Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easternhops Wednesday DC3

Greetings people!!

EAS-ZK-BOB here.

You are cordially invited to attend our regular DC3 Wednesday event.
    please be advised that start time has been pushed to 3PM EST

Isn't this a great paint scheme? I would LURVE to have mine painted like that,
    Oh well, I don't have those skills, so will just have to put up with what I've got...

Now then the important bits first....
    Location......... British Columbia

Time, 3PM EST>>>>>>>>...>>>>> NOTE TIME CHANGE!!!!

Aircraft, DC3, of course!!
    This will not be as challenging a hoplist as the Idaho one,
    but still a test of your abilities to fly in mountain terrain with a slight breeze
    We ARE going to dial back the wind, we had it a bit much last week,
    so this week, 20 gusting 30 kts is easy.

For Easterhops members on Teamspeak, there will be one flight plan,
    (maybe two, If I get the time),one of Mad Bob's managed flights!!

trust the fourth, Luke!!!

NOT going to publish the hop list, we will be doing more navigation and pilotage stuff,

REMEMBER TO HAVE PAPER AND PEN HANDY!! you WILL need it.

The important stuff[

Location......... British Columbia
    Direct connect = 108.18.121.186
    Teamspeak 3 IP = ts3.easternhops.com:4200
    Flight Radio = ehfr.bz

Thanks to:-
    "BC VALLEY RUN"<< By "eastern42oo aka SERVER_POLICE"

Lastly...

Easternhops Forum post link...
    http://easternhops.com/forum/index.php?topic=2306.0

Come along and enjoy good company, humour and share you skills and knowledge.

ZK-BOB

I approve this message since they asked permission.
    Greetings from Dale
    Sound 4-U! - A Tulsa based sound company that provides sound reinforcement and mobile recording services.

Comment

I like the way Sound4U thinks. ZK-Bob is as nice a character as New Zealand every produced. Read his intro bio to get a true flavor of Oceania. I would love to notify of some single special group flight msFLIGHTS.net may host over on the EasternHops website and start such a cross community group flight communities get-together. I personally have flown with the pilots at EasternHops and, while their community does group flight different than our community, a good time was had by all. If you care to go on an EasternHops group flight and also care to identify yourself as an msFLIGHTS.net community member (primarily ?) consider prefixing your normal gamertag with "MSF", both on EasternHops' TeamSpeak and on their FSX host. As I recall, EasternHops prefers you to change any default tail numbers assigned by FSX to a unique tail number.
      I have strong hard wired internet in Henderson, Nevada as of 21:00 EDT.

What are your thoughts on this precedent being set, pro or con, why, where would you like to see this sort of thing go (or stop)?
      Respects, Bob ...

Comment

I figure there are few of us simmers. The more the merrier.

My viewpoint; If it's alright for us to host a session for other communities and more or less advertise on their websites, it should be alright for us to reciprocate.
        Greetings from Dale
        Sound 4-U! - A Tulsa based sound company that provides sound reinforcement and mobile recording services.

Comment

Three things...

I'm personally in favor of closer reciprocal links with other groups. I guess we need to remember that they're like foreign countries and people do things differently there (to adapt L.P. Hartley's famous quote), and that when in Rome, do as the Romans do. So treading respectfully seems appropriate when visiting them, and we can expect the same of visitors when they come here.

Advertising seems good to me. Because many people don't make a habit of visiting other communities unless specifically invited, advertising events like this may be the only way they get to hear of such group flights.

However, we might possibly consider a separate sub-forum in "Flight Plans and Events" for such events to be posted in our forums here. I'm not sure what it would be called; perhaps simply "Events hosted by other communities"? I'm not even sure whether a sub-forum is necessary; I could go either way.

In summary, this seems like a development of polite, cordial and enthusiastic bilateral relations. Personally, I see that as a positive step that I suspect will benefit msFlights members.

Comment

Initially, they asked me if they could publish the ad, I approved
            HawgDawg4Life.....

HawgDawg4life@msflights.net
            See my videos Here

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
            Who has read this thread:
            Working...
            X