Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proposed new event type - FSX: Short Hops- Mystery Tours

As a relatively new person to participate on this forum, in the multiplater sessions on msFlights.net, and to communicate over Teamspeak, I would like to contribute to the life of this community in my own small way.

The Weekly State Hops on Friday nights while a great success, require people to have more time to devote to an event (1-2 hours). The recent Special Event called the Colorado Prospector Tour was a highly successful and well attended event run by Storm this last Saturday, but was also a 1-2 hour event. IMHO this event showed a high level of planning skill and associated plan execution, that reflects Storm's many talents and exception work ethic.

I propose a variation on the Wednesday FSX:Shorts Hops theme with something I call FSX: Short Hops - Mystery Tours. These would shorter duration events (15-30 minutes) run on a weekday (Wednesday?). Some of the characteristics for these events that might be appropriate are

1. Smaller areas, possibly important cities, National Parks, vacation destinations, your home towns, places you have either visited or would like to go to someday, etc.
    2. Organized around some sort of THEME where the individual who is running the event has personal knowledge or interest.
    3. More modest aircraft which can fly slow enough and low enough to see the sights are used.
    4. Finally, the Flight Plan will be made available just before the start time of the event to keep things interesting.

I have started planning a Mystery Tour themed to my home state of New York, and have several others in the back of my mind. I suspect the first one will take me some time to finish since Flight Planning is new to me. Give me a week or two.

Coast
    "Having fun with friends! "

This would be something I would enjoy doing. It would keep it interesting releasing the flight
    plan only a few minutes before the start of the event. It would also be good because I usually do not have all that much time on weekdays, and I think many people can relate, so it would be nice to have some short flights. I like your idea, Coast!
    If it ain't Boeing — I ain't going.

[img]http://www.msflights.net/pilots/phpvms/lib/signatures/MSF0024.png[/img]

Comment

ill fly it for sure! I like shorter one hour long runs myself cause i can't always sit here for that long so i say go for it. Sounds like a great idea with the whole mystery theme to it also!!

Comment

Looking forward to these, Coast! Time to break out the Cub, perhaps, or even the Trike?

Comment

Great idea Coast, I love the idea of shorter hops. But if I might be so bold as to make an aircraft suggestion, might I suggest the Classic Wings Edgley Optica? http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/...edgley-optica/

A really nice aircraft, small, slow, and great for sightseeing. I think it's perfect for your flights

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
          Who has read this thread:
          Working...
          X