Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSFlights.Net to Oshkosh 2014

MSF to KOSH
    Event dates: July 28 - August 3th, 2014.

I'm going to break this thread up into 3 different sections. The first section will be Q/A. The second section will be multimedia. Video's and Pictures of the event, aircraft, or the people that make it great. The third and last will be relevant links to AirVenture's website

Greetings fellow MSFlights.net members. With plenty of time between now and the event dates for next year, I wanted to post a thread that outlined EAA's AirVenture Oshkosh attractions, highlights, and other pertinent information that may be useful to you if you are interested in making the trek to journey to Oshkosh Wisconsin next summer. This is me
    trying to convince you to go

What is it? : AirVenture Oshkosh is the world's greatest and largest aviation event. It is organized and hosted by the EAA (Experimental Aircraft Association) which is headquartered in Oshkosh, Wisconsin.

Why should I care?: Without events like these, the passion and love for aviation would be no where close to what it is today. New products are timed to be released at this event, and that includes simulation-orientated products and software as well. Even if you aren't big on real-world flying, this is worth your time! EAA AirVenture Oshkosh is one of the few aviation events in the United States that has not been effected by sequestration.

What's there to do?: The event last 7 days, with a top-of-the-world airshow each and every day. There are over 10,000 aircraft in the area to look at and many workshops, forums, shops, a museum, and exhibitors. It's here where you will see the past, present, and future of aviation. Jack Pelton, Chairman of the board (EAA) made a statement pre-luding AirVenture 2013 of which I found extremely interesting, with it being the first time in history. It went something as follows -"It's a unique time, where we are actually seeing more and more warbirds being restored,
    rebuilt, and saved and put back into the air faster than they are being put up in museums or being lost to incident."

How do I get there?: There are so many different ways to get to Oshkosh for the event, but it will mostly depend on what works best for you. Depending on how long you plan on staying, I would recommend taking an airliner to Chicago/O'hare or Milwaukee/Mitchell and rent a car and drive up to Oshkosh and either camp or check in at a hotel (WITH MONTHS PRIOR ARRANGEMENT). There is transportation all over the field ranging from trams, buses, taxi's, and more, so once you're here, you'll be taken care of. I treat this as a vacation. I clear my schedule months in advance, and let businesses & clients know that I will be unavailable for the time that I am here. I'd recommend doing the same for the duration you plan on attending EAA's AirVenture Oshkosh.

I'm leaning towards monday, wednesday, or friday for the day of our meet-up at AirVenture. I will provide more details in the further weeks.

Multimedia Content

Harrison Ford narrates the essence of AirVenture Oshkosh.

SlickHutto's 2009 AirVenture Video.

SlickHutto's 2010 AirVenture Video.

SlickHutto's 2011 AirVenture Video.

SlickHutto's 2013 AirVenture Video.

SlickHutto's 2014 AirVenture Video.

Clips of the Night-Time Airshow at Oshkosh AirVenture 2012.

David Oliver (Commemorative Air Force Pilot) talking about flying the only B-29 in the

world, FIFI.

Me and CopOut at AirVenture Oshkosh on Friday.

Me and Captain Jakey at AirVenture Oshkosh on Monday.

LemonLime testing out the Redbird Simulations TD2.

RedBird Simulations full motion simulator.

RedBird Simulations full motion simulator.

Cloud line at AirVenture Oshkosh

Simulator Set up in Exhibit Hangar B

Airventure Information

Admission Rates -
    $28 daily, or $119 weekly (If you're an EAA Member)
    $43 daily (non-EAA member)
    If you plan on staying more than 3 days, then you may want to consider getting an EAA

membership to lower the cost of admission.
    You can read about admission rates, what you get access to, and how to become an EAA

member here: http://airventure.org/planning/admission.html

Where to stay -
    http://airventure.org/planning/where_to_stay.html
    There's a vast campgrounds to stay in that's quite affordable.
    You can rent a private house.
    You can stay at the nearby college dorms.
    You can book a hotel or motel way in advance.
    You can camp under the wing of your aircraft.

View this map to see the airventure grounds and plan your routes.
    http://airventure.org/planning/av13_visitormap.jpg

---

Sun N ' Fun 2014 is also around the corner, and is a recommended event for all Floridians and MsFlight.net-er's alike.
    More information on it can be found here. http://www.sun-n-fun.org/

Msflights to Sun n' Fun maybe? I might head up that.

Comment

What a lovely pic of me showing how to do it the right way :untroubled:

Comment

Those controls were awful.

Comment

Yes they were!! And that lady didn't know anything about what she was promoting.

Comment

I love in Oshkosh, So I would definitely be interested!
            [IMG] http://www.fsairlines.net/signatures/72896.png[/IMG]

Comment

I can not confirm nor deny if I will be attending Oshkosh this year. However sun n' fun is a different story.

Comment

The video's get me excited for next year.

Comment

Advance Tickets are now on sale at www.airventure.org

Comment

A2A will be manning a booth this year. Would anyone be around to help?
                    Scott may be looking for additional set-up help.

Has anyone made plans for attending this year? The thunderbirds will be there, and a ton more is committed to coming already. You can read more about it at www.airventure.org

Comment

Anyone planning on attending that wants a free MSF Polo T-Shirt, please let me know I'm ordering a few to give away, and if you're going to the convention give me a holler so I can have your size for the convention and we can meet up at the A2A booth!

Comment

Are they the same shirts we all ordered the first round?
                        -Liam

Comment

A2A is booth 4009 in the Garmin Exhibit Hangar D. If you want to meet up contact 860-938-8667.
                          [IMG]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/48621161/CSS/HGPAULnew-text.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

Thanks for the update, Capn!
                            Take the time, a second to soar; for soon after, beckons a second more.

Comment

Anyone attending that wishes to meet up and say howdy doo, feel free to forum PM me for my Phone Number or others provided in this thread.

We disembark tomorrow towards the core heart of the aviation world, wish you all could be there.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
                              Who has read this thread:
                              Working...
                              X