Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A2A Cessna 172 Update 1.01 has been released!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A2A Cessna 172 Update 1.01 has been released!!

Grabb it!

Changes from v.1.0 to v.1.01
    Fixes / Improvements
    - Random missing VC Clickspot fix
    - Adjusted rudder and toe brake coordination behavior. Flight tested against Cessna 172R N3535H.

[New Features (in testing)
    - Simulated Elevator Force Slider
    During development and through the heavy flight testing of the Cessna 172R, we started to identify differences between the actual yoke movements in the aircraft and how flight simmers interpret their own controller movements. Now with the masses weighing in, we've narrowed this down to two distinctly different camps defined as "Pressure flyers" and "Deflection flyers." Pressure flyers respond to stick spring pressure, while deflection flyers respond to stick deflection and this interpretation happens somewhere between the hand and the brain. My own personal experience on this is, I used to be a pressure flyer, but with the steady activity flying different aircraft types I've slowly become a deflection flyer. However, we've seen even active pilots that fly flight simulation, fall into either of these camps and anywhere in between. Here at A2A, we've always said "we believe in options." We always want the customer to be king in determining what is right for them and this is largely what this update has been about - our responding to customer needs and wishes. We think / hope we created a bridge for both camps and everyone in between, below.

There is a new slider in the lower left corner of the CONTROLS menu (SHIFT-3) called the "Simulated elevator force" slider (will be labelled later) which the user can adjust the elevator sensitivity based on the simulated forces on the yoke. A value of 0 is the current setup for deflection flyers, and pressure flyers can move the scalar up to fit their needs. This would give full elevator authority at slower speeds, yet allow those who find it too sensitive on their controllers to adjust to their personal preferences.

- New Accu-Sim Torque and P-factor Physics
    We removed all FSX torque and p-factor and replaced it with new physics in Accu-Sim. This is an all-new system and is still in progress, but so far what we see is a significant improvement over what we've seen in FSX.

- Created elevator ground effect and additional physics
    Accu-Sim models the forces of air over the elevator, allowing for fine control during landing flare and soft field operations. Try pulling the elevator back prior to your takeoff run and feel how the nose comes up earlier in your takeoff run.

- Brake axis and taxiing
    Some have reported being "stuck" on the ground while taxiing on different surfaces. Our research and testing has determined that there isn't a single source to this, but several. One has been some controllers not fully releasing the brakes. Another is how FSX manages differential braking. We took Cessna 172R "35 Hotel" up twice since in recent days to dig deeper into this area, installing three cameras with one fixed on the rudder pedals. We then adjusted how the controllers interpret FSX and tuned accordingly.

Additional detailed change log
    Controllers
    - Blocked mouse wheel on the radiostack and gps units
    - Keyboard controls for ailerons, elevator, rudder
    - Handling FSUIPC controls for flaps, starter, mixture and fuel selector
    - Axis control for flaps

Avionics
    - The avionics electric power bool depends on the avionics bus voltage also. No power under 12V
    - Switched GNS530 to the first COM
    - Changed RXP avionics suite. Com2 instead of Com1, removed Com1 added DME to GNS 430 option
    - Autopilot uses altimeter #2
    - Autopilot REV mode fixed
    - Tuned vertical autopilot to reduce occasional oscillations
    - Fixed audio selector panel
    - Darker default GPS screens

Misc
    - Reduced the lateral weight of the passengers
    - Massive plugs a little more resistant to fouling
    - Few minor fixes on the textures
    - Hypoxia moved 2k feet up (14.5k)
    - Damaged vacuum pump now triggers "check engine"
    - Slight CoG adjustments and Landing gear strut behavior changes (special thanks to Alex Metzger)
    - More cockpit items and configurations saved with aircraft
    - Fixed prop hub in VC view
    - Reducing MP server flooding
    - Fix to right door for SP2 users
    - Fixed tooltip of left doors handle
    - New landing lights beam logic
    - Fixed altimeter pressure scale in hPa
    - Faster Accu-Sim to FSX interface
    - Maintenance hangar will give more detailed reports if fouled plugs are found
    http://a2asimulations.com/forum/view...d4e68bf3e2eaa9
    Happy landings,
    Düsselwings / Stephan

i7 4790K @ 4,5Ghz - Asus VII Hero - 16GB Corsair Venegance - GTX 780 OC - 27"Dell UHD, 27" Samsung HD - Saitek Homecockpit - 100% ORBX :love_heart:

Thanks for posting Stephan, I added the change log to your post
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/msflights
    Steam Group:
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/msflights
    YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MSFlightsMedia

Comment

Hi,

thanks!

Did you noticed, that the MP flood has gone down?? !! 136 - 253!! Thats great, isn´t it?

happy landings

Must make some test flights... ;-)

Stephan
      Happy landings,
      Düsselwings / Stephan

i7 4790K @ 4,5Ghz - Asus VII Hero - 16GB Corsair Venegance - GTX 780 OC - 27"Dell UHD, 27" Samsung HD - Saitek Homecockpit - 100% ORBX :love_heart:

Comment

Fantastic, it makes it multiplayer friendly payware

Comment

I spoke with Scott Gentile about this in a few E-Mail correspondences, I received one 2 nights ago confirming this patch for multiplayer. I also asked Scott if he would be interested in a group flight on MSFlights.net featuring only the A2A 172, to which he accepted only after this patch was released as they were extremely busy getting the patch out on time.
          "Remember, when in doubt hold on to your altitude, no one has ever collided with the sky"

"Speed is life, Altitude is life insurance"

"Respect the ground, for during the 100 or so years that man has been flying things made of metal going hundreds of miles per hour, and the ground going zero miles per hour, the ground has yet to lose."

[IMG]http://www.msflights.net/pilots/phpvms/lib/signatures/MSF0041.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8081/8414713730_5a72947ba2_o.png[/IMG]

Comment

Hi Spartan,

that would be really fun and exciting! Would like to join that flight. Jan (Flight-Engineer) also!

By the way Update 1.02 has been released!

Accu-Sim C172 Trainer Update v.1.02
            We've made an update available to anyone who wishes to try it, namely those with random missing VC clickspots and others with some controller sensitivity difficulties.

Changes from v.1.01 to v.1.02
            - Should fix sticking toe brakes on all systems 100%
            http://www.a2asimulations.com/downlo...date_v1.02.zip
            Happy landings,
            Düsselwings / Stephan

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
            Who has read this thread:
            Working...
            X