Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where's the ATC?

There seems to be a lot looking to gain an ATC badge at the moment.

And I'd love to oblige but....
    Where are you?

I will be testing at some point in the near future but would like to see you controlling when your not being tested.

ANYBODY CAN CONTROL ON THE MSFLIGHTS SERVERS.
    There seems to be a misunderstanding that you can only control if you have a badge.

That is not the case.
    You will earn the ATC recognition if you prove to be a good controller.

The more you control the better you will be and the more likely you will be to get traffic, as pilots looking for ATC will know that there is usually a controller on MSFLIGHTS.

If your good they'll come back.

The more you control, the more likely it'll be that an ATC admin will see you controlling and be able to assess your skill.

You don't need a badge to be a good controller.
    If you don't use BOINC or World Community Grid then you should!

Thanks for making that clear, Roo.

Our ATC system is a social/community activity that anyone can participate in, rather than one built around strict ranks, achievements, and rewards.

I bet there are many of us who want to experience ATC without the pressure and expectations of a strict ATC-only community. My hope and expectation is that the experience here be an enjoyable one for all involved.

If you'd like to play the role of controller, just do it. Like Roo said, doing it will get you the recognition and support of the community. Just hop into an ATC channel and put something like "KFLL Tower" next to your name in TeamSpeak.

If you'd like to fly in controlled airspace, keep an eye on the various ATC channels, and know that someone with "KXYZ Approach" is probably controlling KXYZ's airspace at the moment. If the controller doesn't have an ATC-like icon next to their name in TeamSpeak, give them a try anyway.
    Take the time, a second to soar; for soon after, beckons a second more.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
    Who has read this thread:
    Working...
    X