Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Air Traffic Control Basic lessons for pilots and ATC.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Traffic Control Basic lessons for pilots and ATC.

As everyone knows I'm always on the look out for more traffic, so I'm trying to help get more Quality controllers and pilots.

I think a lot of pilots and newbie controllers are scared of Air Traffic Control in case they might do or say the wrong thing whilst having their fun.

That is not the case and it's rare that somebody would do the wrong thing whilst in FSX and there is no such thing as saying the wrong thing (unless your turning left and you say your turning right ).

Pilots....
    You can still fly as you want at a controlled airport all you need to do is tell the controller what you want to do in plain English.
    Example * TOWER N123 WOULD LIKE TO TAKE OFF AND FLY NORTH BEFORE RETURNING"

Tower would give you take off clearance and usually not contact you again until you need landing clearance.
    Meaning you do what you want, but because you've told the tower what you are doing they know what to do with the other aircraft they have.
    Yes in real life their would be certain restrictions as in altitude and noise abatement after take off but it's rare these apply in FSX as no one FSX controller would know the airfield details for all airfields in FSX.

What is a squawk and how do I use it?
    Why do you keep telling me the QNH or Altimeter and what does it mean?
    How do I do an ILS approach?
    What is a base leg or even What is a circuit?

Controllers....

How do I know which way to send the aircraft?
    How do I know if I give them vectors or not?
    What are vectors?
    When do I clear them to land?
    How do I know what they are doing?
    how would I give aircraft an ILS approach.

I'm proposing a session when I can next get on, where I don't control but Pilots and wannabe Air Traffic Controllers can talk to me in Teamspeak and ask how they might do something.
    I hope I'll be able to answer

All pilots would join in an aircraft and all controllers would join with radar open so they could see what would happen with certain instructions given.

I hope a session like this might help people and get more of the quality controllers we have, and more pilots into the ATC channels.

After this pilots may find the fun of navigating VOR - VOR, NDB - ILS approach, or even learn an NDB Procedual approach and the ATC would know exactly what they were doing.

Let me know a good time in Zulu eg 2000z (there's the first lesson ) people might be available and I'll setup in teamspeak for everybody to ask questions.
    If you don't use BOINC or World Community Grid then you should!

Would like to join to learn more about being an ATC .. session time is up to you :P im gmt+8 btw.. :congratulatory:
    Last edited by th3k0p; January 8, 2015, 05:21 PM. Reason: 2000z was just an example.. got it.
    [IMG]http://www.msflights.net/pilots/phpvms/lib/signatures/MSF0497.png[/IMG]

Comment

I think it would be awesome to have some planned sessions like this!

Comment

So for those that are interested and asking me...

Monday from 1900z (until around 0100z) I will be in Teamspeak for any New Controllers or Pilots to ask questions.

This is a good opportunity if you've fancied flying with ATC as a pilot or want to start as a controller but are unsure what to do?

There is no such thing as a stupid question (only stupid people)
        Joking aside ask anything that you are unsure about, if I can't answer it there will be somebody that can.
        If you don't use BOINC or World Community Grid then you should!

Comment

will be there :chuncky:
          [IMG]http://www.msflights.net/pilots/phpvms/lib/signatures/MSF0497.png[/IMG]

Comment

thanks for your continued work on atc roo it is much appreciated i dropped by briefly and seemed to be going very well.
            Thanks again
            sigpic

Comment

How did it go, Roo?

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
              Who has read this thread:
              Working...
              X