
                              X