Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tutorial: How to create a detailed "Prospector-style" flight plan for a group flight

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tutorial: How to create a detailed "Prospector-style" flight plan for a group flight

After the recent and apparently successful group flight "Colorado prospector Tour #1", Robert Dunn asked me to write a tutorial to help others create similar types of plans for their flights (should they so wish). Here it is!

You'll find the tutorial as a PDF file plus the final worked example of a .PLN file here (on a friend's Skydrive):
    Storm's public tutorial directory

I most emphasize that this is not the way to plan group flight, only a way. It doesn't supplant the popular "Airport-only" type of plan we use so much and will probably continue to use. In fact the advantages and disadvantages of each type are discussed at the start of the tutorial. However, it's an alternative, and may well reward the hard work needed to create it.

Cross-posted to "How To's forum".

Well Storm you've done it again. I have downloaded your very detailed tutorial, and encourage others to do likewise.

Your use of intermediate WAYPOINTS between AIRPORTS means flight plans are moderately more work, but significantly more interesting. In essence it is just a more complete and more realistic flight plan. I appreciated your efforts recently in explaining your technique in flight planning, and I am using it for the short mystery tours I am currently working on. In fact, for the short tours, waypoints are essential.

Flight plans are only points in space anyway, either way (WAYPOINTS) or air (AIRPOINTS!).
    "Having fun with friends! "

Comment

I appreciate this, Storm. My sporadic ability to connect to the internet while I'm traveling is causing me delays in timely comment and requires me to be all too brief in comment even when I find a wifi signal. Lucky you, huh?
      Respects, Bob ...

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
      Who has read this thread:
      Working...
      X