X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AirVenture Oshkosh 2016

As what has become part of the ritual for me of preparing for AirVenture Oshkosh every year, here are this year's highlights. I will add to this list as more aircraft announce they're attending as it gets closer to the event.

This year's dates are July 25th thru the 31st.
    I will be at the A2A tent working/hanging out intermittently throughout the week, I hope to meet more of you each year. Forum PM me if you'd like my cell phone number and we can meet up and go grab a bite to eat and watch the Airshow.

http://www.eaa.org/en/airventure

US Coast Guard Centennial (100-year) Anniversary.

Eurocopter MH-65 Dolphin short-range recovery helicopter
    Sikorsky MH-60 Jayhawk medium-range helicopter
    Lockheed HC-130 Hercules long-range surveillance aircraft
    EADS HC-144 Ocean Sentry, medium-range surveillance aircraft
    Alenia C-27 Spartan, medium-range surveillance aircraft

Boeing Centennial (100-year) Anniversary. Premiere Event commemorating the milestone.
    Cathay Pacific 747-8 Freighter
    B-17's
    B-29's
    Alaska Airlines 737-800
    FedEx 767 Freighter
    Major gathering of Stearman Biplanes

Operation Desert Storm/Desert Shield - 25 Year Anniversary.
    A-10 Warthog's
    F-18 Hornet's
    F-15 Eagle's
    F-16 Falcons (Including a full viper demo from the F-16 Demonstration Team)
    KC-135
    EA-6B
    C-5M

Martin Mars, the largest flying water bomber in the world.

Paradigm Aerobatic Team (Ultralight powered paragliders doing aerobatics..)
    5 Spartan Executives
    B-29 "Doc"
    B-29 "Fifi"
    Canadian Forces Snowbirds. (Performing Friday(July29th), Saturday(30th) and Sunday.(31st)
    A-20 Havoc
    Largest gathering of WWII aircraft in the world (Trainers, Fighters, Bombers, Transports) There are many things to see each year, there are too many types to list here.

WW1 Biplanes, including vintage and replicas from Sopwith, Fokker, Spad, and many more.

Other Notables:

Vans RV-6 (30 Year Anniversary)
    Ultralights @ Oshkosh (40 year Anniversary)
    Cessna C120/C140 (70 Year Anniversary)
    Navion (70 Year Anniversary)
    De Havilland Chipmunk (70 Year Anniversary)
    Interstate Cadet (75 Year Anniversary)
    Grasshopper [L-Bird] (75 Year Anniversary)
    Globe/Temco Swift (70 Year Anniversary)

There are always mass arrivals now from RV's, Cherokees, Cessna's, Mooney's, Bonanza's, Swifts, Ercoupes and many more. Look for these arrivals in the days leading up to opening day Monday.

It's going to be a great show, I wish I could've gotten off work :/
    [url]http://www.mountain-air.org/forumsig/1/image.php?callsign=MTN1031[/url]

Comment

The only night that I could get off of work that coincides with decent weather is Thursday, 07-28-16. I should be up there around 9am. I'll stop by the booth and look for you.

Comment

Hey guys, returned from this years' AirVenture.

I would really implore you all to make it a point to attend one of these, I'd like to get 10+ msFlight-ee's at a personal event one of these days.
        Take the family, plan a true vacation out of it.

There's a lot of really good stuff for simmers like us, as well as the general aviation crowd that enjoys standard airshows and unique aircraft.

Scott from A2A had a really nice presentation on the new Lockheed Constellation that they're working on releasing soon and the engine sounds are fantastic - something to be excited about.

Comment

I agree with Warhawk about meeting other msflight members, this year I saw at least just in 3 days at least 50 planes that we all have in our hangors. Howard 500, Spartan Executives, Ercoupes and many other planes. Of course it's up to you to come on down one of these years. If you would like to see a plane you haven't seen in real life in years and reminis about what it means to you with the owner then AirVenture Oshkosh is that place.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
          Who has read this thread:
          Working...
          X