Teamspeak3 and FSX Radios!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teamspeak3 and FSX Radios!

I know I've touched on this before but I'm on the hunt for a way to tune you radio in FSX and contact a different Controller in Teamspeak 3 without having to manually tab screens to view the Teamspeak client.

This was/is possible with Teamspeak 2 but as we all know Teamspeak 3 is much better and it's what the Majority use.

I have today on my search come across a Teamspeak 3 plugin that should do what I'd like it too.

The problem is I would need a second person to test it.

The plugin is here if anybody would like to install it and test it next time I'm on.

It's just a case of running the installer, restarting your Teamspeak client then setting a hot key in the plugin settings.

You should then be able to change freqs using your FSX radio in order to contact the different controllers.

For instance if your talking to Tower on 118.50 and they say "contact departure on 123.45" when you tune to 123.45 you should be speaking to a different person.

This software is totally client based and doesn't interfere with the teamspeak server like other ways to do this.

Hopefully I'll get the chance to try it with somebody later today.

Roo

***UPDATE***
    Works brilliantly!
    DOWNLOAD HERE
    INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS HERE!
    Last edited by ATC_ROO; November 23, 2014, 12:02 AM.
    If you don't use BOINC or World Community Grid then you should!

Cool find! I have been in other TeamSpeak server that use it, and its almost easier to use TeamSpeak to change. When you are trying to keep a plane from crashing but have to zoom in on the communication panel and fiddle with the knobs (especially for those using EZDOK) it can be quite tough.
    -Liam

Comment

I use the x52 pro stick and can change the frequency on that so if this works as it says should be quite good.

Comment

Hey Roo!
        I would like to sincerely thank you for making this amazing find! I remember when I was searching for something close to this, but had no luck at the time . But anyways, thank you for your contribution !
        [SIZE=6][I][B]Swift[/B][/I][/SIZE]
        [url=http://www.virginvirtualgroup.co.uk][img]http://virginvirtualgroup.co.uk/en/lib/signatures/VVG2791.png[/img][/url]
        Virtual Air Canada: VAC022873 You'll always have a place in my heart VAC :) [URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sqIxkeu_wY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sqIxkeu_wY[/URL]
        [COLOR="#FF0000"][SIZE=4]Trust the Airbus[/SIZE][/COLOR] [URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dB24ze9Aamc"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dB24ze9Aamc[/URL]
        I actually love both Airbus & Boeing lol.

Comment

can anyone tell me how to join the TeamSpeak3? im part of the FSX and im totally brand new here.

Comment

Originally posted by White-Wolf View Post
            can anyone tell me how to join the TeamSpeak3? im part of the FSX and im totally brand new here.
            You would first download teamspeak3 from here: http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads

Then, you connect to the community here with this address: msflights.net

Introduce yourself, then fly!
            Greetings from Dale
            Sound 4-U! - A Tulsa based sound company that provides sound reinforcement and mobile recording services.

Comment

I have this plugin currently enabled and it would be great to test it with somebody else.

This plugin is good for groups flying in a formation as it allows you to talk on Com1 and monitor Com2.
              The lead aircraft could talk with the group as normal on Com1 but monitor and talk to ATC on Com2.

It's also good for controllers as you can use COM 1 as your tower frequency and set Com2 as a Controller to controller frequency.
              This allows controllers to communicate without switching channels.
              ie arrange handovers before handing the aircraft over etc.

It's here if anybody would like to try it.

One downfall is you will need to setup a separate PTT button if you still want to talk to people without this plugin.
              But you can still sit in the Lobby with your friends chatting as normal and use the seperate PTT button to talk to a controller in a Tower channel that has this plugin enabled.
              Last edited by ATC_ROO; November 23, 2014, 12:15 AM.

Comment

nice find roo just an obvious question but does the channel name need to include the frequency as it does with the fsopen auto switch function?
                sigpic

Comment

No Edd this is purely client based.
                  You can talk to everybody as you do now in one channel and also to people who have the plugin enabled and tuned to the same frequency as you in FSX.

Great if your Reds want to fly through controlled space or make a formation landing.

Great for group flights where a lot of pilots aren't that sure about using ATC, as the lead aircraft can speak to ATC and tell everybody on the other frequency what they're doing.

So a group (or 2 friends sharing an aircraft) could all sit in a channel talking to each other and ATC wouldn't hear them unless they used the plugin PTT button to talk on the Tower freq.
                  Last edited by ATC_ROO; November 23, 2014, 12:19 AM.

Comment

Just playing with it now and I am hearing everybody who hasn't got the plugin too.
                    Could do with somebody else to test this with. :roll:
                    Last edited by ATC_ROO; November 23, 2014, 12:19 AM.

Comment

Works great!
                      You can still talk to and hear people who haven't got the plugin.
                      But whoever else has the plugin can also hear you if they are tuned to the same FSX COM frequency.

So with 2 towers and a pilot using this plugin and without you having to switch out of FSX to see teamspeak......
                      Tower 1 could say "contact the next tower on 123.45"
                      You tune 123.45 into your FSX Radio stack and are able to speak to the next Tower.

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS HERE!
                      Last edited by ATC_ROO; November 23, 2014, 12:23 AM.

Comment

This plugin will work great in the ATC group flight on the 12th of December.
                        You can sit in any channel that you can talk in on the MSFlights Teamspeak server.
                        And tune you FSX radios to talk to the different controllers on route as well as still talking to your friends in the Teamspeak channel your in.

Comment

Update to this.
                          I am yet to get this working with FSX:SE so for now I no longer have this installed.

I'm hoping to come across something that will auto switch TS3 Channels (Client side) and if I do will post it here.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
                          Who has read this thread:
                          Working...
                          X