Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Era for msflights ATC!

Hi Guys i thought id publicly announce the plans for msflights ATC program so here goes.

So recently it seems like not much has been happening with ATC here at msflights well thats about to change!
    I have been working a complete overhaul to the way we do things in ATC here as i feel it is slightly outdated and with the massive influx of traffic from Steam fsx i Thought it was time for a fresh approach to ATC.

Things i am working on:

A completely new controlling software like flight strips but compatible with steam.

A new way of getting interested members through there evaluation with training and mentoring.

Regular scheduled control sessions so you know in advance when a tower will be open and exactly What will be controlled.

I am also Talking with hawgdawg who is in contact with the guys over at Boston virtual ATc and it looks like we will have Evan and his team here as guest controllers from time to time.

I hope this reassures you that we are not sitting back and that we are working very hard to get the ATC program thriving again.

I would also like to welcome some new Staff to the ATC team:

Ben (Razor) will be helping out with Wherever Possible.
    Bassadict is now a fully fledged member of the ATC Staff and will be actively Working to help launch the new System as soon as its Ready.
    ATCRoo you all know Roo and his extensive knowledge. Roo has offered help and support to progress the ATC program and I am working closely with roo to ensure we deliver a Fun,Professional and easy to use ATC community here at msflights.

We are really excited for the new changes and hope to see many of you in the ATC rooms in the near future.
    Thank you all for your support not only for ATC but to the community and keep your Ears open for news of the new program.
    Sincerely your ATC manager
    Edd.
    sigpic

Looking forward for this!
    Regular scheduled control sessions so you know in advance when a tower will be open and exactly What will be controlled.
    particularly that.. but also interested in the evaluation training and mentoring as well.

Great job here and hope to hear about this soon! :emmersed:
    [IMG]http://www.msflights.net/pilots/phpvms/lib/signatures/MSF0497.png[/IMG]

Comment

I think Inter community ATC events are also a very good thing, if other communities were interested in joining us and us joining them from time to time.
      If you don't use BOINC or World Community Grid then you should!

Comment

Sounds great! Especially the scheduled sessions. I don't dare fly on VATSim yet as I feel that I need a lot more practice with my ATC communication, and I'm looking forward to getting more of that in the relaxed atmosphere of this community

Comment

VATSIM isn't all its cracked up to be IMO.
          Everytime I've been on I've been unnecessarily vectored and then been told to go around.
          I find a lot of the controllers take it way too seriously which takes the fun out of flying.
          But thats just my opinion.

Comment

I couldn't agree more Roo. Its a large ATC program but doesnt mean its a good one
            sigpic

Comment

I agree, VATSIM also has the structure backwards, in real life the Pilot has the final decision no matter what, on VATSIM the controller has the final decision, and if you don't listen to their instruction they will not hesitate to Kick/Ban you.
              [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/RrDpHEG.jpg[/IMG]
              [url]www.fsxblueangels.com[/url]

Comment

How will this change things for ATC operators like me and others? This sounds like a great idea.

Comment

This was written a year ago Felix.
                  Things have changed since then including the introduction of SimLink.

Comment

Sorry to dig this up... I've been away for a long time. Got SimLink client up and running, but my question is: are there still regular ATC sessions somewhere? I really enjoyed the weekly sessions with Roo.

(I flew maybe five to ten times as Beechcraft B58 D-IZZY, then went on an involuntary 2-month break after an accident and somehow never came back until now.)

Comment

Hi Motor,
                      I try and pop on when I can but to be honest I haven't had much time this year.

There are others I know that like to control but don't seem to be advertising when they are available.

I would encourage anybody that wants to control to do so.

There are pilots like Motorsheep looking for ATC.
                      If you build it they will come.

Was that field of dreams?????

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
                      Who has read this thread:
                      Working...
                      X